• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Payment Method Box Wording

johnstacey

Hi All,

this is probably a simple fix, but cant find anything on it. I need to change the wording on the payments page. I only have a realex payment option (3rd party credit card payment). However, it is proving confusing for customers. I have received a few phone calls wondering how can they pay if they dont have a 'Realex' credit card. The next page gives them the option to choose card type but there is definitely a number of sales being missed because of this. I want to change the wording from 'Realex', to simply 'Pay By Credit Card' in the payment method box on the Payment Information stage of the shopping cart. Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance,

John

• 1 year later...
Hi All,

this is probably a simple fix, but cant find anything on it. I need to change the wording on the payments page. I only have a realex payment option (3rd party credit card payment). However, it is proving confusing for customers. I have received a few phone calls wondering how can they pay if they dont have a 'Realex' credit card. The next page gives them the option to choose card type but there is definitely a number of sales being missed because of this. I want to change the wording from 'Realex', to simply 'Pay By Credit Card' in the payment method box on the Payment Information stage of the shopping cart. Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance,

John

Change the following line in /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/realex.php

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_REALEX_TEXT_TITLE', 'Credit/Laser Card');

That should do it, I'm testing it at the moment but it works fine on my test site.

Archived