• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

Hi, Thanks for your contribution.

I read through the last dozen or so pages and couldn't find this.

I've installed SiteMonitor 2.9 on a 2.3.1 oscommerce installation.

Everything seems to be installed properly and functioning.

When I run Delete Reference File>Update from the Sitemonitor admin page I get the error at the top of the page "Failed to create backup log file"

THis of course generates an email with thousands of newfiles found.

And if I run Execute Sitemonitor I get the thousand new files, since the reference file is not being created.

I have all my directory permissions set according to the Secure Directory Tool in the oscommerce Admin>Tools which is highly restrictive, so I temporarily made the admin/backend directory writeable (755) and I didn't get the error when I ran Delete Reference File, or Execute Sitemonitor.

I guess my question - is it safe to make my admin (the name is changed) directory writeable? Is the tradeoff worth it? Is there another solution besides making admin writeable?

Thanks,

jim

Edited by jimlongo

I have all my directory permissions set according to the Secure Directory Tool in the oscommerce Admin>Tools which is highly restrictive, so I temporarily made the admin/backend directory writeable (755) and I didn't get the error when I ran Delete Reference File, or Execute Sitemonitor.

I guess my question - is it safe to make my admin (the name is changed) directory writeable? Is the tradeoff worth it? Is there another solution besides making admin writeable?

I am not familiar with the contribution you mention nor what it has you set the permissions to but 755 is normal and proper for any directory so there's no reason why you shouldn't run that way. Of course, any time you lower the permissions, you increase security. But if lowering them causes failures in your shop, then they need to be raised back to where they should be.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello all.

Is it possible to make some changes so that the site monitor addon can check more files?

For example, check the files on a html website on the same domain name or even check another shop on the same hosting account?

Ideally, is it possible (and practical) to have one site monitor add on installed to check all files in a hosting account?

--------------------

The reason I ask is to be able to check several shops within one hosting account with one click and more importantly,

just set one crontab and get one email informing the status of muliple sites.

Edited by CutieCute2

Hello all.

Is it possible to make some changes so that the site monitor addon can check more files?

For example, check the files on a html website on the same domain name or even check another shop on the same hosting account?

Ideally, is it possible (and practical) to have one site monitor add on installed to check all files in a hosting account?

--------------------

The reason I ask is to be able to check several shops within one hosting account with one click and more importantly,

just set one crontab and get one email informing the status of muliple sites.

In earlier versions of SiteMonitor, you could put any start directory, even the root of the server, and it would check anything in its path. But so many people had trouble understanding how to enter the start directory, I had to add checks so it would be more obvious. So now, if the start directory doesn't match the shops path, it won't work. I intend to change that to be more user-friendly and more flexible but I've no idea when that will be. But as for having it check all of the files with one email, that usually won't work. On shared servers it will, most likely, timeout. It might run on a dedicated server if the settings were high enough, but it might put too much of a load on it to where it would bother your servers response time, though that would depend on how many files are on the server and its speed, load, etc.

You may be able to place sitemonitor in a directory above the others, put a copy of the configure file there and set it up with the correct path. You wouldn't have the interface bu that is not really needed.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

In earlier versions of SiteMonitor, you could put any start directory, even the root of the server, and it would check anything in its path. But so many people had trouble understanding how to enter the start directory, I had to add checks so it would be more obvious. So now, if the start directory doesn't match the shops path, it won't work. I intend to change that to be more user-friendly and more flexible but I've no idea when that will be. But as for having it check all of the files with one email, that usually won't work. On shared servers it will, most likely, timeout. It might run on a dedicated server if the settings were high enough, but it might put too much of a load on it to where it would bother your servers response time, though that would depend on how many files are on the server and its speed, load, etc.

You may be able to place sitemonitor in a directory above the others, put a copy of the configure file there and set it up with the correct path. You wouldn't have the interface bu that is not really needed.

Thanks again for your continued support Jack.

When I try to configure the sitemonitor in my admin it goes to a page not found. I have renamed my admin folder, do I need to change any of the code to offset this change? Any suggestions, I followed the instructions as shown.

No, it doesn't depend upon what the admin name is.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No, it doesn't depend upon what the admin name is.

Ok, thanks. I found my mistake, I forgot to load a file....daaaaaaa. But now I get a warning.

Warning: array_flip() [function.array-flip]: Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in /home/dacogif1/public_html/catalog/manager/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 136

What does this mean?

Thanks!

ok now even worse, I don't know what happened but I ran the site monitor and all of my admin files went to the quarantine folder. what have I done? are all of my files corrupted?

actually, even worse. Most of my files were deleted, I guess went into the quarantine file. What did I do wrong?

actually, even worse. Most of my files were deleted, I guess went into the quarantine file. What did I do wrong?

Sounds like you ran it with the quarantine option set without createing the reference file first.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I find this module have someone issue.

1st install it can run on cron.

After you update to new version , it can't run from cron.

we will get the following wrong information:

X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.16

Content-type: text/html

No input file specified.

I try to delete all old version and install new version or delete all Sitemonitor code and install the lastest version. I still get this wrong information from CRON running email notice.

exameple email :

php /home5/xxxxx/public_html/shop/admin/sitemonitor.php

or

Cron chang@box php /home/changi/public_html/shop/admin/sitemonitor_hacker_cron.php

Any suggestion? two difference hosting have this issue.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Sunrise99

I find this module have someone issue.

1st install it can run on cron.

After you update to new version , it can't run from cron.

we will get the following wrong information:

X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.16

Content-type: text/html

No input file specified.

I try to delete all old version and install new version or delete all Sitemonitor code and install the lastest version. I still get this wrong information from CRON running email notice.

exameple email :

php /home5/xxxxx/public_html/shop/admin/sitemonitor.php

You could try setting up the cron job correctly, as explained in the install file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I just updated 2.7 to 2.9 but I keep getting "Error WARNING: Your images directory contains non-image type files which is, generally, not correct." on the top of admin page. I solved it some how in 2.7, but after updating to 2.9 it came back :(

Hi Jack,

I just updated 2.7 to 2.9 but I keep getting "Error WARNING: Your images directory contains non-image type files which is, generally, not correct." on the top of admin page. I solved it some how in 2.7, but after updating to 2.9 it came back :(

The files causing the error should be listed with that error.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I need some help. Just installed OSCom 2.3.1 and trying to install SiteMonitor. Should be easy right. I've installed and re-installed several times now and having the same problem. When I go into admin everything is fine and looks good. Sitemonitor label is in the left column with the + sign. When you click on it it shows the admin/config labels. Thats when it go off. Both labels I get the config screen when I click them and the left column still shows the original admin menu overlapping the sitemonitor menu. Ihave only 1 other contribution installed which is Easypopulate. Anyone point me in the right direction to fix. Thanks...Bob

I need some help. Just installed OSCom 2.3.1 and trying to install SiteMonitor. Should be easy right. I've installed and re-installed several times now and having the same problem. When I go into admin everything is fine and looks good. Sitemonitor label is in the left column with the + sign. When you click on it it shows the admin/config labels. Thats when it go off. Both labels I get the config screen when I click them and the left column still shows the original admin menu overlapping the sitemonitor menu. Ihave only 1 other contribution installed which is Easypopulate. Anyone point me in the right direction to fix. Thanks...Bob

It sounds like you used the wrong set of files since the original menu (I assume you mean RC2 style) is not part of the 2.3 code.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The files causing the error should be listed with that error.

I see this error on the top of my SiteMonitor Admin screen:

error.jpg

Where could be the problem. I checked .htacces file is in place and there are no any non-image files in the folder ? ? ?

Edited by carpshop

I see this error on the top of my SiteMonitor Admin screen:

error.jpg

Where could be the problem. I checked .htacces file is in place and there are no any non-image files in the folder ? ? ?

There appears to be two blank lines after the last error message. I would have to look at your files to know why the code isn't reporting it correctly but it thinks something is there.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I am still not able to solve these two issues:

1. WARNING: Your images directory contains non-image type files which is, generally, not correct.

I did double checked all files in my images directory - there aren't any non images files.

2. WARNING: Your images directory is not protected by a .htaccess file.

I did copy .htaccess file from fresh downloaded osCommerce 2.3.1. version images directory to my images directory, but SiteMonitor still is displaying me as an error that my images directory is not protected by .htaccess ?

my .htaccess file is as follows:

# $Id$

#

# This is used to restrict access to this folder to anything other

# than images

# Prevents any script files from being accessed from the images folder

<FilesMatch "\.(php([0-9]|s)?|s?p?html|cgi|pl|exe)$">

Order Deny,Allow

Deny from all

</FilesMatch>

I can not understand why SiteMonitor is displaying an error that my directory is not protected by .htaccess :(

I can not understand why SiteMonitor is displaying an error that my directory is not protected by .htaccess :(

Unless you uploaded the .htaccess file to the wrong directory, I don't have any any idea why you would still being seeing that message.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Unless you uploaded the .htaccess file to the wrong directory, I don't have any any idea why you would still being seeing that message.

But .htaccess file is in my images directory, and when logfile is created by SiteMonitor .htaccess file is listed as it is in images directory.

Edited by carpshop

Hi,

Can I please confirm that when Site Monitor displays a message that file_manager.php should be deleted this file can be deleted without affecting the rest of the site?

On the Who's online tool I keep seeing users on links like www.mysite.com/shipping.php/admin/file_manager.php/login.php

I am a bit confused as to how a user can visit this link by browsing on the site and if this is the reason to delete the file.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Can I please confirm that when Site Monitor displays a message that file_manager.php should be deleted this file can be deleted without affecting the rest of the site?

On the Who's online tool I keep seeing users on links like www.mysite.com/shipping.php/admin/file_manager.php/login.php

I am a bit confused as to how a user can visit this link by browsing on the site and if this is the reason to delete the file.

Thank you in advance.

Yes, it can be deleted. The file manager provides one of the most destructive security holes found in oscommerce. Hackers are searching for it because they know they can ruin your site if they can get in through it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons