• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

database errors after 1 years of running flawlessly

zsero

I have a oscommerce shop for 1 year and we didn't have any problems, but last week the shop started producing errors like this:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '4' and p2c.categories_id = '173'

The category list on the left side works, just if I click on any category, something like the following text appears. Is this a serious problem, and can I backup the database somehow? I can browse the database using phpmyadmin, but I don't know what to look for.

Ask your hosting provider if they upgraded the server - the problem has been reported for versions of MySQL.

More info on the net:

similar issue

MySQL bug report & explanation

or just google for "1054 - Unknown column"

If you can't fix it, would help if you can post the actual PHP SQL query code so we can look at the syntax.

Oh hang on - have a look at the MySQL5 upgrade: oscommerce.com/ext/update-20051112.html#_Toc119473702

... but check what version of MySQL you are on first (you should see this under Tools -> Server Info).

all the best, Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Your hosting provider should have really told you - if they have any mailing lists / news update feed I'd recommend subscribing as installs of newer versions of PHP and MySQL can impact on osCom shops.

I'd also recommend to subscribe to the osCom announce thread in this forum - keeps you up-to-date with latest patches. Security fixes should always be applied asap.

all the best, Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

• 4 weeks later...

Its been working well since my last post, but now I discovered the image upload feature is gone too.

It says:

ERROR_FILE_NOT_SAVED

every time I try to upload a file.

Is it a PHP5 issue too? What can I do?

Its been working well since my last post, but now I discovered the image upload feature is gone too.

It says:

ERROR_FILE_NOT_SAVED

every time I try to upload a file.

Is it a PHP5 issue too? What can I do?

Have you already got all the changes from the last two updates?

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

What do you mean by last two updates?

I have osCommerce 2.2-MS2 installed with oscommerce.com/ext/update-20051112.html#_Toc119473702 fix.

Do you mean I should upgrade to a newer version? It's not that easy because my host is buggy and I have to modify some files not to get warnings after every installation. Is it possible just to install images bugfix?

Serverinfo says:

MySQL 5.0.24a-Debian_4

Apache/2.0.55 (Debian) PHP/4.4.4-1 mod_ssl/2.0.55 OpenSSL/0.9.8c

PHP: 4.4.4-1 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Archived