• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

(COD) Cash On Delivery Hack / Mod

markgale1

Hi

Is anyone able to help out with a modification to the COD payment module?

Situation, we currently are using PROTX FORM payment module which takes card details off the site, although it works about 90% of the time, the remaining 10% of customers are not getting order numbers generated, and the orders remain in the basket as they get a failure when PROTX return to our site. PROTX do however take the money, and on most occasions take the money loads of times as customers believe the payment has failed.

Currently to get around this we have duplicated the COD module changing it to allow us to by pass entering card details again to complete an order. We do this manually in the office on an order by order status when we notice the payments stuck in limbo. At the moment we disable the "COD/bypass payment module" until we need to complete an order, at this point we put the payment module live allowing all customer to choose this option as a payment method which is obviously not good.

Ideally I would like to see an array of IP numbers to check against to see if the COD/bypass payment module should be displayed.

I have played around trying to combine the BAN IP module with the COD module to make this new module but have not had any success. I'd appreciate any help you may be able to offer.

Thank you.

Hi

Is anyone able to help out with a modification to the COD payment module?

Situation, we currently are using PROTX FORM payment module which takes card details off the site, although it works about 90% of the time, the remaining 10% of customers are not getting order numbers generated, and the orders remain in the basket as they get a failure when PROTX return to our site. PROTX do however take the money, and on most occasions take the money loads of times as customers believe the payment has failed.

Currently to get around this we have duplicated the COD module changing it to allow us to by pass entering card details again to complete an order. We do this manually in the office on an order by order status when we notice the payments stuck in limbo. At the moment we disable the "COD/bypass payment module" until we need to complete an order, at this point we put the payment module live allowing all customer to choose this option as a payment method which is obviously not good.

Ideally I would like to see an array of IP numbers to check against to see if the COD/bypass payment module should be displayed.

I have played around trying to combine the BAN IP module with the COD module to make this new module but have not had any success. I'd appreciate any help you may be able to offer.

Thank you.

in the module after:

if ($check_flag == false) {

$this->enabled = false;

}

you add:

$allowed_ip = array(

'111.111.111.111',

'222.222.222.222'

);

if (!in_array(tep_get_ip_address(), $allowed_ip)) $this->enabled = false;

or do it on customer id

Treasurer MFC

Hi Amanda

I appreciate your help, but your code still offers the hidden module to all users.

I have added it to includes/modules/payment/paymentbypass.php just under the

if ($check_flag == false) {
$this->enabled = false;
}

If I leave your dummy IP values in I can still see the module when processing a sale.

What have I done wrong?

Thank you again.