• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

shopping cart

johnstone4192

Hi

Can someone help please...

The story so far !!!!

When my customers made it to shopping cart if i didnt have enough quantity in stock for what they were after they got the usual message of "Products marked with *** dont exist in desired quantity in our stock.etc etc,"

I have managed to get a contribution to replace this text with (there are only 3 pieces in stock at the moment - Please adjust your quantity to the available amount! etc etc

This allowing the customer to see right away how many they can actually order without having to subtract 1 at a time until the error message dissapeared...

however

As it still allows you to buy the amount you first wanted is there anyway that the amount in the quantity box can be automatically adjusted to the stock that i actually have without the customer having to change the quantity and pressing update.

I hope this muddled message makes sense to someone.

any help will be very much appreciated

Gary

I think this feature is intentional for most, as you would normally accept the customer's order for however many they wanted, and ship when you get the extra stock.

Sorry, but i can't offer any assistance with the mod. Possibly listing the contribution you installed to handle this would be useful to someone who can help too.

Rob

Rob Bell - Inspired Graphix

Customising osCommerce in Australia, and the world!

View my profile for web and email links.

I'm sorry, but i cannot offer Free support via PM etc, and osCommerce forums prohibit me from putting any reference to paid support in my signauture.

However viewing my profile may provide links to my website or something like that which you may find useful.

Hi

Can someone help please...

The story so far !!!!

When my customers made it to shopping cart if i didnt have enough quantity in stock for what they were after they got the usual message of "Products marked with *** dont exist in desired quantity in our stock.etc etc,"

I have managed to get a contribution to replace this text with (there are only 3 pieces in stock at the moment - Please adjust your quantity to the available amount! etc etc

This allowing the customer to see right away how many they can actually order without having to subtract 1 at a time until the error message dissapeared...

however

As it still allows you to buy the amount you first wanted is there anyway that the amount in the quantity box can be automatically adjusted to the stock that i actually have without the customer having to change the quantity and pressing update.

I hope this muddled message makes sense to someone.

any help will be very much appreciated

Gary

The contribution was "only_this_many_available v1.1

Archived