• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

I get 4 emails. I don't know why 755 does not work either

Hi Jack:

I do like your contrib and am using it daily in a manual mode since I can't seem to get around the permissions thing. My question is this.

I ran it this am and it came back with the following:

TIME MISMATCH:

Time Mismatch on _vti_pvt/service.lck Last Changed on Wednesday, 19 Nov 2008 21:20:40 GMT

Everything else was good. What does this mean. Do I need to worry about it? The file with the mismatch has permission of 644, though accessed from the root. The folder it is in is a 755.

Thanks in advance

It means that file was changed from when you created the reference file. That file is part of Frontpage Extensions so you may have uploaded some change to your site using an html editor. If you can't find a reason as to why the file was changed, then you might want to compare it to an original. Although it is located in a hidden folder so it is unlikley a hacker got to it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It means that file was changed from when you created the reference file. That file is part of Frontpage Extensions so you may have uploaded some change to your site using an html editor. If you can't find a reason as to why the file was changed, then you might want to compare it to an original. Although it is located in a hidden folder so it is unlikley a hacker got to it.

Jack

Thanks Jack:

Not sure how it got changed. the file is empty and I have not used front page for anything on my site since i used it to build an info page.

I deleted and made a new ref file to start over

A new version has been uploaded containing the following changes:

- Fixed mistake in cron instructions

- Added code to read using curl. This could be a security problem so read the note in the install doc.

- Rewrote much of the file handling code. Should fix the problem some people are having.

- Changed many of the mysql calls to work with mysql 5.

- Made code changes that should improve speed.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

- Added code to read using curl. This could be a security problem so read the note in the install doc.

- Rewrote much of the file handling code. Should fix the problem some people are having.

Jack

Hi Jack:

What do I have to do to get the exclusion drop down list to work. I see the button, but when I click it, it is blank.

Thanks again

Jim

The only thing I can think of is the start path is entered wrong. It should be something like this:

/home/username/public_html

assuming it is a Linux server.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The only thing I can think of is the start path is entered wrong. It should be something like this:
/home/username/public_html

assuming it is a Linux server.

Jack

It is a Linux server. I am assuming you mean the information entered in the Start Directory information box on the Configure Control Page of SiteMonitor.

That is exactly the same information as what the host says the root directory of my shop is.

/hsphere/local/home/username/websitedomain.com.

So what else do I need to look at?

Right now all that is in the exclude selector is Make selection and a down arrow. When I press the arrow, the box is empty. I am assuming (again) that this should show a directory of the site starting with the root and working into it showing all the directories and files.

Thanks

Jim

What the following set to in your admin/includes/configure.php file:

DIR_WS_ADMIN

DIR_FS_ADMIN

DIR_WS_CATALOG

DIR_FS_CATALOG

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

What the following set to in your admin/includes/configure.php file:

DIR_WS_ADMIN

DIR_FS_ADMIN

DIR_WS_CATALOG

DIR_FS_CATALOG

Jack

Hi Jack:

Thanks for getting back with me. Settings are as follows: (username replaced with username and site name replaced with mysite.com)

DIR_WS_ADMIN = '/admin/'

DIR_FS_ADMIN = '/hsphere/local/home/username/mysite.com/admin/'

DIR_WS_CATALOG = '/'

DIR_FS_CATALOG = '/hsphere/local/home/username/mysite.com/'

Hi Jack:

Thanks for getting back with me. Settings are as follows: (username replaced with username and site name replaced with mysite.com)

DIR_WS_ADMIN = '/admin/'

DIR_FS_ADMIN = '/hsphere/local/home/username/mysite.com/admin/'

DIR_WS_CATALOG = '/'

DIR_FS_CATALOG = '/hsphere/local/home/username/mysite.com/'

One more question.

I made some changes to my /admin/index.php file, but site monitor did not pick up any changes. Any idea why? I would have thought that at least the time changes would show up.

Jim

I can't see why that would fail. Try installing V 1.5. Does that work? Either way, what php version is your server using?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I can't see why that would fail. Try installing V 1.5. Does that work? Either way, what php version is your server using?

Jack

You're saying to use 1.5 instead of 1.6?

according to osCommerce, my server is using php 4.3.11. They say they are moving to php 5. I don't know what that means to me.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Jim

No, I'm saying to use 1.5 instead of 1.7. If you are using 1.6, then it could be a number of things since that version had a number of problems for some sites for some reason. If you haven't installed 1.7 at all, then that is the one you should try.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I finally got around to installing this much needed mod.

I installed the earlier version on 2 sites. If I upload a new image or modify a file and then run sitemonitor, it won't work. I can go back and write things down if needed, but some buttons cause a timeout and others cause it to hang then return an internal server error 500 and it also notes that there was a 404 error as well.

So I found you had updated the mod and I installed the new version on one site. it still hangs. As long as no changes are made, it will run. Just as soon as a file is added or changed, the mod fails to work.

Any ideas? My server config? Both sites are on the same server.

php 5.2.6

curl enabled

Tim

Jack

Hmm, that's strange. I can't think why it would do that except maybe the php version. I will install it into a shop on a server with php 5 and see if I get the same failure. I'll post here once I do that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

Whatever things you changed works great for me! I've had problems with sitemonitor and have not really done much with it. Now, I put on your newest version and ran it, after fixing a few errors that came up (my fault) it runs perfect! I went in and changed the name of a file and it caught it. Once again, you come through with some great work! I'm running PHP 5 by the way.

Steve

Edited by chimol

Steve

I appreciate all the help that everyone on this site has given me!

Hi,

one issue find:

sitemonitor_Log.txt will save to adding data code.

Warning: copy(sitemonitor_log_08_12_2008.txt) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in/home/shootvjg/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 67

WOuld you please advise asap?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Sunrise

Jack,

Quick question...most of the time I can creat a reference file with no problems, then there are times when I try and try and the request just times out. What could cause this? I'm thinking it's something going on with the host, but I'm no programmer either.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve

I appreciate all the help that everyone on this site has given me!

If it works at one time and not another, it is most likely that your server is busy. You could try cutting down on the number of files being monitored or try setting up the cron job to run when the server is not under a heavy load.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I have this contribution installed and I guess it's working fine. The only problem I have is when I go to sitemonitor>configure in admin. I make my changes and click update, I get this error at the top of the page:

FAILED: Exclude list does not begin with quotes.

I tried to remove the quotes from the exclude list but that didn't do any good.

Thanks, rickey