• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Searched and no answer found. Can the conditons of use check button be removed?

Majk Threads

Ok I need to remove the conditions of use button on the checkout page. I cannot find a answer anywhere about this question.

On how I'm selling I don't need this button.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated I would be eternaly greatful.

God Bless,

Bryan

I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood. There is a contribution that adds a checkbox that must be checked befroe an order can be completed. I thought that was what you meant. But on re-reading, I think you mean the link in the information box. If that is the case, then open the includes/boxes/information.php file and delete this line

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a><br>' .

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Ok here is a pic of what I'm talking about. It's the condition of use check box at checkout.

oscheckoutjl7.jpg

See the box where it says I have read the conditions of use?

How do I remove that box. I want the order to just go through when they hit confirm order. I don't want them to have to check the box.

Not sure if there is a contribution for this because I'm so new I haven't even looked at how to do a contribution.

Thank you so much for your help. I know you hear it allot but you guys really help people like me get the best out of our sites.

Bryan

Hi Majk-

I don't have that line on my site, but look in *catalog*/checkout_confirmation.php there must be a line of code right above this line of code that can be commented out:

echo tep_image_submit('button_confirm_order.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONFIRM_ORDER) . '</form>' . "\n";

The line of code that I've listed is the Confirmation Button, your line must be right above this one.

If you are not comfortable editting your code, then post the code right around this line so someone can help.

Danny

If I'm giving advice, it is based on what path I would take to fix your problem. My path may be wrong.

Ok here is a pic of what I'm talking about. It's the condition of use check box at checkout.

oscheckoutjl7.jpg

See the box where it says I have read the conditions of use?

How do I remove that box. I want the order to just go through when they hit confirm order. I don't want them to have to check the box.

OK, so I was correct the first time. That is a contribution. To remove it, look at the install instructions for that contribution to figure out how to remove it. It's called Must Agree to Terms I think.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It's a bit difficult to uninstall it as (I believe) it's part of a 'loaded' version of osCommerce and not an add-on.

Vger

A "loaded" version is just a default install with a bunch of contributions pre-installed. Most people here asking questions have a bunch of contributions installed so most people asking questions here have a "loaded" version of some kind or another so what's the point.

Treasurer MFC

Thanks to all who replied to help me out.

Vger your wrong. Your saying that this is an add on so in no way is it supported by this forum? So you also saying that if you modify one line of code in osC that your version is no longer supported here? This was installed by my ISP as part of my hosting package. I've asked them and they stated they installed the basic oscommerce package available at that time.

This was installed in 2005 by my ISP. Hopefully I can find that line of code to get it removed. Fnny thing is I've see this box on several other sites listed here on the forum.

Thank you all for your help.

Bryan

OK, so I was correct the first time. That is a contribution. To remove it, look at the install instructions for that contribution to figure out how to remove it. It's called Must Agree to Terms I think.

Jack

Jack forgive me this will sound so newbie but where would I look for the contribution? I purchased the book osCommerce: Beginners Edition and it has really helped me learn to customize my site and give me the why I'm doing it. But it lightly touches on contributions and doesn't give me enough to know where to look and what to do.

I guess I didn't realize that this checkbox was an add on to my cart. My isp said it was the basic version. I've already let them know and they are trying to see if they can help but you guys are so much more knowledgeable.

Thank you so much for your help.

Bryan

Bryan - if your hosts installed this (as you say they did), and that feature came as part of the default installation, then it is a'loaded' version of osCommerce. The reason that 'loaded' versions are not supported here is that the people who help out on this forum can't possibly be expected to know what coding changes have been applied to all 'loaded' versions of osCommerce.

The coding of that feature as a 'contribution' added to osCommerce may be different to the coding used when it is part of a loaded version of osCommerce.

Vger

That makes sense Vger. But someone I would think has to know about this contribution? I mean I can't be the only one with it installed.

I'm just glad you guys could at least tell me that it was a contribution. I thought it was standard. Now the funny thing is I've seen allot of questions on here about altering the conditions of use page. I accidentally deleted that file. The link for the conditions of use is still on my home page. And when I click on the conditions and terms next to that box it gives me a error that the conditions page cannot be found because I deleted it accidentally.

What I don't understand is doesn't the standard install have the conditions of use link on the home page?

I've seen tons of posts about people asking how to change it. Isn't that the page that puts that check box at the checkout? I might be way off but I'm just trying to make sense of all this.

Thanks,

Bryan

Isn't that the page that puts that check box at the checkout?

No. That page exists in the default osCommerce, but it's only a page which people can view - at no point do they have to tick a box to agree to the terms during checkout.

There is an osCommerce contribution called 'Must Agree To Terms', but the coding of this may be entirely different to the coding used in the 'loaded' version of osCommerce that you're using - so following the install instructions for that contribution in reverse (uninstalling it) may screw up your whole site.

Vger

Archived