• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

You need to click on the first button to delete the reference file and set up a new one.

Jack

Did that, clicked on the first button and got the blank page again. Then clicked back on browser, clicked on second button. same thing. went back again and clicked on third button it gave me the a list of files like before.

BTW, nono of those times i got an email...

:( what should i do as this is an important issue: I think i have the <iframe> malware and must know when it changes files (if fixes did not work...)

Installed contributions:

Ultimate_SEO, Article Manager 1.5, Dynamic SiteMap 2.0, Infopages, Google SiteMap XMl w/admin 2.1, HeaderTagControler 2.6.1, FCKosc 2.21, X-sell 2.3, Google Analytics Modul, All Products, Page Cache 1.5, EasyPopulate2.7d, Multi Product Manager 2.5, Define Main Page, and probably few others...

It could be that's it's timing out. Try excluding everything ecept for one small directory. If it works, that is the problem. If not and the configuation is correct, then it is most likely a server issue.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It could be that's it's timing out. Try excluding everything ecept for one small directory. If it works, that is the problem. If not and the configuation is correct, then it is most likely a server issue.

Jack

I tested it in 2 ways:

1. Excluded ALL of the direcories - leaving only the files in the ROOT: same symptom.

2. Modified the "Start Directory" to a smaller one (with out any subcats') still same symptom.

What do you think would be the SERVER ISSUE; Permissions? I can post my server config details here (its a shared one..)?

Installed contributions:

Ultimate_SEO, Article Manager 1.5, Dynamic SiteMap 2.0, Infopages, Google SiteMap XMl w/admin 2.1, HeaderTagControler 2.6.1, FCKosc 2.21, X-sell 2.3, Google Analytics Modul, All Products, Page Cache 1.5, EasyPopulate2.7d, Multi Product Manager 2.5, Define Main Page, and probably few others...

I tested it in 2 ways:

1. Excluded ALL of the direcories - leaving only the files in the ROOT: same symptom.

2. Modified the "Start Directory" to a smaller one (with out any subcats') still same symptom.

What do you think would be the SERVER ISSUE; Permissions? I can post my server config details here (its a shared one..)?

Server support isn't something covered here. You will need to ask you host to look at the problem. You could also try installing it into a new, blank shop to be sure it is not an installation problem. Of course, if it is the server causing the problem, you won't know if that is what it is or if you are making the same mistake again.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

My exclusion list includeds "admin/backups"

but i just created a backup and on the email i get "Found a new file named admin/backups/db_20090731214640.sql.gz", what is wrong?

Yes is listed in the reference file but is on the exclude list. And now its very slow, if there are no changed file is very fast if i change one file, and i run the script, it just opens a blank page.

I seem to recall a problem with one site that had files with invalid names, like "abc def.php." Such files will cause the code to fail, most likely. You need to exclude everything except one directory with one file (make one up) and test it. If it is still slow, then it is something on your server. If it runs fine, remove one of the directories from the exclude list and try again. keep going until you find the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Jack, thanks for anothert great contribution. I have double checked the file changes of what is a very easy installation, but I am receiving the following error on SiteMonitor>Admin:

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home2/doubled1/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 99

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home2/doubled1/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 101

Reference file creation failed.

Your assistance is appreciated as always.

Larry

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory

Is "username" your user name?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi,

i have been using this great contribution for about a month and all was working fine until today i noticed i can't delete the reference files. Screen goes blank after pressing the button. i changed my admin password and updated that a few days ago and it worked fine after.

dont remember if this "catalog/admin/quarantine" was default but is in my exclude box?

worse i see new files i dont think i added but may be apart of oscommerce? for example:

Found a new file named admin/images/categories/tools.gif

Found a new file named admin/images/ani_send_email.gif

Found a new file named admin/images/cal_close_small.gif

Found a new file named admin/images/cal_date_down.gif

Found a new file named admin/images/cal_date_over.gif

Found a new file named admin/images/cal_date_up.gif

Found a new file named admin/images/cal_del_small.gif

Found a new file named admin/images/graph_hbar_blue.gif

Found a new file named admin/images/graph_hbar_red.gif

Found a new file named admin/images/header_administration.gif

Found a new file named admin/images/header_checkout.gif

Found a new file named admin/images/header_support.gif

Found a new file named admin/images/icon_arrow_right.gif

Any ideas?

note: i added admin/images to the exclude for a minute then removed it to test.

If you can't delete the reference file, the rest probably won't work correctly. If you can't delete it manually (from the server), then that is a server issue and you need to talk to your host. It you can, I can't think of any reason why it would just fail from the script. Be sure you are using the top Update button in SiteMonitor admin. Other than that, it seems it would have to be a server problem. This is especially likely if you didn't change anything and it stopped working. In that case, your host probably made some change that is causing the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you can't delete the reference file, the rest probably won't work correctly. If you can't delete it manually (from the server), then that is a server issue and you need to talk to your host. It you can, I can't think of any reason why it would just fail from the script. Be sure you are using the top Update button in SiteMonitor admin. Other than that, it seems it would have to be a server problem. This is especially likely if you didn't change anything and it stopped working. In that case, your host probably made some change that is causing the problem.

Jack

Thanks Jack I will uninstall then install again and if the problem persist then I will contact my host.

Jack, thanks for anothert great contribution. I have double checked the file changes of what is a very easy installation, but I am receiving the following error on SiteMonitor>Admin:

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home2/doubled1/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 99

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home2/doubled1/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 101

Reference file creation failed.

Your assistance is appreciated as always.

Larry

First off I just wanted to say that I am new here. I hope I can jump in and out to help people along the way. I'm not an expert of OScommerce, I'm actually pretty new but I learn quickly.

Larry,

Check your root directory. Go into your backend (Admin side). Click on 'SiteMonitor' and then click on 'Configure.' Make sure that your 'Start Directory' is the correct root directory for your website(shop). Fix it if it's incorrect and update. Then go to the next step (Click on 'Admin' under 'SiteMonitor' and click on the first Update 'Delete Reference File'.). This should fix your problem.

Best Regards,

Devin

Hi there,

As a few have already mentioned within this thread that they've just recieved "Reference file creation failed." by itself when pressing either of the 3 update buttons for the first time. I've also just experienced the same problem, but cannot work out what it's problem is (others mentioned it was to do with it not being configured properly)

Admin User, Password, Directory seem fine (although I do have .htaccess to get to the admin page - is that a problem?)

My Start Directory is the only thing I'm a bit iffy about - having changed username to be the username i log into my web host with - this should also be correct!

Any help would be much appreciated, I think this tool would be very useful indeed (if I managed to get it working :D)

Thanks in advance,

Lee

I wouldn't suggest using the admin login method unless you have to. What is the actual failure message you receive? What is the start directory setting?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It's saying home/MyActual Username/public_html isn't valid. Go to admin->tools->Database Backup and the correct path is displayed there. Is it the same (except for the admin part)?

Jack

Aloha Jack,

Excellent contribution but I had to read through the posts until I found the above instruction to get it to work. I had no idea what home/username/public_html meant. I called my host and they were clueless. I suggest in future instructions to add the above instruction so that it helps newbies like me. After I did this SiteMonitor works like a champ. Mahalo.

The next version will set that automatically. Although, any host that doesn't know what the server path is can't really call themselves a host. I can only thing they must not have understood the question.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The next version will set that automatically. Although, any host that doesn't know what the server path is can't really call themselves a host. I can only thing they must not have understood the question.

Jack

I was talking to some person from a foreign country and she wanted me to wait on the line while she tried to figure it out and I figured it would be simply easier to read through all the posts in this thread and told her to forget it, and sure enough around page 10 there was the answer. Finding the answer to a problem is probably somewhere in some forum on this site if one has the patience and determination to find it. As Sam just recently told me when I asked him a question, 'Free doesn't mean there isn't any work involved' or something similar.

It's saying home/MyActual Username/public_html isn't valid. Go to admin->tools->Database Backup and the correct path is displayed there. Is it the same (except for the admin part)?

Jack

sorry for the lame question but where is it displayed?? i really want to get this set up :)

thanks

tracy

I'm trying to use but but can't seem to work something out

Followed the instructions to set it up

Config Below:

Always Email: Yes

Quarantine Files: No

Verbose: Yes

Log File: Yes

Log File Size: 100000

Delete Reference File: Blank

To: My email

Start Directory: /home/cezandco/cezandco.co.uk

Admin Directory: http://cezandco.co.uk/admin

Admin Username: my username

Admin Password: my password

Exclude List: "admin/quarantine", "cgi-bin", "admin/backups", "images", "awstats"

When i ran it for the first time via the admin panel it says no mismatches, but any further running it by cron shows every file as being new, and every file as being deleted, even those on the excluded list. Running it via the admin panel shows it as no mismatches

The cron is set to run hourly using the following

/usr/local/php5/bin/php /home/cezandco/cezandco.co.uk/admin/sitemonitor.php

Any idea when cron is giving different result to the admin?

If the code is working when running manually, then the code is operating as it should. So it would seem to be a problem with cron but I can't think what that might be. I suggest removing the curl login, unless that is required, and excluding everything except for one small directory. If it works at that point, you can make changes and locate the problem. If it still fails, it is probably server related and I don't have a way of testing that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I think i've found the source of the problem. For some reason when ran by cron its trying to read the references file from / instead of /cezandco/cezandco.co.uk/admin

Once i'd copied the file from admin and put it into root it ran fine, though it seems to be ignoring the backups directory and reporting new files in it when its not supposed to

Edited by desbrina

Then you've made a mistake in the installation since SiteMonitor, and all of its files, should be in admin.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons