• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quantity Price Breaks

jpweber

Installed QPBPP v1_3_6 in the admin when I click the show products button I get this message:

1052 - Column 'products_id' in from clause is ambiguous

select count(*) as total from products p, products_description pd left join products_to_discount_categories ptdc using(products_id) where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and ptdc.discount_categories_id = '1'

There is only two lines in (discount_categories.php) that I can find that contain the text. Assigned to a raw query string. So should I change it to read

using(p.products_id)

or is that circular logic?

Installed QPBPP v1_3_6 in the admin when I click the show products button I get this message:

select count(*) as total from products p, products_description pd left join products_to_discount_categories ptdc using(products_id) where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and ptdc.discount_categories_id = '1'

The mod seemed to work okay otherwise ONLY the show products button in the admin seems affected.

I added a product to sell in blocks of 6. with 5 levels of volume discounts. It worked great showed all the correct info in product listings (I loved the "from $1.80" thing, too cool) and the buy now forced "6" to be entered instead of "1".

But, I reverted all the changed files back to before the addition. I have copies of all the files I uploaded to my already modified site, so I can just push them back up later.

I double checked all the merged files, no problem that I could see. So what did I miss on the database side that could cause the query to become ambiguous?

The mod seemed to work okay otherwise ONLY the show products button in the admin seems affected.

I added a product to sell in blocks of 6. with 5 levels of volume discounts. It worked great showed all the correct info in product listings (I loved the "from $1.80" thing, too cool) and the buy now forced "6" to be entered instead of "1".

But, I reverted all the changed files back to before the addition. I have copies of all the files I uploaded to my already modified site, so I can just push them back up later.

I double checked all the merged files, no problem that I could see. So what did I miss on the database side that could cause the query to become ambiguous?

Okay, I'm gonna try re-applying my changes and see if it goes away...

Update: still working on it.

Nope. Still does the same thing, either I really need to change the query string or this is a bug in my PHP Version 4.4.7

All other functions of this mod seem to work without a glitch... so I just do not understand why the discount_categories.php show_products fails.

There is only two lines in (discount_categories.php) that I can find that contain the text. Assigned to a raw query string. So should I change it to read

using(p.products_id)

or is that circular logic?

Not all MySQL versions are alike apparently. If you rewrite the part:

using(products_id)

to:

on pd.products_id = ptc.products_id

I think it will work again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a problem with the contribution.

Problem:

Person adds a product with a colour and selects a quantity of 3 - adds to the cart

Person selects the same product with a different colour and selects quantity of 3 - adds to cart

Now i have prices breaks set up for 3 and a different price break for 6

It dosnt recognise that i am using the same products just a different colour so it is not giving the quantity of 6 price break?

How can i change the cart to see the products are the same just different colours?

Iknow I have seen the answer but i can not find it now. the add to cart button on product info page (only) is adding an extra item to cart. says1 adds 2, says 4 adds 5. now it only happens the first time for the item. if you have 3 in cart and add 1 more it only adds one.

thanks

carie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has thought about adding the discount options under the shopping cart as well as the product description area?

My prducts are pretty self defined so most of the time customers are not even looking at the discription, they will not be seeing the potential discounts.

It would help if I could upsell them on the whats in my cart page.

Does anyone have an idea conserning this?

Thank you,

John

Hello to all the community and to Mr Jan Zonjee,

I know that the question has already been asked ( VibeX post 661 ) but I was wondering how you import or modify your products? Before I was using easypopulate, but since the tables have been moved from the product table...

I have a lot of products and I do not know how to do, so if anyone has found a solution could you please help me?

Thank you very much

Badou

• 3 weeks later...

I have installed Quantity Price Breaks Per Product 1.3.5 with the autoinstaller everything works fine except one thing

I have created a product group with 2 products fishfood large and medium in it and have assigned discount when you buy two pieces you get 5% discount

When a customer have 2 pieces of the same product (example 2 x fishfood large) in the shopping cart the price is displayed correctly but

if the customer have 1 piece fishfood large and 1 piece fishfood medium the price in het shopping cart is not displayed correctly with the discount until the customers clicks update or go to the checkout.

Is there a solution to show the price with the discount directly, because this is confusing for my customers?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Carie,

I am having the same problem with adding item to cart from th product_info page. When i add 1 item, the Cart will show 2. If i add 2, It will show 3 and so on. But if i update the quantity in shopping cart, it works fine. Otherwise, everything works great!!

Have anyone encounter this problem?

I finally fixed it. I buried my head in product_info.php, but the issue was with the cart->addcart in application_top.php

Thank you for your great effort in releasing such a great contribution and the support forum.

Hi Carie,

I am having the same problem with adding item to cart from th product_info page. When i add 1 item, the Cart will show 2. If i add 2, It will show 3 and so on. But if i update the quantity in shopping cart, it works fine. Otherwise, everything works great!!

Have anyone encounter this problem?

Hi,

I have just installed QPBPP V1.3.5 using AutoInstaller 2.14. Everything works perfectly except the prices are not being displayed at all on index.php when a category is selected but are displayed on index.php if I click HOME.

My OsCommerce installation is a version 2.2 RC2a template. The products are displayed in a grid not a list.

Please help ASAP this is driving me mad.

• 4 weeks later...

I have installed the contribution, and it's working just fine.

But I have run into a problem. I have set different attributes for some of my products. So the product has a different price if the attribute changes.

For example if I set the attribute "deluxe", the price goes up with 1$.

The only problem is that QPB doesn't recognize this new price. The price in the QPB table is still the same.

Also in the shopping cart when I try to check out, the price it's unchanged (product attribute is not calculated).

Another issue is that subtotal is not calculated and displayed in shopping cart. The text appears, but the value doesn't.

Of course these are minor problems. I can live with them, but it would be more elegant if these were working as well in my page www.profimag.ro

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Hello to everyone.

I tried to add the qpbpp table into the shopping cart 'catalog/shopping_cart.php'. But I did not manage. I think this would be very handy to see the possible reduction in the cart.

Could someone please help me?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I tried to execute Quantity price break per product and I got this error:

Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE products ADD COLUMN products_qty_blocks int NOT NULL default 1;

MySQL said:

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'products_qty_blocks'

Can anyone can help me how to fix this so it't not duplicate, I am looking forward to your answer. Thank you!

Steve

I tried to execute Quantity price break per product and I got this error:

Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE products ADD COLUMN products_qty_blocks int NOT NULL default 1;

MySQL said:

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'products_qty_blocks'

No, you already run the sql commands once and now that field is already there...

No, you already run the sql commands once and now that field is already there...

I know that the "column products_qty_blocks int not null default 1" is in the Products table already, but I want to adds on "quantity price break per products" so how can I modify this sql so it's not duplicate name:

alter table products

add column products_qty_blocks int not null default 1;

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `products_price_break`;

CREATE TABLE `products_price_break` (

`products_price_break_id` int NOT NULL auto_increment,

`products_id` int(11) NOT NULL,

`products_price` decimal(15,4) NOT NULL default 0.0,

`products_qty` int(11) NOT NULL default 0,

PRIMARY KEY (products_price_break_id)

);

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `discount_categories`;

CREATE TABLE `discount_categories` (

`discount_categories_id` int NOT NULL auto_increment,

`discount_categories_name` varchar(255) NOT NULL,

PRIMARY KEY (discount_categories_id)

);

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `products_to_discount_categories`;

CREATE TABLE `products_to_discount_categories` (

`products_id` int NOT NULL,

`discount_categories_id` int NOT NULL,

PRIMARY KEY (products_id)

);

INSERT INTO configuration_group (configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible)

VALUES ('73', 'Price breaks', 'Configuration options for price breaks', 73, 1);

INSERT into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function)

VALUES ('Maximum number of price break levels', 'PRICE_BREAK_NOF_LEVELS', '10', 'Configures the number of price break levels that can be entered on admin side. Levels that are left empty will not be shown to the customer', '73', '1', now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

Edited by sml

I know that the "column products_qty_blocks int not null default 1" is in the Products table already, but I want to adds on "quantity price break per products" so how can I modify this sql so it's not duplicate name:

alter table products

add column products_qty_blocks int not null default 1;

So what contribution added that then?

I have installed the contribution, and it's working just fine.

But I have run into a problem. I have set different attributes for some of my products. So the product has a different price if the attribute changes.

For example if I set the attribute "deluxe", the price goes up with 1$.

The only problem is that QPB doesn't recognize this new price. The price in the QPB table is still the same.

Also in the shopping cart when I try to check out, the price it's unchanged (product attribute is not calculated).

Another issue is that subtotal is not calculated and displayed in shopping cart. The text appears, but the value doesn't.

Of course these are minor problems. I can live with them, but it would be more elegant if these were working as well in my page www.profimag.ro

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Problems solved, not the one with the attributes.

I think I have to add the products in category list with different attributes, and price.

Is there a way to merge Quantity Price Break and Header Tags SEO in admin/categories.php?

Running 2.2 RC2A

Edited by ceelow