• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

The sessions directory does not exist

ledje

Hi ,

I just installed the oscommerce , and this is what I get .

Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: /tmp. Sessions will not work until this directory is created.

I can see the homepage but now images , what did I do wrong ?

thnx

Ledje

Hi ,

I just installed the oscommerce , and this is what I get .

Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: /tmp. Sessions will not work until this directory is created.

I can see the homepage but now images , what did I do wrong ?

thnx

Ledje

Best solution if you are on a shared server is to set the sessions to mysql in your two configure.php files.

Your other choice is to create a folder for the sessions and then add the correct path to it in your osC admin.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Best solution if you are on a shared server is to set the sessions to mysql in your two configure.php files.

Your other choice is to create a folder for the sessions and then add the correct path to it in your osC admin.

Ok , say I make that folder , how do I call this folder ? And which files do I add in it ?

Bit new for me

thnx

If you use a folder to store sessions then they are not automatically deleted after a period of time. You can end up with a folder which is 00's of Megabytes in size if you forget to clear it out.

Make the last line of both configure.php files read 'mysql' where indicated and osCommerce will store sessions in the database - from where they will be removed after 24 minutes of inactivity (MySQL garbage clean up).

Vger

Archived