• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

Hi, I am unable to upload the sitemonitor_functions.php file. Everything else were uploaded fine, but not this one. Does anyone else has the same problem? Called my host and they said the file may be corrupt. Tried creating a new file and copied content over; no use. Please help!

Hi, I am unable to upload the sitemonitor_functions.php file. Everything else were uploaded fine, but not this one. Does anyone else has the same problem? Called my host and they said the file may be corrupt. Tried creating a new file and copied content over; no use. Please help!

No, there's nothing in the contribution that would cause the upload to fail. Your server software may be detecting it as a virus or the functions directory may be protected from such changes. Either way, this is a server issue. I suggest you send the file to your host and ask them to try uploading it,

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 months later...

Can anyone help with a script problem?

I have set up cron jobs to run sitemonitor.php (permisiions set to 744) for each domain daily. The report is emailed to me. Today the reports contained a list of files as below.

Found a new file named shop/admin/fckeditor/editor/css/index.php
Found a new file named shop/admin/includes/boxes/index.php
Found a new file named shop/admin/includes/local/index.php
Found a new file named shop/googlesitemap/Google-XML-Sitemap-Feed/index.php
Found a new file named shop/googlesitemap/media/index.php
Found a new file named shop/images/default/index.php
Found a new file named shop/images/infobox/index.php
Found a new file named shop/includes/local/index.php

This was going to take a while to delete manually using FileZilla so I decided to write a script as follows.

rm /home/www/<mydomain>/shop/admin/includes/boxes/index.php
rm /home/www/<mydomain>/shop/admin/includes/functions/index.php
rm /home/www/<mydomain>/shop/admin/includes/languages/english/modules/index.php
rm /home/www/<mydomain>/shop/admin/sitemonitor_log_022_12_2012.txt
rm /home/www/<mydomain>/shop/admin/sitemonitor_log_023_12_2012.txt
rm /home/www/<mydomain>/shop/admin/sitemonitor_log_024_12_2012.txt
rm /home/www/<mydomain>/shop/admin/sitemonitor_log_025_12_2012.txt
rm /home/www/<mydomain>/shop/admin/sitemonitor_log_026_12_2012.txt
rm /home/www/<mydomain>/shop/admin/sitemonitor_log_027_12_2012.txt
rm /home/www/<mydomain>/shop/Images/Seed and Bugle/Mixed/index.php
rm /home/www/<mydomain>/shop/webim/js/source/index.php

Unfortunately each line returned an error as follows

rm: cannot remove `/home/www/<mydomain>/shop/admin/fckeditor/editor/_source/internals/index.php\r': No such file or directory

I had used ConTEXT as the editor which has never caused issues before yet running the script appears to have appended \r to each line. I viewed it in vi and could see no odd characters so believe it is 'clean'.

Any ideas?

have installed this on 2.3.1

i get to the configure page and click update,

its then given me a 'No access permitted to this document'

and seems to have crashed/ barred me not only from the site but the server also. cant even access via ftp to reverse this contribution.

any ideas on this ? help please :(

Edited by benny2012

This was going to take a while to delete manually using FileZilla so I decided to write a script as follows.

rm: cannot remove `/home/www/<mydomain>/shop/admin/fckeditor/editor/_source/internals/index.php\r': No such file or directory

Any ideas?

The error is saying it can't find the location. The code you mention doesn't list that location so I'm guessing there is more than what you showed. You should check that location on the server to be sure it actually exists. But the easier way to remove the files is to run the hacker test, find those files and check the delete box. When you click on update they will all be removed.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

have installed this on 2.3.1

i get to the configure page and click update,

its then given me a 'No access permitted to this document'

and seems to have crashed/ barred me not only from the site but the server also. cant even access via ftp to reverse this contribution.

any ideas on this ? help please :(

I can't imagine how it would crash the site since it only affects files in admin and the database isn't touched. My guess is that the server or some other addon you have installed has blocked you or your browsers cache is hung-up. Try opening the site in another browser and see if that helps. As for the original problem, it may be that the settings on the server won't allow changes that SiteMonitor is trying to make. Many hosts will adjust that if you ask them though. So I suggest getting your site working again and then if the problem with SiteMonitor still exists, contact your host to have them look at it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

well the contribution was deemed a php injection atack by my host/server.

had to remove the rule, just to gain access.

even with the rule turned off. it still gives me no permission message as above.

iv checked permissions on the file and it ok, so no idea why i cant update the config

iv uninstalled it for now until some answers :) many thanks in advance

Edited by benny2012

even with the rule turned off. it still gives me no permission message as above.

iv checked permissions on the file and it ok, so no idea why i cant update the config

iv uninstalled it for now until some answers :) many thanks in advance

the above is after i contacted host, they turned off a few things, so i could install thsi or try to update the config, but as above it still gives me access denied

@@Jack_mcs

It's a hosting problem. They need to adjust the settings so the files can be written to. deleted and added.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There's noting in the code that would cause that, that I can think of. It has happened before and it always turns out to be the server settings. You need to have your host look at the actual problem. That is, have them go to admin and click on the button that is causing the problem. They are the only ones that can do anything about it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 months later...

Hello to all,

From installation file:

"Step 6: Go to admin->Sitemonitor->Admin and click the top button. A message should

be displayed saying that the file was ran for the first time. Then click

on the second or third button to actually run a test. A "No mismatches found"

message should be displayed. If not, something is wrong with the installation."

I am working from File manager.How to complete this step?I am going at admin/sitemonitor_admin.php,but where is the button from the top which launch it for the first time?I am locked here.

Proposal for moderators: It would be greater for OScommerce product, if this forum can have a video section and see there how to fully install all the software, especially security add ons.

I tried 2 years ago to create an oscommerce, but I failed. Now I come back more insistent. :)

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by alexman

I am working from File manager.How to complete this step?I am going at admin/sitemonitor_admin.php,but where is the button from the top which launch it for the first time?I am locked here.

There are four buttons on SiteMonitors admin page. If you are not seeing them, then you can't be on that page. Check the url and make sure that is the page you are on.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi.

I know that I've done something wrong, but after an upgrade from version 1.2 (I think) to teh latest 3.2, I now don't have an option on the left colum called SiteMonitor.

I presume that it's all down to the file in admin/include/boxes/

I had a look at this, to my eye it looks like it's missing something.

<?php
/*
 $Id: sitemonitor.php,v 1.00 2006/09/24 by Jack_mcs
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com
 Copyright (c) 2010 osCommerce
 Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
 $cl_box_groups[] = array(
   'heading' => BOX_HEADING_SITEMONITOR,
   'apps' => array(
  array(
    'code' => FILENAME_SITEMONITOR_ADMIN,
    'title' => BOX_SITEMONITOR_ADMIN,
    'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_SITEMONITOR_ADMIN)
  ),
  array(
    'code' => FILENAME_SITEMONITOR_CONFIG_SETUP,
    'title' => BOX_SITEMONITOR_CONFIG_SETUP,
    'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_SITEMONITOR_CONFIG_SETUP)
  )
   )
 );
?>

If that's right, then there's something else wrong. Any ideas?

That's a huge jump and many things were changed between the two versions so my guess is that you didn't upload all of the new files or made some mistake in the changes. I suggest you run through the installation again with the thought that it is a new installation.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Doh.

I copied the files from the wrong folder.

I'd upgraded my shops from old versions and spent about a week upgrading them manually to what I thought was 2.3, but it's not quite. That was some time ago.

The files from oscommerce_MS2_or_RC2 seem to work loads better.

Sorry about that.

:-

• 4 weeks later...

What is the proper way to remove, disable, and uninstall SiteMonitor?

I'm getting an error when someone clicks on the link in their email during a password reset and I want to see if SiteMonitor is striping the "@" (%40) out of the email address in the URL. Error: The E-Mail Address was not found in our records, please try again.

Edited by jrossh21

Nevermind. Apparently I had Security Pro installed. I didn't realize it until I did some digging in my file structure. I wish they would make an admin page for it - even if it's a page that says "Yep, it's installed". After I replaced the older file with the new one, everything is good now.

• 2 weeks later...

@@Jack_mcs

Jack... Finished install of add-on, 2.3.1 shop. Was expecting to see admin site displaying SiteMonitor under the Configuration options, can't seem to find him. Checked my work to ensure proper install, seems correct. I have renamed my admin folder, is there something I need to change in the coding because of the admin folder rename. I was surprised I didn't have to do something with the sql?

Thanks again for your dedication!

Timmy C

It doesn't use the database so you won't see anything in the condifuration section. Just click into the SiteMonitor section.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Jack_mcs Jack... Set-up SiteMonitor on Tuesday, looked for the cron job email Wednesday morning, nothing there. Tried working with admin/ configure, then executing update in admin/admin. No problem getting the hacker check, but doing any kind of manual update on the 2nd or 3rd buttons, returns varied results. Will get can't write to sitemonitor_log file, can't write to reference_log file, tried deleting reference file too. Sometimes I get an update and an email is sent through, email is in mailbox, so that part is happy, it is the erratic update that is baffling. In the admin/configure I left settings as they were went first opening, changing just the email addresses. log file directory has just sitemonitor_logs. if I try and add any more path to it sez can not be found, so I assume it was right from the start. My admin was renamed before installing, does that cause issues? The only other change I tried in admin/configure, was adding the full web address to the adim directory box, once update is done, the box clears out.

Any clues?

Timmy C

Some servers don't have the files setup to allow writing to them so you will need to ask your host to look at the "can't write to reference_log file" error. Once that is fixed, the others may go away.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Jack_mcs Jack... Got to where I have sitemonitor working from the admin console properly. Deleted the .txt files and replaced from the install package. As for the cron job side, have the hackers file working just as you engineered, problem is with the sitemonitor.php side.

Keep getting an email reply after cron attempts to run:

Content-type: text/html

No input file specified.

Figured has to be the instance of which configure file told in cron statement to look for? I have two instance according to admin/configure.Tried placing both just the instance such as 0 and then 1, no go, then added the instance=0 or 1 afterwards, as per the install instructions.

The current cron statement is : php /home1/freddie/public_html/admin/sitemonitor.php?instance=0

The username and rest of path is correct as sitemonitor_hacker_cron.php is doing as it should.

One question: in admin/configure, the box for log file location has just "sitemonitor_logs" is that giving the code enough path to find the admin folder where sitemonitor resides in? Admin folder name has been changed to protect the vunerable.

I'm sure I missed something?

Thanks a bunch,

Timmy C

The first instance of SiteMonitor (0), doesn't require an argument in cron so try removing that. If it works, then the problem is with that syntax. If it still fails, then you either have something setup incorrectly or something on your server is at fault. You'll need to ask your host about the latter.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons