• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ship Anywhre in the World

pdutton

This may be basic - so forgive me.

I currently have set up a shipping table for Delivery Rate ( we use ANC in the UK) , where the weight of the order defines the cost. (from 5kg to 100kg)

We have started getting orders from overseas, and have to process these manually.

We need to be able to add a surcharge and a customs charge if outside the EU dependent on country to the order.

Ideally we need a table by weight and by zone.

(I also did a daft thing and deleted countries and zones so I need to re-instate these)

Any ideas how / if we can achieve this ?

Thanks in advance for any advise.

This may be basic - so forgive me.

I currently have set up a shipping table for Delivery Rate ( we use ANC in the UK) , where the weight of the order defines the cost. (from 5kg to 100kg)

We have started getting orders from overseas, and have to process these manually.

We need to be able to add a surcharge and a customs charge if outside the EU dependent on country to the order.

Ideally we need a table by weight and by zone.

(I also did a daft thing and deleted countries and zones so I need to re-instate these)

Any ideas how / if we can achieve this ?

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Iam not sure on exactly what you are trying to achieve, but i think you need more than one shipping zone, currently OSC only supports 1 shipping zone, however extra shipping zones can be added by doing a simple edit of zones.php

catalog\includes\modules\shipping\zones.php

if you got to line 111

and edit

// CUSTOMIZE THIS SETTING FOR THE NUMBER OF ZONES NEEDED

$this->num_zones = 3;

to how many zones you require, currently i need 3 shipping zones so i have changed it to 3, i am calculating my shipping zones in 3 parts, 1. UK 2. EU 3. rest of the world, this enables me to charge different shipping rates for diferent parts of the world in this case 3 different shipping rate according to where you are located, UK, EU, reast of world

Please note once you have edited this file you need to replace it with zones.php on your server, then remove shipping zones module and reinstall. NOTE YOU WILL LOOSE PREVIOUS SHIPPING SETTINGS SET FOR THIS ZONES SHIPPING MODULE.

once reinstalled you will have 3 different shipping zones or how many zones you have set up

thanks hope this is what you are trying to achive

• 4 weeks later...
How did you achieve the 'Rest of the World' section - did you have to enter the entire list of country codes excluding the UK and EU ones?

cheers

---john---

I entered all the country codes and split them into zones according to my carrier then calculated the rates by weight for each zone, including the EU and UK. I've only currently put in rates for the latter as the rest are rather expensive on carriage.

just need to work out now how to split the UK further as scotland and i.o.m northern ireland have differnet rates.

Thanks for the answer. My use case was a lot simpler than yours by the sound of it, and in the end I turned to a contribution that modified zones.php so I can enter 'WORLD' as a zone and not have to use all the codes. Now I just hope the client does not change his mind... again...

Edited by macanics