• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easypopulate & Bulk Pricing

JonCloud

Hello all,

I think I posted something about this awhile ago and I got most of the answer I need. Today, I seek the rest.

I use easypopulate with great success, but I have one problem, and it is really an excel question, but I am hoping someone here can help because you should be able to understand my issue.

I have a big csv file from my supplier and it contains all of my relevant product info and pricing. As far as pricing, it has a "wholesale column", and a "list price column". I went ahead and made "my own pricing column" in which I applied a formula to the "wholesale column" and retrieved my pricing. Get it? Here comes my problem.

I then selected the data from "my own pricing column" and copied it. I then pasted it into my easypopulate file, but instead of pasting the actual prices, it pasted the formula, which is dependent on data in the next column. Still with me?

Ok, this doesnt work for obvious reasons. Does anyone know how I can achieve my goal of bulk pricing my products?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

JonCloud

Hello all,

I think I posted something about this awhile ago and I got most of the answer I need. Today, I seek the rest.

I use easypopulate with great success, but I have one problem, and it is really an excel question, but I am hoping someone here can help because you should be able to understand my issue.

I have a big csv file from my supplier and it contains all of my relevant product info and pricing. As far as pricing, it has a "wholesale column", and a "list price column". I went ahead and made "my own pricing column" in which I applied a formula to the "wholesale column" and retrieved my pricing. Get it? Here comes my problem.

I then selected the data from "my own pricing column" and copied it. I then pasted it into my easypopulate file, but instead of pasting the actual prices, it pasted the formula, which is dependent on data in the next column. Still with me?

Ok, this doesnt work for obvious reasons. Does anyone know how I can achieve my goal of bulk pricing my products?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

JonCloud

Hi Jon:

I am planning on (and trying to figure out) how to add the two prices you mentioned to my site as I want to sell both wholesale and retail. My problem is that I don't know where to find a contribution to display both prices. I can only find the one for displaying with/without VAT.

Can you let me know how you did it?

Thanks alot

Kelvin

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Jon:

I am planning on (and trying to figure out) how to add the two prices you mentioned to my site as I want to sell both wholesale and retail. My problem is that I don't know where to find a contribution to display both prices. I can only find the one for displaying with/without VAT.

Can you let me know how you did it?

Thanks alot

Kelvin

Search the contributions section. I am sure there is somthing for this, or at least somthing close. I am using OscMAX, which has a field for entering the wholesale price when you add a product. So it at least gets it in the database. Also, it has a contribution in it, I think it is "seperate price per customer", which allows you to have both wholesale and retail customers.

Hope that helps.

JonCloud