• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

I may have posted too soon. I added some new products this afternoon and now sitemonitor is timing out again. It won't delete the reference file and it won't run manually. I even went back and told it to exclude the entire admin directory with no luck.

Tim

You may have some directory that has a lot of files in it that is slowing it down. Try excluding all major directories to see if it works. If it does, add them back in one at a time.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I tried again excluding admin. It works now. I may have left the trailing / last time.

I took admin out and excluded images. It worked again. I took out the images and excluded "includes". it worked again.

Took out includes and excluded admin/images. This was not enough to get it working.

Seems that is my problem-- too many files. Hard to believe I have that many more than everyone else. Or is it a time setting on my server?

Just not sure what folders to exclude. I surely don't want to exclude images. Would you suggest the admin directory? It is after all, password protected and less likely to be accessed.

Yes, admin is the least likely to be hacked since it is protected. Plus, if a hacker can get into your admin, you will most likely have much bigger problems.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you for all your time Jack.

I think this contribution is the one that gives me the most peace of mind. Without it, I could never be sure my files were not altered.

Tim

Yes, admin is the least likely to be hacked since it is protected. Plus, if a hacker can get into your admin, you will most likely have much bigger problems.

Jack

Hi,

I installed SiteMonitor, and when I tried on SiteMonitor Admin, clicking on any Update button it gave me this error;

Warning: fopen(sitemonitor_reference.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/user/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 244

Failed to open file sitemonitor_reference.php

And when I use Configure menu and click excluded folders, it show this error;

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/user/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 280

Cannot change the mode of file (/home/user/public_html/catalog/admin/sitemonitor_configure.php)

How to fix these problem?

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

I installed SiteMonitor, and when I tried on SiteMonitor Admin, clicking on any Update button it gave me this error;

Those are server related problems. There were some fixes mentioned in this thread, I think, but you will probably need to ask your host to adjust the settings.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Those are server related problems. There were some fixes mentioned in this thread, I think, but you will probably need to ask your host to adjust the settings.

Jack

Thank you very much for your fast response. I'll try to fix that :)

Hi again,

I've asked my host and this is their reply;

This is occurring due to some PHP Functions disabled on sever which can cause hacking. Ask your script provider which php functions should be allowed for the script so that we can investigate it further.

So I don't know how to go further.

I use webhostingworld.net

Apologies if this has already been solved but i cant seem to find a solution. I have placed the files on the server and gone into the backend to the configure page. when i fill in the details and select areas to exclude3. i cant add an area becuase it says

"Not added since parent of this location already exists in the list."

The list is empty and when i try just placing "" in the box it says

Warning: file(/xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/xxxx/adminsitemonitor_configure.php) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /xxxx/xxx/xxxxxx/xxxxs/xxx/admin/sitemonitor_configure_setup.php on line 194

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /xxxx/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 280

Cannot change the mode of file (/xxxxx/adminsitemonitor_configure.php)

the xxxx are just ommited data i cant help but notice "adminsitemonitor_configure.php" i think this should be "admin\sitemonitor_configure.php" but i cant find where to change it

any helkp would be apreciatied

Hi again,

I've asked my host and this is their reply;

So I don't know how to go further.

I use webhostingworld.net

Allowing fopen should be enough, I think. If there are problems with restrictions to writing files (fwrite) that would have to be allowed too.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

the xxxx are just ommited data i cant help but notice "adminsitemonitor_configure.php" i think this should be "admin\sitemonitor_configure.php" but i cant find where to change it

Yes, you are correct. There appears to be a problem with the way your configure.php file is set up.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I've asked my host about error on fopen. Still waiting for their reply.

But for error of this:

when I use Configure menu and click excluded folders, it show this error;

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/user/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 280

Cannot change the mode of file (/home/user/public_html/catalog/admin/sitemonitor_configure.php)

I tried to change sitemonitor_configure.php file to chmod 666 and it works without any error appeared. Is this the correct way to fix this problem? I do hope it won't effect on any security.

Thank you very much in advance. I'll see next if my host could help me about fopen and fwrite.

Thank you very, very much again. I'd just don't want to skip one of the finest anti-hackers contributions around :)

Setting the permissions like that is fine assuming your admin is password protected.

Jack

Thank you very much for your answer :)

My host is also already fixed the problem too. Now everything works perfectly! Thank you for your support so much!

Hi, I have Site Monitor installed. The reference file got created. When I ran it the second time, I got an accurate list of everything that had been modified. Now I'm trying to delete the reference file and create a new one and the system won't let me.

I've searched this thread adn found that I should make sure that my path was written properly. I did check admin -> Modules and yes they match. I also made sure to leave the curl admin path, username and password field empty. I've changed permissions on the reference file etc... nothing will do.

It won't delete the already created file and create a new one when clicking on the UPDATE button of the Delete Reference File, I get a blank page and receive an email notification of what has been modified since the first reference page was created.

When I click on the Execute Sitemonitor update button, the same thing happens, I get the blank page and a similar email.

When I click the Manually Execute Sitemonitor, I get the list of all that's been modified on screen and get an email.

I've tried deleting the Reference file to force Site monitor to create a new one but I get an error message taht the file is missing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

It sounds like a permissions setting problem on your server. The reference file isn't required to be present since it will be created from scratch if not present. I wonder how it was created initially but won't now? Maybe some permissions settings were changed in the meantime?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It sounds like a permissions setting problem on your server. The reference file isn't required to be present since it will be created from scratch if not present. I wonder how it was created initially but won't now? Maybe some permissions settings were changed in the meantime?

Jack

I changed the permissions to 777 on sitemonitor.php, sitemonitor_admin.php, sitemonitor_configure.php and sitemonitor_reference.php and also the text file and I'm still having the same issues. I'm on php 5 and mySQL 5 and if I remember correctly, a Windows server. Does any of this makes sense?

Thank you so much for your help... much appreciated.

You can try replacing the sitemonitor_configure.php and sitemonitor_configure_setup.php files. Since it worked initally, something must have changed. So reverting back to the original install and trying again may point to the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You can try replacing the sitemonitor_configure.php and sitemonitor_configure_setup.php files. Since it worked initally, something must have changed. So reverting back to the original install and trying again may point to the problem.

Jack

ok... I replaced all of those files and deleted the sitemonitor_reference.php file to have the whole thing create a new one and I get this error:

Failed to open file sitemonitor_reference.php

what permissions should I have on each files... I've tried so many different things that I was sure I had tried everything, but it's still not working. I figured out what i Had done the first time, I clicked on teh Manually Execute and that's how the file got created. Having a duh, not so fun moment... :blink:

I have these permissions at the moment;

sitemonitor.php - 644

sitemonitor_admin.php - 644

sitemonitor_configure.php - 777

sitemonitor_configure_setup.php - 644

sitemonitor_log.txt - 644

and what should the permission be on the reference file for when I manage to create one.

Thanks again for the help.

I'm including all of the steps I took in case someone runs into the same issue

I searched this thread and in case this info would be helpful, I have checked:

Goto admin->Tools->Server Info and search for "allow_url_fopen." It is set to on

I verified and triple check my start path and it's accurate...

I tried to create the file sitemonitor_reference.php as mentionned in this thread and set permissions to 777 and the sitemonitor_admin.php refreshed and this appeared just beneath the "Delete the reference file and create a new one."

1139 mismatches were found. Run the script manually or see the email for the actual mismatches.

Then I stumbled upon a note referring to changing the permissions on the whole "admin" directory and it finally worked. I got this message:

sitemonitor_reference.php has been deleted!

First time ran. Reference file was created and saved.

But that part is a bit scary to me... even if the folder is password protected... So I'm thinking to add myself a note on the sitemonitor_admin.php page to change my permissions on that folder before I run Site Monitor and change it back once I'm done. Or am I overreacting or is there another solution that I am not thinking of?

Thansk again.

Then I stumbled upon a note referring to changing the permissions on the whole "admin" directory and it finally worked. I got this message:

But that part is a bit scary to me... even if the folder is password protected... So I'm thinking to add myself a note on the sitemonitor_admin.php page to change my permissions on that folder before I run Site Monitor and change it back once I'm done. Or am I overreacting or is there another solution that I am not thinking of?

You shouldn't have to change the permissions for the whole directory but it shows it is a permissions problem as mentioned. You may want to ask your host for help. Explain the script won't run unless you change all of the permissions. Some hosts will fix that. Some won't. But ignoring that for a moment, SiteMonitor isn't of a lot of use if you have to run it manually. It should be set to run daily and automatically and that won't work in your situation.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You shouldn't have to change the permissions for the whole directory but it shows it is a permissions problem as mentioned. You may want to ask your host for help. Explain the script won't run unless you change all of the permissions. Some hosts will fix that. Some won't. But ignoring that for a moment, SiteMonitor isn't of a lot of use if you have to run it manually. It should be set to run daily and automatically and that won't work in your situation.

Jack

How do I explain that to them? I mean, as far as I know they are not all that knowledgeable when it comes to php and osC so what should I tell them when it comes to this? Explaining the script won't run unless I change all permissions doesn't tell me much and I don't know how much it will tell them. I guess I'm a bit clueless but I don't understand what in this contribution makes it so as I've never encountered the issue in such a way. Normally, when I've encountered permission issue, it was something I had done or should modify for it work. I know I'm probably asking a lot but if you could explain a bit that would truly be helpful.

Thanks

This contribution needs to be able to write to the files in admin. Most contributions write to the database, where permissions are not an issue. The permissions settings are what allows the files to be written to but there are also server settings that will allow/prevent that too. But without a host that can support you on such problems, you are probably going to be out of luck.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

I've installed Site Monitor v1.7 for the first time I think the installation went well. Im a beginner to osCommerce so Im still learning.

What I want to know is what do i do after I have installed the contribution. How do I run Site Monitor manually to see if its running properly. I don't see a button that allows me to run it manually or am I missing something.

Thank you for any information.