• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIB] UK Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping Methods

just installed this module, great work so Thanks!!!!

I set my prices around roymal online with few adjustments.

I would like to know if and how i can hide the "Delivery Weight : 3.9 Kg's " from customers.

I did find a line and i added // and it worked but look the whole text away , I want to keep (Insured upto £500.00, ships Nextday) but just hide weight.

Many Thanks

just installed this module, great work so Thanks!!!!

I set my prices around roymal online with few adjustments.

I would like to know if and how i can hide the "Delivery Weight : 3.9 Kg's " from customers.

I did find a line and i added // and it worked but look the whole text away , I want to keep (Insured upto £500.00, ships Nextday) but just hide weight.

Many Thanks

I think i sorted it, i deleted MODULE_SHIPPING_RMSPECIAL_TEXT_WAY . ' : ' . $shipping_weight . ' ' . MODULE_SHIPPING_RMSPECIAL_TEXT_UNITS . ' ' . i hope this wont affect any of the methods.

some one confirm that its ok to delete this please.

many thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Royal Mail 1st Class Standard

Delivery Weight : 1 Kg's (Ships normally within 1 to 3 days) £3.42

Royal Mail 2nd Class Standard

Delivery Weight : 1 Kg's (Ships normally within 3 to 5 days) £2.80

Parcelforce 48

Delivery Weight : 0 Kg's (Ships within 48 Hours) £15.99

Hopw come if i set somthing at 0kg in the admin panel add it to the checkout go to the checkout it comes up with this, that cant be right look at the price :S, an it says the weight is 1kg when it not (note i only instilled the 3 off these methoads)

• 2 weeks later...
This contribution is for UK Stores ONLY. What it will do is add several shipping zones to your Oscommerce store. If your customer is UK based, it will not show any of the International Shipping Options, and vice versa, if your customer is International it will not show any UK based shipping methods.

Shipping Methods Added:

(1) Royal Mail First Class Standard Post (upto 3.0Kg Limit anymore and a courier is recommended)

(2) Royal Mail Second Class Standard Post (upto 1.0Kg Limit)

(3) Royal Mail First Class Recorded Post (upto 3.0Kg and �32.00 Limit)

(4) Royal Mail Second Class Recorded Post (upto 1.0Kg and �32.00 Limit)

(5) Royal Mail Standard Parcels (upto 20.0Kg and �500) with additional insurance

(6) Parcel Force 48 (>3Kg Limit, any less Royal Mail is recommended)

(7) Citylink Next Day (>3Kg Limit, any less Royal Mail is recommended)

(8) Royal Mail International Signed for (European Prices for weights upto 2Kg)

(9) Royal Mail International Signed for (Zone 1 for weights upto 2Kg)

(10) Royal Mail International Signed for (Zone 2 for weights upto 2Kg)

INFORMATION

===========

All Royal Mails prices are for the new style (packets) pricing as of 21st August 2006, however common sense is needed, a 3.0Kg parcel sent by Royal Mail First class standard delivery would cost �10.69 using the new shipping prices, therefore it would make sense to post it by Royal Mail Standard Parcels, therefore we have placed limits on the lower end shipping methods. If a product goes over this limit, the shipping option will not be displayed.

IMPORTANT NOTES IMPORTANT NOTES IMPORTANT NOTES IMPORTANT NOTES IMPORTANT NOTES

=================================================================

IF YOU DECIDE TO INSTALL ONLY THE ROYAL MAIL MODULES AND NOT ANY OF THE COURIERS OR PARCEL FORCE MODULES, PLEASE OPEN THE ROYAL MAIL MODULES AND REMOVE THE LIMITS.

If you do not remove the limits and you have no other shipping modules installed, if someone buys something from you over �32.00, there will be no shipping option shown, hence your customer can checkout and pay �0.00 shipping.

To summarise, either install Royal Mail modules with a courier (Standard Parcels, Citylink or Parcelforce) or if you install the Royal Mail modules on their own, (RM 1st, RM 2nd, RM 1st REC or RM 2nd REC) edit the files to remove the limits.

INSTALLATION

==========

Only one file needs a change, for cosmetic reasons.

Step (1) Open catalog/checkout_shipping.php

-------------------------------------------

In checkout_confirmation, double brackets are shown and not required, so the below edit removes this.

[Find around Line 121 in catalog/checkout_shipping.php]

'title' => (($free_shipping == true) ? $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] : $quote[0]['module'] . ' (' . $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] . ')'),

[CHANGE TO]

'title' => (($free_shipping == true) ? $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] : $quote[0]['module'] . $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title']),

Step (2) Upload Shipping Modules

---------------------------------------

Each Shipping method has 3 files each, decide which shipping methods you want to install and upload the shipping file located in catalog/includes/modules/shipping/ and also its corresponding langauage file located in catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ also included is an image icon, upload this into your images directory. Now goto your OSC admin panel modules-->shipping and adjust anything to suit your needs.

NOTES

=====

The prices in these contribs are shown inc of VAT at 17.5%, each module has a handling charge for example if you want to charge for jiffy bags, labels invoice paper etc.

PRICES

======

The scripts are automatically loaded with the prices located from Royal Mails and Parcel Forces website, these values can be seen below. I am fully aware, that these prices will vary depending if you have SmartStamp or PPI accounts with Royal Mail etc. If your prices are different just update whichever string below, and copy it into the contribution via your OSC admin panel/modules/shipping.

The strings shown below are defined as follows for weights in KG's (If you require grammes adjust accordingly, 0.1Kg = 100g etc)

.1:1,.25:1.27,.5:1.7

What this means, is that for all items under 0.1Kg (100g) the cost of delivery is �1.00, then for all items more than 0.1Kg but less than 0.25Kg the price of shipping is �1.27. Notice there are no spaces and each price division is separated by a comma.

Royal Mail First Class Standard (Packet Prices):

.1:1,.25:1.27,.5:1.7,.75:2.2,1:2.7,1.25:4.74,1.5:5.59,1.75:6.44,2:7.29,2.25:8.14

,2.5:8.99,2.75:9.84,3:10.69

Royal Mail Second Class Standard (Packet Prices):

.1:.84,.25:1.09,.5:1.39,.75:1.77,1:2.12

Royal Mail First Class Recorded (Packet Prices):

.1:1.68,.25:1.95,.5:2.38,.75:2.88,1:3.38,1.25:5.42,1.5:6.27,1.75:7.12,2:7.97,2.2

5:8.82,2.5:9.67,2.75:10.52,3:11.37

Royal Mail Second Class Recorded (Packet Prices):

.1:1.52,.25:1.77,.5:2.07,.75:2.45,1:2.8

Royal Mail Standard Parcels:

1:3.85,1.5:4.95,2:5.31,4:7.7,6:8.74,8:9.97,10:10.7,20:12.46

Royal Mail Special Delivery:

Royal Mail has 3 levels of special delivery depending on cost of items, these being upto �500, �1000 or �2500. The three lists can be seen below, the module uses the last one of �2500, change as neccessary via your admin panel, just copy and paste.

.1:4.1,.5:4.5,1:5.7,2:7.4,10:18.5

.1:4.6,.5:5,1:6.2,2:7.9,10:19

.1:5.6,.5:6,1:7.2,2:8.9,10:20

Initial CityLink Nextday: (Amend prices to suit your account if applicable)

Taken from http://www.initialcitylink.co.uk/services/...ces_pricing.php where 10Kg is �11.60 then �0.50 per Kg afterwards

10:11.6,15:14.1,20:16.60,25:19.1,30:21.6,35:24.1,40:26.6,45:29.1,50:31.6,55:34.1

,60:36.6,65:39.1,70:41.6,75:44.1,80:46.6,100:56.6,125:69.1,150:81.6,200:106.6

Parcel Force 48:

10:14.25,15:18.25,20:22.25,25:26.25,30:30.25,40:38.25,50:46.25,100:86.50

SUPPORT

=======

To keep this contribution clean, can I ask any other mod writters, if they find any

problems to post back in the forum and if applicable I will add these changes to the

next update. By doing it this way, other users will not be confused on which version

to download etc.

Thank you.

Hi Stu

Forgive me, reading through these existing answers i'm very confused.

I'm new to php and oscommerce. I;ve got a fair part of my site done but more to do. The shipping instructions completely baffle me.

1) Firstly, how does oscommerce know the weight of a product? I have products showing on my site but haven't a clue about how much they weigh. How does oscommerce know this?

2) Also, in the admin panel, how do you differentiate between first class, second class, first class recorded post etc, etc?

3) I was hoping to use 'per item' postage, but all this does is add the same postage to each item, so it looks like I may have to go the table rate way.

4) I noticed this topic mentioned something about downloading the contribution. I'm not familiar with what contribution actually is (does this mean everyone's contribution to the topic?)?

I want to include postage both within the UK and abroad, and allow customers to select whichever postage they choose i.e. first class, second class, recorded etc, i'm completely baffled how to accomplish this. I have added weights into the table rate of the admin panel, but where does it show the different postage options?

I would really appreciate any help,

Thank you,

Jeff

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Does anyone use this contrib with paypal DD payments and Express Checkout? As I've used both on my clients site and when you select your postage - go to paypal - and come back, it's forgotten your postage selection.

Any ideas/anyone else had this problem? Thanks!

Lisa x

Hi,

Does anyone use this contrib with paypal DD payments and Express Checkout? As I've used both on my clients site and when you select your postage - go to paypal - and come back, it's forgotten your postage selection.

Any ideas/anyone else had this problem? Thanks!

Lisa x

Does any one have an answer to this issue?

I was about to install this contribution but this issue will probably block its use which is a shame as it answers all my needs.

Paul.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I'm having an issue with this.

I've set it up and installed the mod, but it will not show up in the checkout section.

I want to use only Parcelforce 48 (which is the only module enabled), and I have tried varying amounts of weight for the packages, but it just does not show in the checkout, even if it is enabled in the Admin.

All I see is a table saying:

'Shipping Method

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.'

No other options.

I'm thinking this is due to the ISO Country Code? It's currently set to GB, and the purchaser is set to United Kingdom in the address.

I've tested Flat Rate when set to United Kingdom in the Zone Info, and that works fine.

Am I doing something wrong here or not setting it up right?

Current configs (per language)

Currencies:

GBP (1.00000000)

Tax Zones:

United Kingdom -> United Kingdom (All Zones)

Tax Rates:

United Kingdom -> 17.5%, Zone (United Kingdom)

Languages:

English (default)

Configuration:

Country -> United Kingdom

Zone -> EMPTY (no options inside)

Shipping/Packaging:

Country of Origin -> United Kingdom

Postcode -> entered

Cheers :)

Hi I have just installed this contrib, just what I needed however when I come to try and use it I enable the module and when I go through the checkout I get the following error message at the bottom of the screen.

Error: Shipping Methods not configured

rmfirstrec (ignored)

Match Attax Outlet

The Premier Football Card Store

Hi I have just installed this contrib, just what I needed however when I come to try and use it I enable the module and when I go through the checkout I get the following error message at the bottom of the screen.

Error: Shipping Methods not configured

rmfirstrec (ignored)

I have fixed this, it was a conflict with Google Checkout :D

Match Attax Outlet

The Premier Football Card Store

HI

This is a brilliant contribution. However I use DHL as a courier rather than citylink or parcelforce. I require to change the text to read "DHL" instead of "Initial Citylink".

I have searched and searched but cannot find it. I have also searched the database.

If anyone can help it would be a great help

Regards

Garry

HI

This is a brilliant contribution. However I use DHL as a courier rather than citylink or parcelforce. I require to change the text to read "DHL" instead of "Initial Citylink".

I have searched and searched but cannot find it. I have also searched the database.

If anyone can help it would be a great help

Regards

Garry

It will be in the language files. Let's say the shipping method is called citylink.php

The language file is probably located at ..

catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/citylink.php

It will be in the language files. Let's say the shipping method is called citylink.php

The language file is probably located at ..

catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/citylink.php

Perfect. Thankyou very much. Must admit I did not look there.

Regards

Garry

Wonderful and much needed contribution. Thank you all involved for producing this.

One vital question. I have Free Shipping on my store for anything over X amount of pounds spent. How can I modify this contibution so that this free shipping only applies to certain postage methods but keep other postage methods, such as couriers as a payable option?

Thanks again!

Wonderful and much needed contribution. Thank you all involved for producing this.

One vital question. I have Free Shipping on my store for anything over X amount of pounds spent. How can I modify this contibution so that this free shipping only applies to certain postage methods but keep other postage methods, such as couriers as a payable option?

Thanks again!

Sorry to bump this but does anyone know the answer to this?

• 4 weeks later...
Resoleved the problem for now, the tare weight was set for 3kg, my mistake but still can not understand why some method were displayed despite limits - for example 2class 1kg limit -shown with 0.00 price where it should not be displayed at all. But now seems to work ok.

Thanks for great contribution

oldie but a goodie - this is a brilliant post! thanks!

CAZAM

• 1 month later...

I will look into the free post and see if I can modify the contrib. Just been a bit busy at work so have no time to play around, but due for a few days off, so will have a look then.

• 4 weeks later...

I am attempting to duplicate Airmail to create an Airmail Signed For module. I think I am close but not quite there. Can anyone spot the deliberate mistake/omission?

In languages/.../shipping I copied airmail.php to airsig.php

I replaced all MODULE_SHIPPING_AIRMAIL_xxxxxx with MODULE_SHIPPING_AIRSIG_xxxxx

In includes/.../shipping I copied airmail.php to airsig.php

I did the same find/replace as in the language file.

I also changed

class airmail {
var $code, $title, $description, $enabled, $num_zones;

// class constructor
function airmail() {

To

class airsig {
var $code, $title, $description, $enabled, $num_zones;

// class constructor
function airsig() {

I now see the module in Admin but when I click on Install it does nothing. EVEN WORSE - it uninstalls the Airmail I had previously set up!

Fortunately I am testing in a sandbox and not the live shop.

Suggestions anyone?

• 2 months later...

Any body actually got this working with GoogleCheckout?

I can get the shipping methods up but the price always seems to default to whatever I have set in the GoogleCheckout admin, when I check the integration issues on GC I can see a HTTP 500 error for responsehandler.php but everything else works correctly, i.e the orders are being transferred to the OSC admin?

Any ideas?

We are using PHP5 with IIS6 so .htaccess does not work with IIS, I think this may be part of the problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am so pleased I found this conribution, it saved loads of work!

Have only installed Airmail at present, and have customised it slightly, changing the wording for 'Airmail' without 'International signed for' also changed delivery times and obviously updated all the price and weight codes.

I cannot however, find where to lift the limits.

My stock is in grams, so have changed the weight from kg's. I have listed all prices up to 2000 in 20 gram incements as per Royal Mail tarif, but now I just realised they are not al listed in the module, it only goes up to 660, then cuts off! is there a string limit here?

please can someone explain where I can change the limits, or do I have to maybe use biger increments

many thanks

Jimmy

Hi, I have installed all the postal options I need but I cannot install Royal Mail First Standard for some reason.

All others work, ie first recorded, second, second recorded ,arimail etc but not First Standard!

I see it in the Modules, Shipping options but when I click the button to install, it just keeps showing as 'INSTALL' and doesnt allow me to edit it.

many thanks

Jimmy