• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

Thanks for your help on this Jack. I ran that and that worked. My admin directory is password protected. Is it possible that this is the reason it didn't work from the cron job? To access my admin directory I must first enter the user name and password before I was able to run http://your_domain.com/admin/sitemonitor.php?instance=0.

No, cron jobs are internal and don't require a login. Now that you've ran it manually, try the cron job again. If it still fails, then ask your host to see what the problem is. It would have to be how they have cron setup or the syntax you are using for the cron job.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

No, cron jobs are internal and don't require a login. Now that you've ran it manually, try the cron job again. If it still fails, then ask your host to see what the problem is. It would have to be how they have cron setup or the syntax you are using for the cron job.

Ok my host is no help at all. They claim that its a liability. I removed the "?instance=0" portion of the syntax and I got results. Does that make a difference? Will I be ok with this?

Thanks

Hi Jack,

Started getting the following error when updating sitemonitor configuration:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /Admin Name/sitemonitor_configure_setup.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Is this a server issue ie. host trying to prevent scripts running setup files?

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Ok my host is no help at all. They claim that its a liability. I removed the "?instance=0" portion of the syntax and I got results. Does that make a difference? Will I be ok with this?

It will default to instance=0 and should work OK but if you ever want to run a second job, it will fail.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Started getting the following error when updating sitemonitor configuration:

Is this a server issue ie. host trying to prevent scripts running setup files?

Yes, it is most likely due to your servers configuration.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Yes, it is most likely due to your servers configuration.

Took this up with my host, and they confirmed the problem was their side, and have worked all day to resolve for me - all credit to them...Everything now works fine again.

For anyone else receiving the same error as in my post above, this is the response from my Host:

The actual error was caused by our ModSecurity implemented in our server, for which we had to exclude few of the rules especially for your domain to get it working again.

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

I have a few problems with security on my site....Site monitor errors:

WARNING: Your admin name is admin. That should be changed.

WARNING: Your images directory is not protected by a .htaccess file.

What can i do??

thanks

You need to rename your admin directory. Once that is done you need to update the configure.php files to reflect the name change.

example: define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/'); should be define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/newname/');

and

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/content/n/d/e/username/html/admin/'); should be define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/content/n/d/e/username/html/newname/');

As far as the .htaccess file..... you can just copy the .htaccess file to your image directories. I just used the .htaccess file from the image directory of the latest oscommerce download.

I have a few problems with security on my site....Site monitor errors:

WARNING: Your admin name is admin. That should be changed.

WARNING: Your images directory is not protected by a .htaccess file.

What can i do??

Removed. Didn't see it was already answered.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

admin does't work:( hmmm... i change both of configure file....

DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/content/n/d/e/username/html/dolfi1/')

username=my admin username??

You shouldn't change your configure files, unless they are ioncorrect.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

/home/kupicene/domains/kupiceneje.si/public_html/dolfi1/ right path, but still doesnt work

this is error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2 Server at www.xasd.si Port 80

...and i change this

# define(‘DIR_WS_ADMIN’, ‘/admin/’); admin to 12ed3

# define(‘DIR_FS_ADMIN’, ‘/home/whatever/public_html/admin/’ admin to 12ed3

hmmm i have custom template....

Edited by fr1234

this is error

Internal Server Error

The script is most likely timing out. You can read the many posts on this error in this thread or read the instal file about it. But you should probably start by asking your host to look at it and tell you what the error is actually for.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I need some help with setup...primarily step 5. I have installed all of the files and added the code to the appropriate files. On to step 5. I go to my Admin panel (mine is renamed with the appropriate changes to the configure.php file) go to Site Monitor at the bottom left, click on configure and input my appropriate Start Directory. I'm leaving the curl stuff blank. I get this error when pressing the Update Button:

Setup Error!!! The start directory:

/home1/custompi/public_html/

does not match the shops directory:

/home1/custompi/public_html/cpadmin/

Please correct it and try again.

Apparently the shops directory is set to the admin directory. Where do I check this? Where do I change this?

How do I correct it so I can use this program?

Thanks

Setup Error!!! The start directory:

/home1/custompi/public_html/

does not match the shops directory:

/home1/custompi/public_html/cpadmin/

Please correct it and try again.

Apparently the shops directory is set to the admin directory. Where do I check this? Where do I change this?

How do I correct it so I can use this program?

The code is using DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT from the admins root directory. It should be set to the root of your shop. If that define is setup using $DOCUMENT_ROOT, you may need to change it to the actual path. See this thread for help with setting it up correctly.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hoping someone can help

im getting this error when i click on the admin page

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /location/sitemonitor_admin.php on line 66

hoping someone can help

im getting this error when i click on the admin page

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /location/sitemonitor_admin.php on line 66

In admin/sitemonitor_admin.php, please replace

$invalidFiles = array_merge(glob(DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . '*.php'),glob(DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . '*.txt'));

with

$invalidFiles = array_merge((array)glob(DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . '*.php'),(array)glob(DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . '*.txt'));

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

also when i do the manual check

it send me an email saying theres a new file each time

wait period of 4-5 hours

shoudl i wait at least 24 hours?

When you first run it manually, click on the top update button. When you run it manually the next time, use the second update button. It should send a clean email the second time.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

When you first run it manually, click on the top update button. When you run it manually the next time, use the second update button. It should send a clean email the second time.

sweet thanks jack its all working now

see how it goes in the next week!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting the following error when I execute "Delete Reference File"

Warning: unlink(sitemonitor_reference_0.php) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in /home/xxx/public_html/shop/controlpanel/sitemonitor_admin.php on line 116

Warning: copy(sitemonitor_log_005_03_2011.txt) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/xxx/public_html/shop/controlpanel/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 245

Failed to create backup log file

I'm getting the following error when I "Execute Sitemonitor"

Warning: copy(sitemonitor_log_005_03_2011.txt) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/wwwplum/public_html/shop/controlpanel/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 245

I have set both sitemonitor_log_0.txt and sitemonitor_configure_0.php to 777

Can someone please help??

I'm getting the following error when I execute "Delete Reference File"

Warning: unlink(sitemonitor_reference_0.php) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in /home/xxx/public_html/shop/controlpanel/sitemonitor_admin.php on line 116

Warning: copy(sitemonitor_log_005_03_2011.txt) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/xxx/public_html/shop/controlpanel/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 245

I'm getting the following error when I "Execute Sitemonitor"

Warning: copy(sitemonitor_log_005_03_2011.txt) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/wwwplum/public_html/shop/controlpanel/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 245

I have set both sitemonitor_log_0.txt and sitemonitor_configure_0.php to 777

Those are due to your server settings. Show them to your host and ask them to change the settings so they don't fail.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I got this error message

"Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again.: System -> /home/content/p/a/g/pagadian/html/mystore/ - SiteMonitor -> /home/username/public_html"

So I entered "/home/content/p/a/g/pagadian/html/mystore/" in Start Directory in the Site Monitor/Admin

I got the Start Directory from my configure.php

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/content/p/a/g/pagadian/html/mystore/');

Then after I entered it, I got a new error message below:

Warning: fopen(/admin/sitemonitor_configure_0.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

in /home/content/p/a/g/pagadian/html/mystore/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 604

Failed to open file /admin/sitemonitor_configure_0.php

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in

/home/content/p/a/g/pagadian/html/mystore/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 608

Edited by uniks

Then after I entered it, I got a new error message below:

Warning: fopen(/admin/sitemonitor_configure_0.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

in /home/content/p/a/g/pagadian/html/mystore/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 604

Failed to open file /admin/sitemonitor_configure_0.php

The error is saying it can't find one of the sitemonitor files. Be sure you have uploaded all of them to the correct location.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons