• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customer Database help

tomkat2006

Hi all, I'd like to do a mass mail marketing campaign to everyone whos signed up to my eshop, trouble is it appears the only way to get everyones address is to go into admin then customers and individually click on "edit" on EVERY customer, brining up their address and copying/pasting the details. I wondered if anyone know of a way to download the customer database so all addresses appear as one file saving time? Any help appreciated.

Hi all, I'd like to do a mass mail marketing campaign to everyone whos signed up to my eshop, trouble is it appears the only way to get everyones address is to go into admin then customers and individually click on "edit" on EVERY customer, brining up their address and copying/pasting the details. I wondered if anyone know of a way to download the customer database so all addresses appear as one file saving time? Any help appreciated.

There are contributions to modify osc to do this.

You can also extract the information using myphpadmin.

I have done this and it has worked for me.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

with thanks, could you provide a tutorial on how to save the database, there's no .exe in the myphpadmin prog I downloaded and dont know how to use it. With thanks

I'm not much of an expert in this but what you want to do is to export the cusomers table. This table contains their names and email address as well as whether or not they are subscribed to the newsletter.

Select the following two fields.

customers_newsletter and customers_email_address

and then choose browse and you can see the information in the fields.

Then you can sort the by the customers_newsletter and cut and paste these addresses into the clipboard to use as you please.

Alternatly:

Usually there is also an option to save this information in an excel format or other formats which can make it easier to use offline.

Select the information you want and save to file.

Make a backup of the database first before you try any of this in case you delete something by accident.

These suggestions are I am sure not the most elegant solution to the problem and a bit of a hack and I would welcome more experienced advice.

Anyway it worked for me.

Let me know how it goes.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Archived