• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

What did I reply?

Jack

Try replacing your sitemonitor_configure.php file with the included one. It should set the path for you, which may be the problem. This assumes that SiteMonitor was working before. If not, that change probably won't help.

Jack

On post 256..

Tx in advance

OScommerce Rocks!

I just reinstalled the sitemonitor_configure.php file and think it fixed the ////////////////// problem. Hopefully this is working now.

Ok, now it's back...it's got something to do when I put in the home directory to start the search. I guess I'll have to figure out what the correct path should be. Right now it's going to

/vhosts/Mysite.COM/httpdocs

Look in the admin->Tools->Database Backups section. The correct path will be listed there (you have to remove the admin part though).

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Try replacing your sitemonitor_configure.php file with the included one. It should set the path for you, which may be the problem. This assumes that SiteMonitor was working before. If not, that change probably won't help.

Jack

On post 256..

Tx in advance

It's difficult to reply when you require me to jump around trying to figure out the question but, apparently, it has something to do with not deleting the reference file? What part of my reply are you not understanding?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

It's difficult to reply when you require me to jump around trying to figure out the question but, apparently, it has something to do with not deleting the reference file? What part of my reply are you not understanding?

Jack

I dont understand this part "Try replacing your sitemonitor_configure.php file with the included one."

You answer the question of lyonsperf below this post

What file is that on included one??? Sorry.. im a $$% noob...

Tx

Edited by Celebrimbor

OScommerce Rocks!

I dont understand this part "Try replacing your sitemonitor_configure.php file with the included one."

You answer the question of lyonsperf below this post

What file is that on included one??? Sorry.. im a $$% noob...

Tx

The contribution package includes the sitemonitor_configure.php file. So you would upload that to your admin directory and then set it up as mentioned in the install instrctions.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

Alright I am getting this error: Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /var/www/***********/cart/catalog/********/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 246

Cannot change the mode of file (/var/www/***********/cart/catalog/*********/sitemonitor_configure.php)

so how do I fix this?

This has been mentioned here before more than one. Please always use google to search for answers before posting.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/tackletr/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 102

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/tackletr/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 104

Reference file creation failed.

any ideas please

tia

mesac_god

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/tackletr/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 102

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/tackletr/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 104

Reference file creation failed.

any ideas please

tia

mesac_god

Did you upload the new files?

I've posted before; thanks to Jack, I finally got Site Monitor configured properly to run a while back.

Thing is...I ran it this evening and I'm seeing all kinds of new entries in the mysite.com/images folder

They're not images. No extensions...no .jpg or .gif or what you'd expect.

It reads like this:

Found a new file named images/articles

Found a new file named images/languages

Found a new file named images/currencies

Found a new file named images/categories_description

Found a new file named images/sessions

Found a new file named images/cache

Found a new file named images/discount_coupons

Found a new file named images/whos_online

Found a new file named images/configuration

And there's more. I type those filepaths in my browser and I end up with a blank page. They all have little file icons next to them when I look via Cpanel.

What is this?

- Andrea

There's no way to tell from here. You'll have to look at the actual items using an ftp program or a file manager. I doubt that they are from a hacker, given the names, but you should treat them as such until you find out what they are and how they got there.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack: Cpanel tells me nothing. My FTP client will only load so many files from the Images folder to look at so, I get nothing there, either.

All of the 'newly created' files are empty. Zero K in size. I just find it funny how they're there suddenly.

I don't think I've been hacked. I just don't understand where these files are coming from.

Very strange.

- Andrea

P.S. After installing Site Monitor, I also installed the IP Trap contrib. I've gotten nothing there, no one added to the blocked IP list. No emails. I don't know what it may be. It's just bizarre.

Ask your host to look at the files and see what they are. Also ask them to increase the limit for the number of files available via ftp. The default is 2,000 and you are probably over that, which is why you can't see all of the files.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I installed this contribution v1.6 on my test site and it works great, no problem there. I installed on my proper site and got some errors. I checked this forum and was able to correct most. For the remaining errors I see others have had similar errors but I can't find what they did to correct them.

Any help is appreciated. I also tried replacing with v1.5 but error did not go away. I tried excluding the catalog install file which is renamed by excluding it this way "catalog//install-****/" but error doesn't go away.

When I hit execute sitemonitor I get these errors written twice

Warning: opendir(/home2/myusername/public_html/catalog//install-3o4*****) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home2/myusername/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 102

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home2/myusername/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 104

When I hit the manual sitemonitor I get these errors written once

Warning: opendir(/home2/lmyusername/public_html/catalog//install-3o4****) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home2/myusername/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 102

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home2/myusername/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 104

No new files found...

No deleted files found...

No size differences found...

Time Mismatch on easymap.php Last Changed on Tuesday, 11 Nov 2008 09:56:51 GMT

No permissions mismatches found...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sitemonitor ran on November 11, 2008, 5:10 am

Total mismatches found were 1

Total files being monitored is 2160

Email sent to shop owner.

admin/Configure gives following errors

Warning: opendir(/home2/myusername/public_html/catalog/install-3o45t7n3408/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home2/myusername/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 172

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home2/myusername/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 174

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home2/myusername/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 186

Again any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Alexandra

Edited by artstyle

First, there's a mistake in your configure file since your path is catalog//install, where it should be catalog/install. I don't think that will cause this but such mistakes should always be fixed, especially when there is a problem. As for the error, SiteMonitor is failing when it tries to create the reference file. The settings on the server is preventing that. You will need to ask your host to look at it and change the permissions in admin accordingly.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If someone is able to hack into your site, they can alter your files to send them your customers information. I've seen this happen several times, thus the genesis of this contribution. This contribution will create a record of your files so that they can be checked at a later date. If any files have been added or deleted, or the size, timestamp or permissions were changed, you are notified via email. The script can be ran manually, but the best way is to set up a cron job so that the files are checked automatically.

The contribution can be found here.

Jack

Hi Jack:

I have installed according to instructions and got to step 6 and received the following error message:

Warning: fopen(sitemonitor_reference.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /hsphere/local/home/shoppein/shoppeintheforest.com/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 221

Failed to open file sitemonitor_reference.php

I changed the permissions for admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php to 777 and admin/sitemonitor_configure.php tp 666. What have I missed. Do I have to leave the permissions open for write?

Thanks.

Jim

Shoppeintheforest

Not all hosts will allow the use of fopen. You need to ask them to look at the problem to see if it is due to the server setup.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If someone is able to hack into your site, they can alter your files to send them your customers information. I've seen this happen several times, thus the genesis of this contribution. This contribution will create a record of your files so that they can be checked at a later date. If any files have been added or deleted, or the size, timestamp or permissions were changed, you are notified via email. The script can be ran manually, but the best way is to set up a cron job so that the files are checked automatically.

The contribution can be found here.

Jack

I have looked through lots of pages and have not found a definitive answer on how to set permissions.

The only way I can get the first button to work is to set the admin folder to 777. Not a good solution. I have the log set to 666 so it can be written to.

If I set this up as a cron job, will it work from within the server as the owner is requesting rather than oscommerce admin panel.

Are there definitive answers for permissions? 755 for directories and 644 for files does not seem to do the trick.

Thanks

Jim

I have looked through lots of pages and have not found a definitive answer on how to set permissions.

The only way I can get the first button to work is to set the admin folder to 777. Not a good solution. I have the log set to 666 so it can be written to.

If I set this up as a cron job, will it work from within the server as the owner is requesting rather than oscommerce admin panel.

Are there definitive answers for permissions? 755 for directories and 644 for files does not seem to do the trick.

Thanks

Jim

The only way I can get this to work is to set the admin folder to777 and that is unacceptable. The cronjob was permission denied and when I use the buttons from admin panel I get errors for permission denied. How can I make this work?

It's server dependent so give it a try.

Jack

Didn't work. Permission denied. Talked to host. su_exec is installed. They say nothing else to do to get around 777 755 problem. I can't leave admin at 777, so I guess I just have to manually work it.

Can you tell me why I get 5 or 6 copies of the same email from running the program?

Jim

It shouldn't have to have 777 so, in my opinion, it is still a server issue. You should only get one email. I've no idea why you would get more than that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

First, there's a mistake in your configure file since your path is catalog//install, where it should be catalog/install. I don't think that will cause this but such mistakes should always be fixed, especially when there is a problem. As for the error, SiteMonitor is failing when it tries to create the reference file. The settings on the server is preventing that. You will need to ask your host to look at it and change the permissions in admin accordingly.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the reply. I contacted my host and waiting for their reply.

As for the configure file I checked and it seems correct. I noticed the double slash too. I'll have another look maybe I missed something. The file must be the original install file that has been renamed. The file and permissions are locked by my host so I can't touch that. I do remember a double slash appearing somewhere else and I corrected it. It was a while back and I can't remember exactly where and what I corrected. Is it possible that the configure file had an error and I corrected it but because the install file is locked the error still appears when it concerns this file? The second error when I execute the sitemonitor only shows one slash.

The other thing is that the reference file is created. If I make a change in a file it will show up. I just get the warnings with it. If my host fixes it it would be better. If not I can still see if a change has been made.

Thanks again,

Alexandra