• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

I get this error just when running the cron job of just the sitemonitor.php file:

Content-type: text/html

No input file specified.

Got host on phone, they seemed to think it may have something to do with the php version, which I don't understand as sitemonitor_hacker_cron.php sends a cron job report and a file check report, just like it should. This tells me, I think that all the settings in admin-> configure must be correct, or either would not execute? I get inconsistent manual execution of sitemonitor.php when done from admin->admin and an emailed report when it does execute. overwrote sitemonitor.php from the install files.

Timmy C

It sounds like the path for the cron job is not correct. You can verify that by looking in admin->Modules. The path is listed on the page (just the basic path - the modules part). Your host can run the cron job on their end to verify it is working, though not all hosts will go that far with support.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

See if you can get any cron job working, then if you can move on trying to get site monitor to run correctly everyting when run manually.

Sometimes you have to play around with file permissions.

Then when they both work move on to SM and cron.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

@@geoffreywalton... Geoff, been there, tried all the tricks you mentioned, I think they are outlined a few messages up... It's a bugger, I may have Jack work his magic when my frustration level gets to where the people around me fear life and limb!!! The real stickler is that even running a manual execute, is not consistant. It's kinda like If this gets figured-out, might shed light on why order & extra order emails act the same way!

Cheers,

Timmy C

• 1 month later...

I just setup this contribution. When I click "Update" in the configuration control, a pink warning bar appears at the top. It doesn't say any thing. I tried ignoring it and going on to Admin and click the top button (delete reference file) and receive this error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/essent8/public_html/backoffice/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 654

So, I went back and deleted it manually. Then, another pink warning bar appeared that said the sitemonitor_reference file can not be written to. That's because it was deleted, right?

I ignored it and went on to the second button with no problems.

The third button only listed four files even after five minutes.

The last button listed this: Checked 685 directories containing a total of 2984 files. Skipped 2906 files. 384 suspected hacked files found.

Lots of template and admin files were listed, along with sitemapProducts.xml

Did I do something wrong? Did I not wait long enough for the manual execution? Do I run it again? What do I do with this list of possible hacked files?

Edited by dhooper

Diana

It's not possible for the code to know if they are actually hacker files. You have to look at them to determine that. If you don't know what to look for, most shop owners won't, then keep a good set of files on your computer that you can compare against. Hackers will general add their code at the beginning or end of a file since that is the only way they can be sure their code won't fall within a condition statement so you can use the displayed line numbers as a hint too.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Jack_mcs I checked the red files (the others had green check marks and the note said that these were unlikely to have been hacked) and the files look good. Once I check the files, do I need to add them to the exclude list or do I simply ignore this list after checking?

Diana

Unlikely doesn't mean they weren't hacked. Adding them to the exclude list means you won't see them the next time you run the script so that should save you some work. This is a tool that helps you check suspected files. If the other parts of SiteMonitor are working correctly, any changed file in the hacker test will show up in the daily email. Then you will know for sure something is going on.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Jack,

thanks you for such a useful contribution.

After setting up I got some trouble with the file permissions of 2 files: admin/sitemonitor_configure_0.txt and admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php.

Setting them to 0644 and all works like a charm. So far so good.

If I am returning to SiteMonitor (adminside) say a few minutes later and select one of he both menupoints, its giving me a permission error. Checking with ftp shows, permissions of both above mentioned files had been set to 0200 which is real disturbing.

As soon as I reset them manually back to 0644 all turns good again. I got no idea why and where the permissions are being set. Could you please give a hint?

Kind Regards,

heranke

Recommended SEO Addons:

Most Important: Header Tags SEO - Ultimate SEO V 2.2d

Recommended Addons:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection - Contribution 3294

I have setup my hacker monitor cron job and receiving emails correctly. Problem is the excluded list of files I manually added via the hacker admin panel are not being utilized for the hacker cron job. Does that make sense? Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

hello, good morning

My problem is that two days ago that you can not enter the site, I made no changes to it. He installed SiteMonitor long time and had no problem. All you've done is been put data into the database, products etc ... that sends error is as follows;

502 Bad Gateway

The server returned an invalid or incomplete response.

SiteMonitor and puts up the following;

Warning: file_get_contents(/home/www/dominio.com//includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite/usu_cache.db-journal) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/www/dominio.com/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 213

Do not know if it's important, but the web is in several languages​​, Swedish, Russian etc .... Pardon my language, do not speak well. I am also not a programmer or anything, I'm just a housewife, looking for work. I would appreciate the help. regardsConsuelo

Since you can't do anything else with the site, it isn't a problem with SiteMonitor. You need to ask your host to look at the problem. If you haven't changed anything on the site then they may have made a change that is causing it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

When you click update, SiteMonitor is trying to save the configure file. That error is saying the server won't let you do that. You'll need to ask your host to make the needed changed to allow that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 5 weeks later...

According to http://filext @ com/file-extension/SEM, it is a file used by a design company. If you don't need it for your site, it should be deleted. If possible, out of curiosity, you could copy/rename some common file, like privacy.php, to privacy.sem to see if it is the filetype that is causing a failure.

Jack, just an FYI I think I narrowed down the ".sem" file cause. In another shop I am working on I just added a php.ini in the admin folder to increase execution time so sitemonitor doesn't time out on me. Right after I installed that file, the sem file shows in the sitemonitor results. Looks something like this: myadminfoldername/session_mm_cgi-fcgi503.sem Other than showing up everytime when site monitor is run by cron or directly no big deal just a minor annoyance. Thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

It may show up when SiteMonitor is ran but it isn't caused by SiteMonitor, except maybe that SiteMonitor accesses some code that causes it to be created. I found this thread that sounds like it explains the cause: http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-custom-php-ini/

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

. I found this thread that sounds like it explains the cause: http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-custom-php-ini/

Yes, that thread sheds light on the subject. My take is that when I do anything in the admin side this file is generated and then shown any other new or changed file would be by site monitor. It was a bit befuddling at first but I'll just live with it showing up in site monitor results. Thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

If the name of the file is the same, then you could add it to the exclude list in the code. But it doesn't sound like its the same so that probably won't work.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

Hi Jack,

just having a little trouble getting this to work. I've read this thread and seen that others have had this same issue, but I can't see how anyone has fixed it. As far as I can tell I've installed correcetly but I'm getting this error:

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/**myusername**/public_html/**mydirectory**/catalog/**myadmin**/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 364
Reference file creation failed!

Thanks a lot

If you get that when you first start, it's normal. If you click it after clicking on the first update button, it's a server issue. If you get it by clicking on the second update button without first clicking on the first (for first time use), then you are using it wrong.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

This is what is happening:

I go to the configure page, set my options and press "update". When I do that I get the red error bar across the top but it is empty, there is no error there.

Then I go to admin and press the first button. This is when I get the error I posted in the message above.

When I go back to configure, all the options are back to default, anything I changed has gone.

If it is "a server issue", do you know what I might need to do to fix it?

Thanks

If you get that when you first start, it's normal. If you click it after clicking on the first update button, it's a server issue. If you get it by clicking on the second update button without first clicking on the first (for first time use), then you are using it wrong.

The configure section is the main problem. Until it is setup correctly, the admin section probably won't work right. You should just be getting a red bar. If it is failing the update, which it sounds like it is, there should be text in that failure. But my guess is that the error would be that the configure file couldn't be written to. If you look at the error log in admin it might indicate the failure. Usually when this happens it is because the server is setup to not allow writing to the files or maybe the ownership of the files is not correct. You would need to ask your host to look at that. Though it would be easier for them if you were able to show the failure so I suggest looking at the error log first. You may have to look at the servers error log to see it. That may be visible in your control panel. If not, you would need to ask your host to check it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack. I think I have fixed the problem.

I manually opened sitemonitor_configure_0.txt through FTP and changed:

$start_dir = '/home/username/public_html'; //your shops root

TO:

$start_dir = '/home/MY_REAL_USERNAME/public_html'; //your shops root

And now everything seems to be working correctly.

Thanks