Jump to content
  • Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HTML not working?


TheTrueHero

Recommended Posts

  • 1 year later...
HTML isn't working on neither my category descriptions or the product description. It replaces any < or > with _

 

If you give some more details with file or site info' then I will try and help you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
HTML isn't working on neither my category descriptions or the product description. It replaces any < or > with _

 

 

I have the same issue. Any fixes? It started after Ultimate SEO was installed - which was a chore because of a previous install of UtraPics. The site works fine to the end user now, but in the Catagory/Products Admin section all the html code necessary to format the text in a product decription box gets stripped away and replaced with "_" and ends up looking like this:

Large Coffee Gift Box includes:_br_ -Java Cinnamon Sticks_br_ -Cafe Cookies_br_ -Assorted Sugar Cookies_br_ -White Chocolate Amaretto Wafer Cookies_br_ -Coffee Break Premium Coffee_br_ -Wafer Fingers_br_ -Garlic & Cheese Nuggets_br_ -Wafer Rolls_br_ -Gourmet Caramel Corn_br_ -Gourmet Nuts

 

This also happens if an existing product (that comes up showing the correct html tags) is edited in any way. The tags get stripped. Somewhere... there is a piece of code that is causing this. I have spent days trying to track it down and now find myself on bended knees pleading for my sanity back. :blink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I found the fix to this issue:

After, I might add, I spent too many hours searching for reference to this issue and never finding anything that might even give a hint of where to look to find a solution - though finding others with the same issue. Something so simple to fix became a major quest to find. A reference to another issue mentioned this problem. And I, having nothing to lose at that point, gave the soultion a try and it actually seem to work.

 

In the file loated in: catalog/admin/includes/function/database.php

      return trim(tep_sanitize_string(stripslashes($string)));

Remove this line of code [around 133] and upload it back to the directory.

 

I should note that this site has UtraPics and Utimate SEO installed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...