• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

Leslie, I tried to pm you but it appears you don't have the feature enabled.

My old stuff is located above, not below, not at the same level. Which is why I don't think I can exclude it. If yes, how?

Isabella

I should not type while talking on the phone. Just to clarify:

Not sure how you can have the old stuff located above the domain name and still access it via sitemonitor. I was thinking that you might be able to if you had sitemonitor installed on a subdomain (which I no longer have so I can't test it).

OK, so what I see in the exclude list is anything below coopco.com.au (which is the root directory of my site), even if they are not osc related such as webalizer, forum,whois, etc. Eg absolutepathto/coopco.com.au/whois/ and these are not necessaryily in alphabetical order.

Oh, I disabled the pm because I was getting too many unsolicited pms. Email is ok if it is related to a discussion in a thread.

I didn't mean to disturb you through pm, I wanted to mention something I didn't want to say online (nothing personal or bad don't worry ;), but it's no problem.

What I see in my exclude list is all files under public_html, I can't see any above that level, I see home/username/public_html and all files under. The copies of old shops are one level up which is why I don't think SiteMonitor can see them. Is that right? If this is correct, then I can't understand why SiteMonitor behaves this strange way on my site.

Maybe I didn't express myself well enough before and created some confusion.

Isabella

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

I didn't mean to disturb you through pm, I wanted to mention something I didn't want to say online (nothing personal or bad don't worry ;), but it's no problem.

What I see in my exclude list is all files under public_html, I can't see any above that level, I see home/username/public_html and all files under. The copies of old shops are one level up which is why I don't think SiteMonitor can see them. Is that right? If this is correct, then I can't understand why SiteMonitor behaves this strange way on my site.

Maybe I didn't express myself well enough before and created some confusion.

Isabella

Contact via email is ok.

I don't think that site monitor would be the sole problem if the old stuff is included. Jack would know know for sure, but any caches or sitemaps with links?

I don't think I've changed anything (well, I did update to the latest version but it was working after that), but it seems to have stopped working.

All I get now is a blank screen after I choose to either delete or update. Its like it times out.

Any ideas on where to look? Or is it host related?

I don't think I've changed anything (well, I did update to the latest version but it was working after that), but it seems to have stopped working.

All I get now is a blank screen after I choose to either delete or update. Its like it times out.

Any ideas on where to look? Or is it host related?

Rty enabling the Verbose option and run it manually from admin. Since you said you ugraded to the latest version, there is a test button to do that.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Contact via email is ok.

I don't think that site monitor would be the sole problem if the old stuff is included. Jack would know know for sure, but any caches or sitemaps with links?

My sitemaps aren't in the exclude list. I don't know about caches. Guys you've helped me a lot and I thank you both but the more I try to sort this out the less I underdstand :huh:

Now I better stop highjacking this thread or Jack will boot me out soon. ;)

Isabella

My sitemaps aren't in the exclude list. I don't know about caches. Guys you've helped me a lot and I thank you both but the more I try to sort this out the less I underdstand :huh:

Isabella

What I meant was do any site maps have links to the old stuff?

This is getting beyond me.

Rty enabling the Verbose option and run it manually from admin. Since you said you ugraded to the latest version, there is a test button to do that.

Jack

Thanks for the rely.

Verbose was enabled and If I clicked on the 'Manually Execute Sitemonitor' it worked, albeit slowly. The other two pages still resulted in a blank page.

I deleted the reference file and started over - and now it seems to be ok, I can change a file and the script works as it did. Strange :)

Isabella

LOL. There's no problem posting the questions you have but I think your problem might be one that isn't fixable in a support thread like this.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

No they don't have links to the old stuff.

What version of site monitor did you install? I have been using Site Monitor_V_1.5 with no problem, but 1.6 gives strange results and tons of mismatches.

In v1.6 the browse in the exclude list also gives truncated path names (the first part of the name is chopped off).

What version of site monitor did you install? I have been using Site Monitor_V_1.5 with no problem, but 1.6 gives strange results and tons of mismatches.

In v1.6 the browse in the exclude list also gives truncated path names (the first part of the name is chopped off).

This is the first I've heard of this. I'm using it here without any problems as are other sites I've installed it into. I'm sure you did but, to be sure, did you delete the reference file before running the new version?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This is the first I've heard of this. I'm using it here without any problems as are other sites I've installed it into. I'm sure you did but, to be sure, did you delete the reference file before running the new version?

Jack

No, I didn't delete the reference file. Didn't see that in the upgrade notes.

Will try that, and let you know.

No, I didn't delete the reference file. Didn't see that in the upgrade notes.

Will try that, and let you know.

OK, I did this.

Instructions for upgrading SiteMonitor V_1.5 to V_1.6

1) Upload the following files to the same location on your server:

admin/sitemonitor.php

admin/sitemonitor_admin.php

admin/sitemonitor_configure_setup.php

admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php

admin/includes/languages/english/sitemonitor_admin.php

admin/includes/languages/english/sitemonitor_configure_setup.php

2) Edit the admin/sitemonitor_configure.php:

FIND:

$logfile_size = 100000; //set the maximum size of the logfile

ADD BENEATH IT:

$reference_reset = ''; //delete the reference file this many days apart

3) ********* VERY IMPORTANT **********

If your sitemonitor_configure.php file has the quarantine option set, be

sure to disable it before running this version for the first time. Under

some circumstances, having it set for the first time can cause all files

found to be quaratined, thus breaking your shop.

That's it.

So then when I click on delete, I get

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in E:\wamp\www\rc2a.template\admin\includes\functions\sitemonitor_functions.php on line 202

The paths are still truncated.

I put back v 1.5, and there is no problem.

I probably should add deleting the reference file to the instructions, although it shouldn't be required. But for any such problem, it is generally a good idea to delete it.

As for truncating the file names, can you explain that a little more please? I did change how the paths were handled. It might have something to do with how the code is handling your configure settings.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm using version 1.4

I was actually thinking I should try uploading the new version.

Isabella

I don't think upgrading to 1.5 would help but going to 1.6 might. None of the basic file changes are required to upgrad so it is just a matter of replacing files. If it doesn't work, you can easily switch back. I recommed deleting both the reference file and the sitemonitor_configure.php file before installing and running the new version.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I probably should add deleting the reference file to the instructions, although it shouldn't be required. But for any such problem, it is generally a good idea to delete it.

As for truncating the file names, can you explain that a little more please? I did change how the paths were handled. It might have something to do with how the code is handling your configure settings.

Jack

The first x characters in the path were not shown, hence every file was showing as having been deleted.

x being I don't know for sure, about 8 from memoery, but the same in each case.

The first x characters in the path were not shown, hence every file was showing as having been deleted.

x being I don't know for sure, about 8 from memoery, but the same in each case.

That's not much to go on. My guess is that it has something to do with the way your shop is setup that is confusing the code. If you feel like trying it, after installing 1.6, find this in admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php
function GetDirectoryName($path)  //return the partial directory 
{
 global $start_dir;
 $path = ltrim($path, "/");
 return (substr($path, strlen($start_dir)));
}

and change it to

function GetDirectoryName($path)  //return the partial directory 
{
 global $start_dir;
 return (substr($path, strlen($start_dir) + 1));
}

The reference file will have to be deleted.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

Thankyou for the Contribution. I've just installed v1.6 for the first time and have a few problems.

When I go to Admin > Site Monitor and click the top "Update" button I get the following message at the top of the screen:

Warning: opendir() [function.opendir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/username/public_html) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/topgoth:/usr/lib/php:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/topgoth/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 102

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Operation not permitted in /home/topgoth/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 102

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/topgoth/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 104
Reference file creation failed.

What could be the problem? It seemed like a pretty simple install, so maybe I missed something? (I uploaded all the files to the admin directory and made the modifications from the readme.txt file.)

Thanks

Ben

Edited by Benjjj6

Your host is preventing the file from being written to. Take a look back through this thread. There has been one or two work-arounds for this, as I recall. You could also ask your host to look at the error and see what they say.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hey Jack,

I asked my host and they told me:

The open_basedir restriction is turned on to protect other customers files etc…

The error is usually caused by a script which is not pointing to the correct path.

Please make sure that your script is pointing to the correct path and not pointing outside of your account.

How can I ensure that the script is pointing to the correct path? On the configure page the path is correct.

I'll take a look back through this thread as see what I can find.

My hosting company managed to solve the problem.

The problem was that the configure page was not working. When I change the settings and click update i get the following error:

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/username/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 246
Cannot change the mode of file (/home/username/public_html/admin/sitemonitor_configure.php)

Therefore, I had to set the options manually in the file.

Furthermore, in order to run the script I had to change my admin permissions to 777.

If I do that it all works OK.

Hi, great contribution mate.

I have installed the contribution but when i press the top button in the admin section I get the messege:

Reference file creation failed.

i have set my admin folder to 777 to see if that makes a difference but nothing changes.

any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

euan

No, it just means the creation failed. It can be for a number of reasons. Be sure the configure file is setup correctly then set the verbose option on and try using the manual run button. That might explain the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons