• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Option Dependencies other than in PC builder?

beddo

Hi folks,

I've been digging around for a couple of days with various contributions and working through my list of what I need the shop to do.

One thing that I simply cannot find but keep thinking that surely it must have already been done is the ability to have the values of one option dependant on the selection from a previous option. All I can find is this which would need a lot of work to finish or the various PC builders which would need a lot of work to strip out all the unnecessary stuff and make it generic.

My situation is that I am doing a store for a bakery. One example is that a cake has various size options (small, medium, large etc). There is then a second option, to have it a fruit cake rather than and sponge cake. So far I am using the Product Attributes: Option Type contribution and the Attribute Sets contribution so the fruit option is simply a checkbox. I need the value that this check box applies to vary depending upon what size is selected.

There will be plenty of other dependencies as this isn't exactly a simple bakery!

Whilst I'm asking, oscommerce works around a stock pricipal..seen as stuff is made to order, anyone know of a contribution to effectively turn off all the stock options?

Ta.

• 8 months later...
Hi folks,

I've been digging around for a couple of days with various contributions and working through my list of what I need the shop to do.

One thing that I simply cannot find but keep thinking that surely it must have already been done is the ability to have the values of one option dependant on the selection from a previous option. All I can find is this which would need a lot of work to finish or the various PC builders which would need a lot of work to strip out all the unnecessary stuff and make it generic.

My situation is that I am doing a store for a bakery. One example is that a cake has various size options (small, medium, large etc). There is then a second option, to have it a fruit cake rather than and sponge cake. So far I am using the Product Attributes: Option Type contribution and the Attribute Sets contribution so the fruit option is simply a checkbox. I need the value that this check box applies to vary depending upon what size is selected.

There will be plenty of other dependencies as this isn't exactly a simple bakery!

Whilst I'm asking, oscommerce works around a stock pricipal..seen as stuff is made to order, anyone know of a contribution to effectively turn off all the stock options?

Ta.

Did you ever find a solution to this problem with the attributes? I am looking for a similar solution. I have a client who is selling transfers for shirts and she needs to have the visitor select the transfer (the product) and then choose which shirt and then which size and color to put the transfer on.

Thank you.

Keith Gallant