• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can categories have buttons

bradhelps

Hi Os commerce membeers,

I am trying a create and display button instead of just a hovered link for my parent categories in the left column of my main page. I checked out the categories page code where it displays the ctageory name but still not able to find out how should I display the button instaed of link. It creates a much better feel to our website if we have atleast categories buttons. I think its little bit compilicated ot have buttons for dynamically generated links like categories. but anyway, wondered if any body has done it or atleast can give lead me to right directions. Will be a nice contributions if anybody can assists me to give it to the community :D :D

cheers,

Brad

I'm not sure. I have 'buttons' for my subcats, and they're dynamically generated. It wasn't hard to do...but they are not in the category box, either. :blink:

I think you should take a look at some of the CSS category menu contributions. They won't make the menu look like buttons but I think you could customize the CSS to get this done. In other words, I think CSS would be the easiest way to achieve what you want. It would be text (dynamically generated, in whatever font you want) on top of a background-url specified in the stylesheet. A background-url that looks like a button.

Thanks for your reply. Well I was thinking of CSS style buttons but I am using comic sans font for my buttons which makes it harder for some browsers to work upon (the same old CSS and browsers conflict. Thats why I was looking for just having my parent categories has buttons (not bothered about subcategories) where each parent category will have respective button.gif to display. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Brad

Archived