• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

Thanks..it's working

Lol...you have to update your instructions... >_<

Hi guys. i am a novice and have just installed site monitor _v_1_7 - it installed ok but as soon as I run it I get the following :

PHP Warning: opendir(wwwroot/catalog/admin/includes) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in C:\Domains\hartsphoto.co.za\wwwroot\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sitemonitor_functions.php on line 99 PHP Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in C:\Domains\hartsphoto.co.za\wwwroot\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sitemonitor_functions.php on line 101

PLease help :-)

It's saying the initial directory is not correct or can't be found. Please post your sitemonitor_configure.php file, minus the username/password if you use those.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It's saying the initial directory is not correct or can't be found. Please post your sitemonitor_configure.php file, minus the username/password if you use those.

Jack

Here it is : ( my site is www.hartsphoto.co.za )

<?php

/************** THE OPTIONS AND SETTINGS ****************/

$always_email = 1; //set to 1 to always email the results

$verbose = 1; //set to 1 to see the results displayed on the page (for when running manually)

$logfile = 1; //set to 1 to see to track results in a log file

$logfile_size = 100000; //set the maximum size of the logfile

$reference_reset = 0; //delete the reference file this many days apart

$quarantine = 0; //set to 1 to move new files found to the quarantine directory

$to = 'some_address@your_domain.com'; //where email is sent to

$from = 'From: some_address@your_domain.com'; //where email is sent from

$start_dir = '/home/username/public_html'; //your shops root

$admin_dir = 'http://www.yourdomain.com/admin'; //your shops admin

$admin_username = 'username'; //your admin username

$admin_password = 'password'; //your admin password

$excludeList = array("admin/quarantine", "cgi-bin","admin"); //don't check these directories - change to your liking - must be set prior to first run

?>

Sorry here is the correct one :-)

<?php

/************** THE OPTIONS AND SETTINGS ****************/

$always_email = 1; //set to 1 to always email the results

$verbose = 1; //set to 1 to see the results displayed on the page (for when running manually)

$logfile = 1; //set to 1 to see to track results in a log file

$logfile_size = 100000; //set the maximum size of the logfile

$reference_reset = 0; //delete the reference file this many days apart

$quarantine = 0; //set to 1 to move new files found to the quarantine directory

$to = '[email protected]'; //where email is sent to

$from = 'From: [email protected]'; //where email is sent from

$start_dir = 'wwwroot/catalog/admin/includes'; //your shops root

$admin_dir = ' www.hartsphoto.co.za'; //your shops admin

$admin_username = ''; //your admin username

$admin_password = ''; //your admin password

$excludeList = array("catalog/admin/quarantine", "admin/quarantine", "cgi-bin","admin"); //don't check these directories - change to your liking - must be set prior to first run

?>

I think, on a Windows server, you need the full path for the start dir setting. So try

C:/Domains/hartsphoto.co.za/wwwroot/catalog/admin

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I think, on a Windows server, you need the full path for the start dir setting. So try

C:/Domains/hartsphoto.co.za/wwwroot/catalog/admin

Jack

Thats seems to have worked thank you :-) Once I run it, what doe sit actually do ? Do I receive an email when a file is changed ? Do I have to manuallly look at some sort of reference file ?

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

When i try to execute site monitor or delete a reference file i get

Warning: opendir(C:/Domains/pleazurecity.com/wwwroot//admin) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/www/pleazurecity.com/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 99

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/www/pleazurecity.com/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 101

Reference file creation failed.

also when i go to site monitor config and when i try to update my settings i get

Warning: opendir(/home/www/pleazurecity.com/catalog/images/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home/www/pleazurecity.com/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 168

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/www/pleazurecity.com/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 170

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/www/pleazurecity.com/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 182

Warning: opendir(/home/www/pleazurecity.com/catalog/Images/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home/www/pleazurecity.com/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 168

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/www/pleazurecity.com/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 170

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/www/pleazurecity.com/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 182

And when i downloaded this contribution my admin kinda changed everything is capitalized and it says box heading in front of all the categories heres the link to the pic belowI would appreciate someones help.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a193/Sha...pg?t=1232391958

It's not finding your 'catalog' before it gets to the 'admin' part of your URL. Check your configure file settings (and/or the URL setting in the program).

also...

What are the permissions set to on your catalog/images directory?

the permission are set to 777. and i have no catalog directory. i installed my oscommerce directly on my website. if your not understanding me like if i want to go to my admin of my store i go to mysite.com/admin instead of mysite.com/catalog/admin.

Gotcha!

also when i go to site monitor config and when i try to update my settings i get

Warning: opendir(/home/www/pleazurecity.com/catalog/images/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home/www/pleazurecity.com/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 168

It's still in there somewhere...you'll have to find out where it's still calling for the 'catalog' even though you don't use it.

Sorry I can't help you with the harder part. :(

And when i downloaded this contribution my admin kinda changed everything is capitalized and it says box heading in front of all the categories heres the link to the pic belowI would appreciate someones help.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a193/Sha...pg?t=1232391958

This sounds like you replaced your admin/includes/languages/english.php file with the includes/languages/english.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This sounds like you replaced your admin/includes/languages/english.php file with the includes/languages/english.php file.

Jack

Thank you jack for answering my question. but why When i try to execute site monitor or delete a reference file i get

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/www/pleazurecity.com/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 99

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/www/pleazurecity.com/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 101

Warning: opendir(/home/www/pleazurecity.com/catalog/Images/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home/www/pleazurecity.com/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 168

Exactly what do i need to do to get this thing running properly can anyone help?

Thank you jack for answering my question. but why When i try to execute site monitor or delete a reference file i get

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/www/pleazurecity.com/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 99

Is username your actual username?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Then there appears to be a problem with your server setup since it shows the path as home/www/pleazurecity.com/admin, which doesn't inlcude username in it and it should. You'll need to talk to your host to get that problem resolved.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Just show them the error you are getting and mention that the problem seems to be related to the username. As long as it is not a error in the setup, it should be their problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack, I had sitemonitor set up and working. I got up this morning and found that sitemonitor had deleted my intire site. (Luckily I had a Backup)

What setting do you suppose I have tinkered with to cause this? I had it setup on a cron job but I deleted the cron until I can figure out what I did wrong.

Thanks, Rickey

Warning: opendir(/www/hazebuster.com/s/catalog) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /mnt/w0503/d19/s34/b02d0062/www/mysite.com/s/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 99

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /mnt/w0503/d19/s34/b02d0062/www/mysite.com/s/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 101

Here's my error messages when clicking that top button in "Site Monitor, Admin".

Any clues Jack?

I gave full permissions temporarily to this file and directory, just to see if it was a permission issue, but to no avail.

It seems to be failing because of the path. Try going to admin->Tools->Database Backups and seeing what the path is there (it will show on the page). That path is what you need to use.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons