• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

With 23 contributions installed, I still need this...

knipper

Hey All...

I am looking for a contribution, and although there are some that are similar I am unable to find anything like this. (After 2+ hours searching contributions!) :blink:

I am sending an e-mail newsletter out, and want to be able to specify say 6 products with special pricing, only valid to those people who get the e-mail. There may be multiple ways to show a special price such as...

A special category where a customer must have a password to a specific directory (That the rest of the world can't see when browsing) which these 6 products show the special price for them. Of course, the same items in my "normal" category need to show the regular price. Without having to be logged in to an account as all customers who get my e-mail may not have created an account in osC.

OR...

The customer can put in a special code supplied in the e-mail on the product page when adding the item to the cart. The cart then shows the special price, and when the order is submitted the special price and code are shown.

I'm sure there may be other ways to do this, but these methods have worked for me in the past with other cart solutions.

Unfortunately I am good at installing the contibutions, I just couldn't make one if my life depended on it!

Any suggestions or contributions come to mind? Anyone willing to take on this challenge? :D

Steve K AKA - Knipper -

I'm not upto date with the contributions list but here's how I would do it;

Make a new section with a bland name "star items"

Copy all the items on discount on to the this section.

Issue a discount voucher to the based on buying "star items" and restricted to the customers you send the email the discount code to.

To anyone who didn't get the code the "star items" section will just look like a promo section.

Any of the discount contribs should be able to do that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

OSC user for years and no coder, so I've earned my stripes.

Feel free to private message me.

Hi Driftwood,

And thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately... thats too far off from what I am trying to accomplish. All of the discount contribs I've seen offer a percentage based discount, and I am looking to be able to set these items at a specific price, And only be available to those who get the newsletter.

HHmmmmm.... Any other suggestions?

Steve K AKA - Knipper -

Hi Driftwood,

And thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately... thats too far off from what I am trying to accomplish. All of the discount contribs I've seen offer a percentage based discount, and I am looking to be able to set these items at a specific price, And only be available to those who get the newsletter.

HHmmmmm.... Any other suggestions?

Wow...there are 2 of us needing the same thing. I was thinking, is there a way to be able to just password protect a category? We could setup a special category for the special priced items. Any ideas on how you could password protect just a part of the site? Could this possibly be done with .htaccess? Thanks for any info

• 4 weeks later...
Wow...there are 2 of us needing the same thing. I was thinking, is there a way to be able to just password protect a category? We could setup a special category for the special priced items. Any ideas on how you could password protect just a part of the site? Could this possibly be done with .htaccess? Thanks for any info

Hi,

I also need to add a password protected page (category) to my store. My store is for a martial arts company and the area required would be for instructors who can buy products in bulk and at discount. The password would be supplied directly to all instructors upon request. I have searched contributions but can't find anything.

Any ideas anyone? I think this would be a very useful add-on to osCommerce.

It looks like you should be able to use the SPPC contribution you can see here and some of the add ons for it, like this one. It seems that may be the only thing I may be able to use as well... although it doesn't do exactly what I'd like.

Good Luck. :thumbsup:

Edited by knipper

Steve K AKA - Knipper -