• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Fitness Equipment Store would like some feedback

rollersright

When visiting your site the first thing that I noticed was the abundence of information on your main page. I would try cutting back on this information and increasing font size. Second thing that I nocied was the excessive space below each category name. I would consider fixing this issue. I noticed that this page is missing http://www.centralfitness.co.uk/12month.php. Your product info pages are well organized. Overall you did a great job just too much info on the main page.

Andrew Yuen

osCommerce, Community Team

Excellent site. All of Andy's points are valid, and I'd fix those. Perhaps the front page can be improved with better organization. Enlarge and bolden category names to break up the look of a huge essay. But this is a great osc site. Great unique design, very professional looking, very trustworthy feeling. Not the typical cheap osc install that lacks any character. You could use an About Us page, but at least you went with the big strong phone #.

This is absolutely fantastic... well done!

I must say that the use of the styleseet along with the general layout of the header/logo (green contrast) is excellent. The logo is very simple to grasp and has the exact amount of info that customers need.

The only main down side I can see is the product info pages being too long. When you get to the bottom, there isn't anything in the column left. If that's the way you want it then you should be very pleased with the site - but for my liking the page does go on a bit because of the detailed product specifications.

The other thing to applaud you on is the main image on the product info page. It seems you have used the main large image as a 'background' image I have never seen anyone use the product info page in a such a way before.

Well done on your brilliantly laid-out site.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Archived