• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

This contribution doesn't prevent hacking in any way. It is just menat to monitor the files for changes so that you know someting was changed.

Jack

I Know Jack, and thank you for the great job with this, but the contribution wasa saying there are no modification to the site when all the files and filders were 777 and most php files had that code in them

Then something is preventing SiteMonitor from functioning correctly. Did you test it when it was first installed by making some change to a moniotred file? Did it ever work? If a hacker has been able to get into your admin, then there is a serius security issue that needs to be taken care of since they should not be able to do that, assuming your admin is secured.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If I understand this correctly, I run the "Execute Sitemonitor" from within Admin and a list is generated to show what has changed since the last 'Delete Reference File' was executed. However every time I do this all I get is the same number of files changed as the previous manual execution. Even if nothing has changed with the files (that I have done). Is there any settings that I may have missed that will help me out or is it best to scrap and retry?

Nav

I seem to recall someone else posting this problem in this thread but I don't recall if a solution was found. Try actually deleting the reference file from the server. Then try clicking the top Update button and then the middle or bottom one. You should receive two emails, both error free.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Then something is preventing SiteMonitor from functioning correctly. Did you test it when it was first installed by making some change to a moniotred file? Did it ever work? If a hacker has been able to get into your admin, then there is a serius security issue that needs to be taken care of since they should not be able to do that, assuming your admin is secured.

Jack

Is very unlikely a hacker gain access to the admin control panel, the admin folder is password protected and then is the usual admin password protection. Site monitor works, the night I noticed the error, and first file I found was general.php so I restore it from a backup, then I run the site monitor and it did detect the general.php was different (my copy), then I found out that most of the file were corrupt so i just restore all the file.

Again excellent contribution Jack, I didn’t want to sound like your contribution was not working. Anyway I went back to version 1.5 because the 1.7 keep sending 2 emails. Is 1.7 better on detecting the changed files, should I just install 1.7 and live with the fact that I'm receiving 2 emails? I check every post for a solution and it is mentioned few times but the solutions are not helping me, I think is to do with the quarantine folder keep showing in the excluding list but the option is not selected.

I seem to recall someone else posting this problem in this thread but I don't recall if a solution was found. Try actually deleting the reference file from the server. Then try clicking the top Update button and then the middle or bottom one. You should receive two emails, both error free.

Jack

Worked for me, and it got rid of the 2 emails sent. Thanks Jack.

Nav

Im having a problem with site monitor every time I try to run the "Delete Reference File" I get this error

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /hsphere/local/home/ejvj69/flawnt.net/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 198

Why am I getting this error? this prevents me from actually running/executing site monitor.

OK nevermind, jack, my own noobness is amazing lol. I didn't exclude many directories so it was timing out, but its all set now.

Thanks again for the advice!

J

Im having the same problem you were having with Site Monitor timing out can you tell my how I can go about fixing this problem so it won't time out and I can actually delete the reference file and execute site monitor.

Thank you I would appreciate any help/information.

Hi,

I just uploaded SiteMonitor and all is well except I don't receive any e-mails.

The message says it is sent but I never get any. Is there an issue if your email server requires a password? THe regular e-mail form on my site works but not this one...

Any pointers would be appreciated!!!

Regards

Ed

Be sure the option to send email is enabled. Other than that, nothing else is needed.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Thanks for replying. Yes the "Always Email" box is ticked. Is there anything else I might be missing?

Ed

Be sure the option to send email is enabled. Other than that, nothing else is needed.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Still pulling my hair out with the e-mail problem. I am wondering if the problem might be due to the SMTP Authentication Contribution that I use for e-mail. It has an altered verion of email.php but it works fine if I send email from admin or contact_us forms. But not from SiteMonitor.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ed

SiteMonitor uses the servers mail function. If it doesn't work, there is something wrong on your site or the server. I don't have any way of helping with that since it is server specific.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

SiteMonitor uses the servers mail function. If it doesn't work, there is something wrong on your site or the server. I don't have any way of helping with that since it is server specific.

Jack

Yes you were right... problem sorted.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, even to stupid questions...

Regards

Ed

Hi,

I have installed according to you v1.7, and allowed the files to show in the admin section.

I have edited the configure file and updated it.

Went to the admin file and clicked on the first button - I was redirected to the same page (sitemonitor_admin.php) but now showing a blank/empty one. Does the same for both other buttons.

looked for this symptom in the forum but with out any luck.

Any one can help?

Thanks!

Installed contributions:

Ultimate_SEO, Article Manager 1.5, Dynamic SiteMap 2.0, Infopages, Google SiteMap XMl w/admin 2.1, HeaderTagControler 2.6.1, FCKosc 2.21, X-sell 2.3, Google Analytics Modul, All Products, Page Cache 1.5, EasyPopulate2.7d, Multi Product Manager 2.5, Define Main Page, and probably few others...

What happens when you click on the third update button? What is the start directory in the settings set to?

Jack

(that was fast, Thanks!)

What happens when you click on the third update button? --> gave a blank page: sitemonitor.php

What is the start directory in the settings set to? --> the file system root directory of the catalog:

/hostingfolder/hostingfolder/hostingfolder/hostingfolder/ShopFolderRoot

(it was propagated from automatically, i just checked it)

Sharon

Edited by sukarya

Installed contributions:

Ultimate_SEO, Article Manager 1.5, Dynamic SiteMap 2.0, Infopages, Google SiteMap XMl w/admin 2.1, HeaderTagControler 2.6.1, FCKosc 2.21, X-sell 2.3, Google Analytics Modul, All Products, Page Cache 1.5, EasyPopulate2.7d, Multi Product Manager 2.5, Define Main Page, and probably few others...

(that was fast, Thanks!)

What happens when you click on the third update button? --> gave a blank page: sitemonitor.php

What is the start directory in the settings set to? --> the file system root directory of the catalog:

/hostingfolder/hostingfolder/hostingfolder/hostingfolder/ShopFolderRoot

(it was propagated from automatically, i just checked it)

Sharon

I uploaded and re-edited the files once more. now, after clicking the third button once, i get the list of file list: with: "Found a new file named" AND "Found a deleted file named"

any Ideas?

Installed contributions: