• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newbie Help Please

nyaquatic

Hi all.

I'm new here, so please bear with me.

I'm trying to finish up my site on my own (the person I had doing it for me seems to have flaked out).

I went into my index.php to change some front page text, and did something that knocked my site off.

www.nyaquatic.com

I edited the "why should you buy..." part. I must have inadvertently deleted some characters. The offending area is this:

define('TEXT_MAIN','<center>

' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'shipping.jpg') . '

</center><br><center><h3>This site is currently under construction. Please contact us via email to place an order. </h3></center>

Why should you buy from NYAquatic.com?

First of all, we are hobbiests just like you. We treat your fish the same way you do. Second, we focus on one thing, saltwater fish, and one thing only. We don't try to do everything. That's why we can be the best. Third, we have searched worldwide to find the best suppliers of saltwater fish. We are committed to bring you the healthiest livestock, at the best price anywhere!

If it's not good enough for our own tanks, we won't sell it to you. We promise.

');

Can anyone help me.....PLEASE

Thank you in advance.

Michael

Hi all.

I'm trying to finish up my site on my own (the person I had doing it for me seems to have flaked out).

I went into my index.php to change some front page text, and did something that knocked my site off.

www.nyaquatic.com

I edited the "why should you buy..." part. I must have inadvertently deleted some characters. The offending area is this:

</center><br><center><h3>This site is currently under construction. Please contact us via email to place an order. </h3></center>

First of all, we are hobbiests just like you. We treat your fish the same way you do. Second, we focus on one thing, saltwater fish, and one thing only. We don't try to do everything. That's why we can be the best. Third, we have searched worldwide to find the best suppliers of saltwater fish. We are committed to bring you the healthiest livestock, at the best price anywhere!

');

Thank you in advance.

Michael

Did you make those changes in includes/languages/english/index.php or simply catalog/index.php?

Hi all.

www.nyaquatic.com

');

Thank you in advance.

Michael

First thing you only edit text in the language.php so it would be includes/language/english/index.php.

Dam you beat me to it!

www.nyaquatic.com

Correct, includes/language/english/index.php

Can you put line 18 on here for us.

If this is line 18

define('TEXT_MAIN','<center>' .

tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'shipping.jpg') . '

Try this.

Can you put line 18 on here for us.

If this is line 18

define('TEXT_MAIN','<center>' .

tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'shipping.jpg') . '

Try this.

How do I know which is line 18?

Do blank lines count?

Michael

Here's the whole file:

<?php

/*

$Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:38:00 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

');

define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products For %s');

define('TABLE_HEADING_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', 'Upcoming Products');

define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_EXPECTED', 'Date Expected');

if ( ($category_depth == 'products') || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) ) {

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'What\'s In Stock!');

define('TABLE_HEADING_IMAGE', '');

define('TABLE_HEADING_MODEL', 'Model');

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'Product Name');

define('TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURER', 'Manufacturer');

define('TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY', 'Quantity');

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE', 'Price');

define('TABLE_HEADING_WEIGHT', 'Weight');

define('TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW', 'Buy Now');

define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS', 'There are no products to list in this category.');

define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS2', 'There is no product available from this manufacturer.');

define('TEXT_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS', 'Number of Products: ');

define('TEXT_SHOW', '<b>Show:</b>');

define('TEXT_BUY', 'Buy 1 \'');

define('TEXT_NOW', '\' now');

define('TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES', 'All Categories');

define('TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS', 'All Manufacturers');

} elseif ($category_depth == 'top') {

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'What\'s New Here?');

} elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') {

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Categories');

}

?>

If it's not good enough for our own tanks, we won\'t sell it to you. We promise.');

Try this below;

' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'shipping.jpg')

If it's not good enough for our own tanks, we won\'t sell it to you. We promise.');

First of all, we are hobbiests just like you. We treat your fish the same way you do. Second, we focus on one thing, saltwater fish, and one thing only. We don\'t try to do everything. That\'s why we can be the best. Third, we have searched worldwide to find the best suppliers of saltwater fish. We are committed to bring you the healthiest livestock, at the best price anywhere!

If it\'s not good enough for our own tanks, we won\'t sell it to you. We promise.');

There are quite a few \ in there!

Julie

Archived