• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

Warning: opendir(/document/root/directory/path/myusername/public_html//store/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied 

The "/store/" is actually there and confuses me a bit but in configuration the root is correct, the above modified for example purposes. To verify, my host control panel gives me the correct document root, which is what comes up by default in the configure page of Site Montitor

This glitch occurs on one of my two stores, both on the same server run with two separate accounts. The current problem store is with a ssl certificate. The non problem store has no certificate if that matters, I am just mentioning it.

There's an extra slash in the path, html//store/. That usually doesn't cause a problem but it might be in this case. Which method are you using to connect - standard or curl (admin... settings filled in)? If curl, try clearing those and running it the regular way. If it runs that way, then there may be something wrong with how you entered that information. It could also be a permissions setting on the server. The error is saying it is not allowing access due to permissions. You host may be blocking external connections.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

There's an extra slash in the path, html//store/. That usually doesn't cause a problem but it might be in this case. Which method are you using to connect - standard or curl (admin... settings filled in)? If curl, try clearing those and running it the regular way. If it runs that way, then there may be something wrong with how you entered that information. It could also be a permissions setting on the server. The error is saying it is not allowing access due to permissions. You host may be blocking external connections.

I am leaning towarded a host permissisions issue because this only started occurring a couple weeks ago and I didn't change any configuration settings until I saw the root issue brought forth in this topic. But I am not sure.

The extra slash keeps getting regenerated even though I try to clear it in configuration. Meaning if I clear the extra slash in configuration, update the page the extra slash is gone. But when I go to admin and come back to configuration the extra slash is back. The same thing occurs if I remove both slashes. Set no slashes-->Admin --> Configuration and they are both back.

The start directory entry is a direct copy/paste right from my hosts site over to configuration. It is the same path automatically generated by Site Montitor. If it's not a securty risk I can post it here with all buy my username.

I have yet to learn what curl is, thus my Admin Directory, Username and Password are blank. When I look up curl on my host site I get directed to this:

Question/Problem

Configuring: Available PEAR packages

Answer/Solution

PEAR (PHP Extension and Application Repository) is a framework and distribution system for reusable PHP components. The following PEAR packages are available on our platform.

Thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

The start directory entry is a direct copy/paste right from my hosts site over to configuration. It is the same path automatically generated by Site Montitor. If it's not a securty risk I can post it here with all buy my username.

The correct path is shown on the admin->Modules pages (bottom of middle column), up to the admin part. If your start directory matches that, then SiteMonitor is setup correctly. If it is working before and you didn't change anything, then your host may have changed something. If you show them the message and how to create it, they may look at it. Some hosts will - some won't.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

The correct path is shown on the admin->Modules pages (bottom of middle column), up to the admin part. If your start directory matches that, then SiteMonitor is setup correctly. If it is working before and you didn't change anything, then your host may have changed something. If you show them the message and how to create it, they may look at it. Some hosts will - some won't.

Jack, I confirmed the path is as on the admin->Modules page. I am turning this over to support at my host and see what they come up with. I will post the outcome here. Thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Jack, I confirmed the path is as on the admin->Modules page. I am turning this over to support at my host and see what they come up with. I will post the outcome here. Thanks

Jack here is that follow up I promised. It was a problem with my server system. The "tier two" support tech determined that a service they provide called "ShopSite" had been activated and was causing a directory conflict with the public_html folder where my osC store resides.

I don't use ShopSite so my hunch is that the tier 1 tech support did that when working on my report of sluggish website symptoms. The timing of the problem I brought up here matches exactly when tier 1 was working on my problem.

Anyway, SiteMonitor is functioning normally now, just wanted to let you know the outcome.

I thank you for this valuable add on and several others I have installed in my shops. Keep up the great work.

A new version has been uploaded with the following changes:

- Added another check for hacker code.

- Added version checker code (the Version Checker contribution still needs to be installed per the instructions).

- Added code to check for username as the username and redirect if found - only useful for new installs.

- Added box in admin to contain the file types to ignore on a hacker code search.

- Added box in admin to contain the hacker code segments used in the hacker code search.

- Added popup window to view suspected hacked files.

- Changed how exclude selection works so that excluded directories are no longer in the exclude list.

- Changed how createreferencefile code works so ignored files are checked in a more secure manner (as suggested by (Chad - chadcloman).

- Changed search code so directories are scanned even if a similar name is excluded (as mentioned in the support thread).

- Fixed problem that caused double slashes (//) in the hacker results.

- Fixed logic problem in functions/site_monitor.php that might cause empty results for the hacker test.

- Fixed some warnings seen in strict mode.

- Fixed some problems that prevented the contribution from running on php 5.3 or higher.

- Fixed invalid code in writeconfig code.

- Renamed timer function to avoid clashes with other contributions.

- Replaced $HTTP_POST_VARS with $_POST.

- Replaced ereg with equivalent preg function.

- Replaced some hard-coded text with definitions.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have installed the feature and below is what happens when i attempt to click any of the buttons.

Any help would be much appreciated and yes i have search the forums already but could not find anything related to these errors.

Thanks

Execute Sitemonitor

Reference file creation failed!

Manually Execute Sitemonitor

ERROR_FAILED_REFERENCE_CREATION

Manually Check for Hacked Files

Blank Page

Hi Jack,

first ... many thanks for this contrib, but i have a problem with the new Version.

By "Delete Reference File", "Execute Sitemonitor" and "Manually Execute Sitemonitor" i get a blank white screen....no typo....no error.

By "Manually Check for Hacked Files" the line of all files ist always "5".

The previous Version runs without any error.

Can you help me please....sorry for my bad english

Greetz

Anja

I have installed the feature and below is what happens when i attempt to click any of the buttons.

Any help would be much appreciated and yes i have search the forums already but could not find anything related to these errors.

Thanks

Execute Sitemonitor

Reference file creation failed!

Manually Execute Sitemonitor

ERROR_FAILED_REFERENCE_CREATION

Manually Check for Hacked Files

Blank Page

Compare your start directory setting with the path displayed in admin->modules. If they don't match, you have a mistake in the settings. You also may not have upploaded all of the files. If this is an update, be sure to replace all of the files mentioned in the update file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

the latest version seems very slow compared to the previous version. Coding loop somewhere?

also, the back button does not work to return after maually executing a search. It simply redo the search. Needs a link at the bottom of the results page, carrying the session ID.

Good work on this contribution though, everyone should be running it.

The only thing I can think of that might slow it down was that the create reference file section was changed. In the previous version, if you had excluded the images directory, for example, any images directory would have been excluded, even includes/languages/english/images. This version will only excludes the actual images directory. So the scan is running through more directories now than previous versions if you have such an entry. Other than that, I don't see a slow down here but I haven't tested it on a large site yet so that might make a difference. I'll run some speed tests and see if I can find anything.

I hadn't noticed the back button change. Thanks for mentioning it. I'll look into that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

first ... many thanks for this contrib, but i have a problem with the new Version.

By "Delete Reference File", "Execute Sitemonitor" and "Manually Execute Sitemonitor" i get a blank white screen....no typo....no error.

By "Manually Check for Hacked Files" the line of all files ist always "5".

The previous Version runs without any error.

See my post a few up where I mention about the start directory. The code for that was changed a little and may be causing this problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

See my post a few up where I mention about the start directory. The code for that was changed a little and may be causing this problem.

Hi Jack....many thank for your help!

In my payment-Modul its look like

Modul Verzeichnis: /www/htdocs/w00c7b74/includes/modules/payment/

In the configuration-control from sitemonitor its look like

/www/htdocs/w00c7b74/

i think, its correct....but i get a blank page

Have you any idees?

Greetz

Anja

The new version is timing out.

Trying to use the Exclude Selector are not saving the excluded folders?. They show up in the Exclude List, but when I leave the Configure area and then go back again, they are all gone except for those folders manualy saved in the sitemonitor_configure.php

Any ideas?

Jack;

the latest version seems very slow compared to the previous version. Coding loop somewhere?

Same here Jack, there is an error somewhere in those new files. "Delete the reference file and create a new one." is timing out, there might be a problem excluding directories... (that's why it takes too long - scanning all directories including cache, etc.) I've tested on two stores (to make sure it has nothing to do with php version). Despite the fact that I have "cache" in Exclude List:, this is from the message: Found a new file named cache/xsell_products-english.cache42 - which means to me, that the exclusion doesn't work. The Exclude Selector drop down is also behaving funny - some files and directories aren't there so you cannot select/unselect them. Double checked the path as well as uploaded all new files. After replacing two files from the previous version, all seems to work fine again. Delete Reference File takes exactly 1sec and that is on a quite a large store. Those two files are: sitemonitor_configure_setup.php and functions/sitemonitor_functions.php

Anja - your blank page is due to time out error.

Hope that helps.

Edited by mr_absinthe

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

Trying to use the Exclude Selector are not saving the excluded folders?. They show up in the Exclude List, but when I leave the Configure area and then go back again, they are all gone except for those folders manualy saved in the sitemonitor_configure.php

This problem I did notice. It is due to how the hacker code segments are being handled. You can edit the sitemonitor_configure.php file manually or PM me your email and I will send you the fixed files. I'll wait until I can fix the other problems before uploading a revision.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Same here Jack, there is an error somewhere in those new files. "Delete the reference file and create a new one." is timing out, there might be a problem excluding directories... (that's why it takes too long - scanning all directories including cache, etc.) I've tested on two stores (to make sure it has nothing to do with php version). Despite the fact that I have "cache" in Exclude List:, this is from the message: Found a new file named cache/xsell_products-english.cache42 - which means to me, that the exclusion doesn't work. The Exclude Selector drop down is also behaving funny - some files and directories aren't there so you cannot select/unselect them. Double checked the path as well as uploaded all new files. After replacing two files from the previous version, all seems to work fine again. Delete Reference File takes exactly 1sec and that is on a quite a large store. Those two files are: sitemonitor_configure_setup.php and functions/sitemonitor_functions.php

The exclude dropdown list changed with this version. If you select, for example, images, the list will no longer show the images or any of its sub-directories. To remove it from the list, erase if from the list of excluded files below the dropdown and update. I did this because on sites with a lot of directories, it is difficult, or is for me, to go through them all over and over to find what I wanted to exclude. This method is meant to make that process simpler.

As for the problem with cache not be in the list, if you look in the sitemonitor_configure.php file, is cache listed? You may be experiencing the same problem mentioned above.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This problem I did notice. It is due to how the hacker code segments are being handled. You can edit the sitemonitor_configure.php file manually or PM me your email and I will send you the fixed files. I'll wait until I can fix the other problems before uploading a revision.

Ok, I'll wait for the next upload..

Hi Jack, Great Mod! I have an older version on another site that works great! I just downloaded your newest version and installed it however I am stuck on the configuration. Its like it is looping. All of the information autofills and the first errors says 'Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again.' which is fine, I change it to the correct username and then click update. After I click update, the next error is "toys/admin/quarantine", "admin/quarantine", "cgi-bin","admin". so I delete those out of the exclude section and receive the error 'ERROR_FAILED_EXCLUDE_LIST_FORMAT' When I refresh all of the old information that autofilled comes back. Any idea what I am doing wrong here? Thank you for the help!

Hi Jack, Great Mod! I have an older version on another site that works great! I just downloaded your newest version and installed it however I am stuck on the configuration. Its like it is looping. All of the information autofills and the first errors says 'Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again.' which is fine, I change it to the correct username and then click update. After I click update, the next error is "toys/admin/quarantine", "admin/quarantine", "cgi-bin","admin". so I delete those out of the exclude section and receive the error 'ERROR_FAILED_EXCLUDE_LIST_FORMAT' When I refresh all of the old information that autofilled comes back. Any idea what I am doing wrong here? Thank you for the help!

You're not doing anything wrong. It is the problem I mentioned above. If you send me you email, I will email you the changes. I don't know when I will get the fixes uploaded since I want to test for the other problems first and I don't have time right now. If you prefer to wait, you can edit the sitemonitor_configure.php file manually to get around the problem. Be sure to reload the one from the package since the code causing the problem may have corrupted that file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The exclude dropdown list changed with this version. If you select, for example, images, the list will no longer show the images or any of its sub-directories. To remove it from the list, erase if from the list of excluded files below the dropdown and update. I did this because on sites with a lot of directories, it is difficult, or is for me, to go through them all over and over to find what I wanted to exclude. This method is meant to make that process simpler.

As for the problem with cache not be in the list, if you look in the sitemonitor_configure.php file, is cache listed? You may be experiencing the same problem mentioned above.

Despite the fact that folders images, cache or config_cache were listed and displayed (surrounded with quotes, separated with comma) below the dropdown, it was still scanning them - output was listed in email message.

Also - instruction on the page saying "Selecting the same item twice from the list will remove it" - this should be probably corrected or deleted because if the folder is displayed in the box below the dropdown, it is no longer available to be selected in the dropdown.

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

Because I have over 16k images in there now, I have to run a second instance of Site Monitor to get it to work, with the second instance only looking at the images directory. Site Monitor pukes when I try to run it on the whole site, probably due to the total number of files.

Hi,

first of all, thank you Jack for this contribution!

My site is quite big, it has several thousands of pictures and I have a problem with exceeding maximum time. I would better not exclude the images folders, because I already found infected files there. I was hopig - is is possible to install Sitemonitor several times? One copy would monitor everything but images folder, the other copy just images folder? Do I understand the post above correctly and it can be done? Could you please be more specific how? I searched the forum, but couldn´t find anything.

Thank you very much.

Hi,

My site is quite big, it has several thousands of pictures and I have a problem with exceeding maximum time. I would better not exclude the images folders, because I already found infected files there. I was hopig - is is possible to install Sitemonitor several times? One copy would monitor everything but images folder, the other copy just images folder? Do I understand the post above correctly and it can be done? Could you please be more specific how? I searched the forum, but couldn´t find anything.

Thank you very much.

I have it installed on 2 sites. It works fine if I exclude the admin directory leaving just under 2,000 files to monitor. Not excluding admin causes the script to time out.

If I make a small change to a file, I can run the manual update, but if I add a new product (read, a new image in images folder), then it times out. I have to delete the reference file manually. So far I have been running it before adding new products, then manually deleting the reference file and running again.

I installed V2.0 and have the same problem. I still use it because of the peace of mind it brings knowing my files are not altered. I am not complaining either, just pointing out my particular problems in case they can be resolved.

I see earlier in this thread that Jack is aware of the exclude portion not working in V2.0. This is easily bypassed by adding the directories into the configure file manually. One thing I did not see mentioned that occurs on both my sites is when running it for the first time. This text shows up:

TEXT_FIRST_RUN_SUCCEDDFUL

The define is installed in the english folder. I even installed twice thinking I made a mistake. I found this on line 602

if ($verbose) echo TEXT_FIRST_RUN_SUCCEDDFUL;

Does it need some quotes or something?

Tim

Hi,

Thank you very much.

It should be possible to run more than one instance. I did it in an earlier version but that was before a lot of the options were added and the process I used wouldn't work now. The way it is now, you would pretty much have to duplicate all of the files and change the references in them so they use the duplicated files. It is not a simple job but it can be done. Or, you can install a complete set of files in the includes directory of the root. You wouldn't have access to the admin interface but you can edit the configure file manually and run it with a cron job and it should work fine.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons