• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

Hi Jack

I have just installed this add on, this is my first install of an add on, where i get to step 6:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 6: Go to admin->Sitemonitor->Admin and click the top button. A message should

be displayed saying that the file was ran for the first time. Then click

on the second or third button to actually run a test. A "No mismatches found"

message should be displayed. If not, something is wrong with the installation.

I go to click on the configure the page appears blank and cannot click anything.

When I go to Admin it shows the message above ok.

I have renamed my admin folder.

Do you know what I am doing wrong? Please help.

Thanks

I go to click on the configure the page appears blank and cannot click anything.

When I go to Admin it shows the message above ok.

I have renamed my admin folder.

So you can see the contents of SiteMonitor->Admin but not of SiteMoniotr->Configure? It is either due to a mistake in the installation or, I suppose, the sitemonitor_configure file is causing some problem. You could try uploading that file again to see if that clears the problem.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

So you can see the contents of SiteMonitor->Admin but not of SiteMoniotr->Configure? It is either due to a mistake in the installation or, I suppose, the sitemonitor_configure file is causing some problem. You could try uploading that file again to see if that clears the problem.

Hi,

I can see the contents of the sitemonitor but not the configure page. I tried uploading it again and it is still blank.

I installed all the files in the admin folder to my admin and added the includes files in the various folders. Went into the other files and added the code. I realy don't know what I have done wrong.

I can see the contents of the sitemonitor but not the configure page. I tried uploading it again and it is still blank.

The Sitemonitor section has two sub-sections: Admin and Configure, so the above statement doesn't make any sense to me.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

The Sitemonitor section has two sub-sections: Admin and Configure, so the above statement doesn't make any sense to me.

When I log into admin at the bottom there is a link to site monitor which gives you two options one admin and the other configure. When I click on configure the page appears blank. When you click on admin it brings up the options to update.

When I log into admin at the bottom there is a link to site monitor which gives you two options one admin and the other configure. When I click on configure the page appears blank. When you click on admin it brings up the options to update.

OK. Then you have either made a mistake in the installation or there is some error that is not being seen. Try the following:

- Some hosts have error reporting turned off or not visible. Check for a file named error_log in your admin directory. If it exists, then look at the last few lines for errors relating to SiteMonitor.

- Try going directly to the page: https://www.your_domain.com/admin/sitemonitor_configure_setup.php.

- Try deleting or renaming the admin/sitemonitor_configure.php file and see what happens when you visit the configure section.

If none of the above get you anywhere and you are sure it is installed correctly, then ask your host to look at it. They most likely won't want to do it but just tell them all you want to know is if an error is occurring when that section is visited.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

OK. Then you have either made a mistake in the installation or there is some error that is not being seen. Try the following:

- Some hosts have error reporting turned off or not visible. Check for a file named error_log in your admin directory. If it exists, then look at the last few lines for errors relating to SiteMonitor.

- Try going directly to the page: https://www.your_domain.com/admin/sitemonitor_configure_setup.php.

- Try deleting or renaming the admin/sitemonitor_configure.php file and see what happens when you visit the configure section.

If none of the above get you anywhere and you are sure it is installed correctly, then ask your host to look at it. They most likely won't want to do it but just tell them all you want to know is if an error is occurring when that section is visited.

Hi Jack, Sorry still can't get it working. Can I check a few things?

Can you check that I am following this correctly?

Step one copy all files from the admin folder to my admin. Then copy the includes folder from your admin folder to my folder.

Step two change the code in english.php found under admin/includes, change filenames.php and column left.

Step 3 go to sitemonitor>admin>configure

I went to the url and checked to see if I could find the set up page but it appears as a white page just. When I renamed the configure page google came up saying couldn't find this page.

I have spoken to my host company and everything is working ok. Unless I have done something wrong sorry.

Can you check that I am following this correctly?

That looks correct. It could be that you have a large number of directories in the root and the script is timing out before it can load. A timeout message should appear but if your host has that turned off it won't. To see if that is the problem, write down all of the directories in the root of your shop. Then open the admin/sitemonitor_configure.php file and find this line

$excludeList = array("admin/quarantine", "cgi-bin","admin");

Then add the list of directories you have to it following the "", pattern. So if you have a directory named ABC, the line would become

$excludeList = array("admin/quarantine", "cgi-bin","admin","ABC");

Save and upload the file and try going to the configure section again.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That looks correct. It could be that you have a large number of directories in the root and the script is timing out before it can load. A timeout message should appear but if your host has that turned off it won't. To see if that is the problem, write down all of the directories in the root of your shop. Then open the admin/sitemonitor_configure.php file and find this line

Then add the list of directories you have to it following the "", pattern. So if you have a directory named ABC, the line would become

I'm having the same problem, i tried this way also but it's still not working. Actually i don't get a blank page but i get an error page

"Gateway Time-out

The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application."

Any other clue?

"Gateway Time-out

The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application."

Any other clue?

Assuming it only fails that way when SiteMonitor is ran, it's the same reason. You have to be sure to enter all of the directories (or a good portion of them) as described.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Assuming it only fails that way when SiteMonitor is ran, it's the same reason. You have to be sure to enter all of the directories (or a good portion of them) as described.

Yes i did, i tried twice, with a good part and with all of them.

What if i don't use the configuration page and i put all data directly in php file, do you think it will work anyway?

Ok thanks Jack I will give it a go and I'll let you know what happens. Thanks

Yes i did, i tried twice, with a good part and with all of them.

What if i don't use the configuration page and i put all data directly in php file, do you think it will work anyway?

That's what i suggested.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/n8tdbsl6/public_html/yunbzrcpfc/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 162

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/n8tdbsl6/public_html/yunbzrcpfc/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 164
Reference file creation failed. 

Any idea how to fix this error? It appears on top of the page after I try to Delete Reference File or Execute Sitemonitor

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/n8tdbsl6/public_html/yunbzrcpfc/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 162

Any idea how to fix this error? It appears on top of the page after I try to Delete Reference File or Execute Sitemonitor

Try using your actual username.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/n8tdbsl6/public_html/yunbzrcpfc/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 164
Reference file creation failed. 

In your sitemonitor_configure.php you put as folder of you root -> /home/username/public_html

Your actual folder is instead -> /home/n8tdbsl6/public_html

I hope this can help.

Edited by fozzo

Thanks, do you know what file I need to modify?

From the instructions

Step 5: Go to admin->Sitemonitor->Configure, setup the various settings and

click Update.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Finally it seems to work, thanks for your help. Just one question: It does send 5 mails each time i run the script manually, is that normal?

No, there should only be one email. Others have mentioned receiving two emails but no one has recevied five before, that I know of. But even the two is not correct and never occurs for me when I install it so either the servers I install it on are different than the others somehow or some mistake is being made in the installation, though I can't imagine what that might be.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No, there should only be one email. Others have mentioned receiving two emails but no one has recevied five before, that I know of. But even the two is not correct and never occurs for me when I install it so either the servers I install it on are different than the others somehow or some mistake is being made in the installation, though I can't imagine what that might be.

Now it only send one mail, very strange it only sent 5 mail each time i manually started on first three runs.

I'm experiencing another problem now. If i activate the quarantine:

$quarantine = 1; //set to 1 to move new files found to the quarantine directory

and i place a new file to check if it work and move the file to the quarantine folder i get this error

Found a new file named XXXX/zzz.php

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_not_null() in /web/htdocs/XXXX/XXXXX/XXXXX/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 150

Now it only send one mail, very strange it only sent 5 mail each time i manually started on first three runs.

I'm experiencing another problem now. If i activate the quarantine:

$quarantine = 1; //set to 1 to move new files found to the quarantine directory

and i place a new file to check if it work and move the file to the quarantine folder i get this error

It just occurred to me to mention a point to keep in mind about the emails, for anyone having the multiple email problem, is that if you have SiteMonitor setup and you run the "Delete Reference File" section (top update button), two emails will be sent because it sends a current update and a new one, in case something has been changed since the last run. This is normal. Maybe it is the "problem" some are experiencing?

The tep_not_null function is a stock function and your shop wouldn't work without it. There is probably some path issue causing it not to be seen but I've no idea why it would just fail for that one option since the same code is used elsewhere in the script.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

In your sitemonitor_configure.php you put as folder of you root -> /home/username/public_html

Your actual folder is instead -> /home/n8tdbsl6/public_html

I hope this can help.

Jack, I am having a similar issue but apparently with permissions.

Warning: opendir(/document/root/directory/path/myusername/public_html//store/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied 

The "/store/" is actually there and confuses me a bit but in configuration the root is correct, the above modified for example purposes. To verify, my host control panel gives me the correct document root, which is what comes up by default in the configure page of Site Montitor

This glitch occurs on one of my two stores, both on the same server run with two separate accounts. The current problem store is with a ssl certificate. The non problem store has no certificate if that matters, I am just mentioning it.

Suggestions?

Thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.