• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need Assistance, has this contribution been developed?

I sell videos and dvd's and offer discount on multiple purchases for three different groups. For example, one group of DVD's I sell 1 for $39.99, 2 for $60.00. Clearance VHS, 1 for $19.99, three for $50.00, etc. Is there a module that will assist me in this?

I've seen pecentage discount contributions, but none that apply to this.

THanks!

I sell videos and dvd's and offer discount on multiple purchases for three different groups. For example, one group of DVD's I sell 1 for $39.99, 2 for $60.00. Clearance VHS, 1 for $19.99, three for $50.00, etc. Is there a module that will assist me in this?
This is the umpteenth time you post this question and although I have seen it come by I hate to reply on this because I suspect the next thing you are going to post is the statement that you know nothing of PHP and... since what you want exactly hasn't been made yet.

Anyway, IMO you could use the Quantity Price Breaks Per Product. Now in the SPPC variant, version 1.02 there are instructions for doing a Price Break Per Category that can also be used for the "regular variant". It has a flaw that shouldn't be a problem if you change the contribution to what you need: a product can be in more than one category namely. Also there are two errors in it, the fixes can be found here and here.

The general idea is that you can assign the products that are to be counted together for a price break to their own category. In your case you don't use the "osC category" but your own, lets call it discount_category. Then whatever number of products in that category is in the cart is used to calculate the price break for a single product. So every single DVD in the group will have a price break at two items and the price will then be $30.00.

The change that you need to make is instead of using the products_to_categories table to assign products to a category is your own table that holds that information. For any other product that does not fall into a discount category the discount_category should be its products_id. If it doesn't get a unique discount category any other product that doesn't have one either will qualify for the price break too. Not what your clients needs I think.

Changing those queries will not be such a difficult change. However, now you need to change admin/categories.php to add the admin part to it: assigning products to a discount category and you will need an extra page for your client to be able to setup discount categories.

So IMO it can be done, but it will need work. Good luck.