• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation Step3 Failure

Hi

I've been ploughing through Google and the OSC Forums, but to no avail! Please excuse me if this post turns into a ramble, but i've been looking blankly at this for about 2 days and my eyes are starting to bleed :P

I have the following configuration, and am trying to install OSCommerce for the first time:

- oscommerce-2.2ms2-051113

OS = W2k3

WS = Apache2.2.2

using PHP5.1.4

I have added the following lines to php.ini:

register_long_arrays = on

register_globals = on

Adding these lines enabled me to get past step1 and progress to step2 of the installation process. I have since entered my details into step2, ie:

Database Server : localhost

Username : MyUserName

Password: MyPassword

DatabaseName: OSCommerce

Persistent Connections: Off

Session Storage: Database

I then click the 'Continue' button and the next screen appears to half load, but i still have the URL:

http://localhost:8080/catalog/install/install.php?step=2

in the address bar.

I've checked the Apache error logs, and there's nothing untoward in there.

I don't think the install process is even reaching the MySQL server, as there is no mention of an incorrect username/password. I've tried entering erroneous database information during step 2 and I get the same half loaded webpage as was returned with valid database information. I have double check the DB connection by accessing the database server locally and via a LAN connection. I have created and deleted tables using the *MyUserName*, on the proposed OSCommerce database, so i know that's not the issue. I think there may a be a conflict between one of the WAMP applications, or perhaps one of my config files. All my Apache, PHP, and MySQL Config files are 'out of the box' apart from the basic server and user settings in httpd.conf and php.ini.

If anyone can help, or has a suggestion both me and my optrician would be most grateful!

Note: I haven't ruled out using an older version of PHP, MySQL or Apache. This would be my next step if all else fails.

Many thanks!

Hi

I've been ploughing through Google and the OSC Forums, but to no avail! Please excuse me if this post turns into a ramble, but i've been looking blankly at this for about 2 days and my eyes are starting to bleed :P

I have the following configuration, and am trying to install OSCommerce for the first time:

OS = W2k3

WS = Apache2.2.2

using PHP5.1.4

register_globals = on

Adding these lines enabled me to get past step1 and progress to step2 of the installation process. I have since entered my details into step2, ie:

I then click the 'Continue' button and the next screen appears to half load, but i still have the URL:

in the address bar.

I don't think the install process is even reaching the MySQL server, as there is no mention of an incorrect username/password. I've tried entering erroneous database information during step 2 and I get the same half loaded webpage as was returned with valid database information. I have double check the DB connection by accessing the database server locally and via a LAN connection. I have created and deleted tables using the *MyUserName*, on the proposed OSCommerce database, so i know that's not the issue. I think there may a be a conflict between one of the WAMP applications, or perhaps one of my config files. All my Apache, PHP, and MySQL Config files are 'out of the box' apart from the basic server and user settings in httpd.conf and php.ini.

If anyone can help, or has a suggestion both me and my optrician would be most grateful!

Note: I haven't ruled out using an older version of PHP, MySQL or Apache. This would be my next step if all else fails.

Many thanks!

Hi

Should the php globals be in numbers and not letters? ie 0=off and 1=on?

#<IfModule mod_php4.c>

# php_value session.use_trans_sid 0

# php_value register_globals 1

#</IfModule>

As the above is.

Hope it helps you

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

Hi

OS = W2k3

WS = Apache2.2.2

using PHP5.1.4

register_globals = on

in the address bar.

Many thanks!

install php4-mysql and this solved the challenge for me

on debian apt-get install php4-mysql

Archived