• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

not sure what a parameter mean in a contrib

i am installing the 'Email Queue' contrib.

i am stuck on one of the steps in the installition instructions, it says this:

4) replace all occurrences of the call to function tep_mail() with :

if (USE_EMAIL_QUEUE == 'true') {

tep_store_mail(......);

} else {

tep_mail(......);

}

so leave the parameters as they are : simply copy the tep_mail(......); line and rename the copy to tep_store_mail(......);

EXAMPLE FROM CHECKOUT_PROCESS.PHP :

if (USE_EMAIL_QUEUE == 'true') {

tep_store_mail($order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'], $order->customer['email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT . ' #' . $insert_id , $email_content, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

} else {

tep_mail($order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'], $order->customer['email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT . ' #' . $insert_id , $email_content, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

}

// send emails to other people

if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '') {

if (USE_EMAIL_QUEUE) {

tep_store_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT . ' #' . $insert_id , $email_content, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

} else {

tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT . ' #' . $insert_id , $email_content, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

}

}

files to consider: checkout_process.php, contact_us.php but there may be more.

TIP: add parameter 'on' as last parameter to the tep_store_mail function to default hold this email in the queue. This will ensure that the email is not send unless you manually release it.

Could somebody kindly tell me what the TIP means when it says " add parameter 'on' ", i have highlighted this in red above.

Archived