• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

Yes, that is how it should work and is the same as previously versions.

I don't have a reason why it is failing for you. Have you tried deleting the reference file? After you click on the Delete update button, if you look in the reference file does it have cache, admin, etc. listed? If so, the reference file is not being created correctly. If not, the code is not recognizing the paths. The code for the paths was changed in this version so, if it is the second situation, that is the problem. In that case, be sure the DIR_FS_CATALOG setting in the admin/includes/configure.php file has the correct path to your files and that that is the path in the SiteMonitor configure file.

I've triple checked the path setting, it is identical in the admin/includes/configure.php (DIR_FS_CATALOG), in sitemonitor_configure_setup.php (Start Directory:) and in modules.php. After I click the Delete update button, the sitemonitor_reference file is created and it contains all of the excluded directories. There is no difference between old (v1.9) and new (v2.1) reference file - I mean the way the files are listed, ie. with double //, for example:

/home/myuser/public_html//admin/stats_products_viewed.php,7707,1252157969,644

The path in in sitemonitor_configure_setup.php is: /home/myuser/public_html/

For the record: PHP Version: 5.2.9 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

I've triple checked the path setting, it is identical in the admin/includes/configure.php (DIR_FS_CATALOG), in sitemonitor_configure_setup.php (Start Directory:) and in modules.php. After I click the Delete update button, the

See my email.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

some details to my enviroment in hope its help you:

- my server runs under cgi/fastcgi

- he ist protected by with the Suhosin Patch 0.9.7

- the max_execution_time ist limit to 6 sec.

and the worse case:

i've rollback to the V 1.9 ... and its doesn't work.....same failure

like the V 2.1 (or is it the 2.2 ??).....blank screens

only the exclude-selector from V1.9 works without problems

Best regards

PS: if you will i give you an ftp and admin-access

I just this installation running before. However, im now trying to run the "Delete Reference File" but im just getting a blank page when i click the "update" problem. I thinks its probably a permissions problem as i have been very stingy on my oscommerce file permissions. Does anyone know which file permission could be causing the issue?

Thanks!

I'm using the same versions, or close to them, so that shouldn't be the problem. If you can't find the reason and wouldn't mind providing me with ftp and admin access, I will take a look at it. I'm curious as to why so many are having problems when I can't get it to fail once.

I went back to v1.9 and the "Manually Check for Hacked Files" works fine..

Back to v2.1.....

I just this installation running before. However, im now trying to run the "Delete Reference File" but im just getting a blank page when i click the "update" problem. I thinks its probably a permissions problem as i have been very stingy on my oscommerce file permissions. Does anyone know which file permission could be causing the issue?

Nothing was changed in the file regarding permissions that I can think of and their settings are usually not an issue anyway but you can try changing all of the sitemonitor files in the admin directory to see if that is the problem.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm using the same versions, or close to them, so that shouldn't be the problem. If you can't find the reason and wouldn't mind providing me with ftp and admin access, I will take a look at it. I'm curious as to why so many are having problems when I can't get it to fail once.

I am getting close now. This is where it stops on my system: (in sitemonitor_functions.php)

$aFiles = rglob($dir, '*');  //get all files and directories

Seems like my system dont like your rglob function?

I am getting close now. This is where it stops on my system: (in sitemonitor_functions.php)

And this is where it exactly stops:

$aSubFiles = rglob($sSubDir, $sPattern, $nFlags);

Any clue?

It's the same as in V1.9 except that checking was added for an ending slash. You can try replacing the $dir in the above code with DIR_FS_CATALOG and see what happens.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It's the same as in V1.9 except that checking was added for an ending slash. You can try replacing the $dir in the above code with DIR_FS_CATALOG and see what happens.

I tried that with no luck. But removing the 'array' in this line made it work:

//foreach ((array)glob("$sDir$slash*", GLOB_ONLYDIR) as $sSubDir) //recursive call
 foreach (glob("$sDir$slash*", GLOB_ONLYDIR) as $sSubDir) //recursive call

This line is not using 'array' in v1.9

Hi

Installed Site Monitor v2.1 dated 13 Apr 2010 on a windows pc running xampp.

The first time I go into the admin screens, sitemonitor_configure_setup.php, there is an error at the top of the screen.

"Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again."

It is prompting with my mysql user and password in the Admin Username and Admin Password fields. Seems to be taking info fron configure.php rather than the administrators table.

Then when I blank that out and click on update the Exclude selector which prompts

"jewel/admin/quarantine", "admin/quarantine", "cgi-bin","admin"

then displays these directory names in the error line at the top of the screen. Not surprising as the quarantine directory does not exist, so I delete all of them and click update again.

Then get this error message

FAILED: Exclude list does not begin with quotes.

So looks like not having anything in the excludes fields is not allowed.

Try with "admin" and get an error message of "admin".

Select any directory from the dropdown and get the same sort of error message.

Tried "" and get an error message.

Is this an error because I am running on xampp or ....

TIA

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Then when I blank that out and click on update the Exclude selector which prompts

"jewel/admin/quarantine", "admin/quarantine", "cgi-bin","admin"

then displays these directory names in the error line at the top of the screen. Not surprising as the quarantine directory does not exist, so I delete all of them and click update again.

The quarantine is a required part of the contribution, which is why it is included with it. You don't have to use it, but it is required. And since the quarantine directory is excluded by the code, at least one entry in the exclude list is expected. I never tried it with two quotes so I can't say if that is valid or not. The script will run fine under XAmpp as long as the start directory is valid.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for the reply but even after I created these 2 extra directories in shop root and admin root I still get the same errors.

I can't see any reference to these directories or creating them in the readme.txt.

1) Go to shop admin >> Site Monitor >> configure.

This runs sitemonitor_configure_setup.php, and there is an error at the top of the screen.

"Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again."

It is prompting with my mysql user and password in the Admin Username and Admin Password fields. Seems to be taking info fron configure.php rather than the administrators table.

Screen and readme.txt seems to indicate it should be a shop administrator rather than a mysql user.

2)Then when I blank that out, as I do not want to use curl, I get another error.

"jewel/xxfg/quarantine", "admin/quarantine", "cgi-bin","admin"

Which is exactly what was prompted in the excludes box, funnily enough I have changed my admin folder to xxfg as a security precaution so would expect it to prompt:

"jewel/xxfg/quarantine", "xxfg/quarantine", "cgi-bin","xxfg"

I tried

"quarantine", "xxfg/quarantine"

and still got the error message.

Any thoughts

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Thanks for the reply but even after I created these 2 extra directories in shop root and admin root I still get the same errors.

A lot of people are having problems with this version. I'm working with a few to try to isolate the reasons and will upload a fix once it is found. In the meantime, I don't have any suggestions on what it might be. Please revert to 1.9 until a fix is found.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

im gettin a admin/quarantine", "cgi-bin","admin" what dose this mean

Those are the list of directories to exclude from monitoring. admin/quarantine is a directory required by site monitor to move files to when suspected of hacking (if you utilize that), cgi-bin is a common directory for scripts, you can leave it there or remove it if you do not have that directory in your store path, and admin is the standard admin directory of osc. You probably don't want a directory named admin due to it being a favorite of hackers.

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

well im goin to rename it today an do the .htaccess thing, but is there any readon why its not keeping the settings for email an my login info?

The log in information is not normally necessary, but i don't know why it would not stay there if it were put there unless you fail to hit the UPDATE button. Or if writing to the database was not possible for some reason.

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

It should be possible to run more than one instance. I did it in an earlier version but that was before a lot of the options were added and the process I used wouldn't work now. The way it is now, you would pretty much have to duplicate all of the files and change the references in them so they use the duplicated files. It is not a simple job but it can be done. Or, you can install a complete set of files in the includes directory of the root. You wouldn't have access to the admin interface but you can edit the configure file manually and run it with a cron job and it should work fine.

Thank you Jack, I´ll try. I use Sitemonitor in combination with Virus and Threat Scan in the meantime.

With a little over 17k products I had to exclude my images folder in order to prevent the timeout. I do have an .htaccess that prevents anything other than image files from being served from that folder though.

Sorry for OT, but would that be:

AddHandler cgi-script .php .pl .py .jsp .asp .htm .shtml .sh .cgi

Options -ExecCGI

in image folder?

Thank you very much

A lot of people are having problems with this version. I'm working with a few to try to isolate the reasons and will upload a fix once it is found. In the meantime, I don't have any suggestions on what it might be. Please revert to 1.9 until a fix is found.

I started with the latest version and am having similar problems. Both error messages in the Site Monitor Configure page where it shows the excluded directories at the top of the page highlighted in red, and when I go to SiteMonitor Admin it says, "Error Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again." It does this even when I enter the same username and password that are entered in the Sitemonitor_configure.php file. So if this is an issue with the newest version, how do I get the 1.9 version?

Thanks!

Michelle 8-)

I have installed the contribution. But I am not getting anything right with it. In the beginning I am not able to configure it. When I enter any folder in the excluded text area(either by typing or using selection box) and I click on update , this gives me an error message on the top of the page with the folder names selected. If I remove all the folders from it, it gives me this error message:

FAILED: Exclude list does not begin with quotes.

Please help me out on this as soon as possible.