• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

The error is saying it can't find the /home/username/public_html/ directory. If your username isn't username, then you will need to change the settings to the correct one.

ok so what you meant on the post quoted here, it wasn't that I "had" to enter my actual username... but simply remove whatever appeared in that field, right? Told you it might end up being a dumb question.

Site monitor doesn't increase or decrease security - it will help you be alerted if files have been altered and thus reduce the damage if you are hacked.

Why don't you have SSL? It's only around £50.00 per year. You're worried enough to edit files and FTP them rather than enter info on your site but it's fine for customers to enter data on your site when you're not protecting transfer of their data with SSL?

To be honest, if a site owner can't be bothered to buy SSL then I shop elsewhere.

Wow

Edited by mariemeh

ok so what you meant on the post quoted here, it wasn't that I "had" to enter my actual username... but simply remove whatever appeared in that field, right? Told you it might end up being a dumb question.

If you aren't using curl then you delete the username and password from those fields and update the page to save. I also had to read that section a few times myself before I decided how to interpret it.

I'm feeling lucky today......maybe someone will answer my post!

I do try and answer a simple post when I can just to give something back.

------------------------------------------------

PM me? - I'm not for hire

Tigergirl,

you mentioned 50 pounds and I was amazed. I went in search again and on this side of the ocean, the cheapest for the most basic option I've found is something like 250us and it doesn't seem to cover much. Meaning, I can secure a page but having my login + customer account info + my admin + credit cards brings it closer to a thousand. I'm thinking either I don't understand a thing about this, which is most likely the case or there is a great gap in prices between your side of the ocean and mine.

Is there a place I can read more about this and read in simple terms would be truly helpful.

You can get ssl's for as low as $15/year. But please move this discussion to the general forum since it doesn't relate to this contribution.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

I tend to ask this little question. I run into Maximum "execution time of 30 seconds exceeded" for all 3 task u can do with site monitor (not counting hack code checker)

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /....../includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 264

If i try to go to my vhost and change max_execution_time from 30 to 60 (or even highter) and go back to site monitor and run one of this 3 task, i end with blank page..with no error showing..but the task isn't completed..

Is that possible to delet or comment that whole function in sitemonitor_funtions.php ??

wich is where is the execution stop to

function GetPart($part, $path)

{

$parts = explode(",", $path);

return trim($parts[$part]);

}

line 264 is

$parts = explode(",", $path);

Or this will break out something?

I cannot understand why by changing on myvhost to 60 sec or even more, end me with a blank screen on site monitor tasks on my shop back end.

Im using php5 and register off btw..

Thank you for your time, Fabien.

PS: Note that if leaving to 30, i can run site monitor manually, but i don't have a complete report, and at the end of page i got the execution time error...but anyways i cannot update or delet reference time with 30sec..only run site monitor is half working, but no sense to do it with a old reference file

Edited by Lgn.Magic

It may be that there are too many files, even at 60 seconds, or maybe one is corrupted causing the code to stall. Use the exclude setting to only check some small directory. If that works, add another. Keep doing that till it fails. If it fails on just one, then something in that directory is causing a problem.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Thankyou for your fast answer !! You always give so prompt reply, amazing !!

I got an idea, im not sure if this is done on ever hoster, but on my root, my host created/added a phpmyadmin folder with all the files needed to run my domain, when i took my subscription. If i run site monitor with that folder excluded, it seems to run smoothly.

If some people make hack attempts, it will/should be only on my shop files/folders (catalog or admin) ??

Or they are potentially could also make change on such folder like phpmyadmin wich would help them somehow to give access to something in the rest of the shop files.

That folder is about 13Mo and have a lot of files, so as u suggested it may cause the problem since it's big

Can i safetly exclude this folder from site monitor without making a "hole". I mean i'll not be able to see change in that folder if i exclude, so is it a potential problem?

Thank you so much again !!

Having phpmyadmin in the web path is a security problem. It should be protected by .htaccess but the recent "file manager" hole allowed that to be bypassed and there's always the possibility of another popping up so I wouldn't skip it. You can create a new directory in the phpmyadmin directory and install Sitemonitor into it and then run both of them. You'll have to manually edit the configure file but that is not difficult. And there may be some permissions problems but your host should help with those.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

my phpmyadmin folder is htaccess and htpasswd protected. Also my hoster is one of the best, if not the best for my country. I think there server and hosting service is pretty much secured, they are really very profesional. although there always can be someway to try to enter with hacking. Nothing is a 100% secure.

Anways, i'll try to follow your intruction and not skip that folder. ill try to install sitemonitor as u mentioned above. If i ever have problems to install a "2nd copy" of sitemonitor i'll try to contact them first since they got a pretty good contact support and they are oscommerce based so they know that open source very well. (so it can avoid making you more work answering me)

If i ever have a recurring problem installing, i may come back to you for some infos.

Thank you again !! have a good day.

Fabien.

PS: If i would exclude images folder, it could take away a large quantity of files and size, hackers can't use an image and modify it, since tehre is no code..but then if new files are injected there, i'll not be awarded of it right? exclude a folder both count for checking files alredy in (writed on reference file) but will also exclude that folder for checking new files in there. right?

Edited by Lgn.Magic

PS: If i would exclude images folder, it could take away a large quantity of files and size, hackers can't use an image and modify it, since tehre is no code..but then if new files are injected there, i'll not be awarded of it right? exclude a folder both count for checking files alredy in (writed on reference file) but will also exclude that folder for checking new files in there. right?

Except that the image folders are a favorite taget for hackers to drop executable in, yes. You will want to keep an eye on them.

Edited by mdtaylorlrim

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

Hi people

I am running AutoBackup Database in Admin conrib http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2314

apparently it is using

microtime_float()

also so when I go into config I get the following error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare microtime_float() (previously declared in /home/home/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/auto_backup_db.php:60) in /home/home/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 396

I am going to try to disable the in the sitemonitor_functions.php on line 396 and see what happens

If anyone has any input on this matter it would be appreciated.

Thanks so much

Edited by maxemus

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare microtime_float() (previously declared in /home/home/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/auto_backup_db.php:60)

To save time and trouble, please always remember that google search is your friend.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

don't seem to make a difference

Oh what would the purpose of the Delete Reference file option

If you removed the function from either of the contributions, it had to have made a difference so you must not have done that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you removed the function from either of the contributions, it had to have made a difference so you must not have done that.

I think I commentes out the statement as per the commented out /* */ as seen in the below code I coppied and pasted into this window.

/* function microtime_float() //just used for testing
{
   list($usec, $sec) = explode(" ", microtime());
   return ((float)$usec + (float)$sec);
} */

As far as I know that's commented out.

The question becomes what affect is this going to have.

I think I commentes out the statement as per the commented out /* */ as seen in the below code I coppied and pasted into this window.

As far as I know that's commented out.

The question becomes what affect is this going to have.

Yes, that comments it out. The problem is that there can only be one function in the whole of admin with that name. So if you commented it out and are still having the problem, then there must be a third instance of it in there. You should download your admin section and search all of the files for "function microtime_float," deleting all instances except for one.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello

Installed and seems to be working fine, thanks very much.

EXCEPT: When I 'Manually Check for Hacked Files', I get

Hacked files found

includes/modules/payment/paypal_standard.php

I've visually compared my local and remote versions of that file and there is no difference. Hacking seems unlikely as I've only had this test shop installed for 24 hours, with the 'catalog' folder password protected.

What's going on then? <_<

*** Found an answer to the above in another thread, 'Possible Hacks?' ***

Or, for others that have this question, just read the instructions on the SiteMonitor page in admin or read back through this thread where it has been addressed several times.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hiya,

I have just installed the easy add-on, but I am having this message come up when I click the configure section:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare microtime_float() (previously declared in mysite.com/admin/includes/auto_backup_db.php:60) in mysite.com/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 396

When I click any other the update buttons I am also getting similar Fatal Errors?

Edited by Whiskers

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare microtime_float() (previously declared in mysite.com/admin/includes/auto_backup_db.php:60) in mysite.com/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 396

Please follow these instructions to the letter to find the fix:

Get a firm grip on your mouse, select the scroll bar and scroll up a few posts.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Please follow these instructions to the letter to find the fix:

Get a firm grip on your mouse, select the scroll bar and scroll up a few posts.

Do you mean this?:

/* function microtime_float() //just used for testing{ list($usec, $sec) = explode(" ", microtime()); return ((float)$usec + (float)$sec);} */

Take that out of the sitemonitor_functions.php?