• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contributions Newbie

summoner

Hello all! :blush:

I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to using this Contribution system.

Right now i'm putting together a shop and found a few contributions that are really appealing to what we want.

After exploring around, I've noticed alot of love for the On the Fly and Ultrapics thumbnails systems.

Yet, i'm torn on which one would suit our shop best. :(

Additionally, which pack to pick within the contribution? There's so many changes and even incomplete additions (some being only a few files added etc) that it gets to be confusing. :'(

Could anyone help point me in the right direction or give me some pointers here? It would really mean alot!

:wub:

Those server two different purposes. One creates image thumbails for better/faster displaying and the other adds the ability to display extra images. A lot of great contributions are rendered almost useless with some of the updates added by people not knowing what they are doing. This is the case in the On The Fly one and the author released, as I recall, his own final version to avoid that. The best thing to do is read through the support thread for each of those. If you can't find an answer, then post in those support threads since that is where the people who use them will see the post.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons