• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need help with removing some of osc defaults

annasweb

Hello,

I am trying to remove a few things that come standard with osc. How do I delete the manufacterers box on the left column, the "Let's See What We Have Here" image icon (it shows as a broken image), and the language box? I also want to move the "Quick Find" box to the right hand side. I have looked at the index.php file but can't see where to comment these out. Thanks for your help.

Anna

A. Chase

I figured out the left and right columns. But I still need help with the removal of the "Let's See What We Have Here" that appears at the top of the body section when I click on a category.

Thanks,

Anna

A. Chase

I figured out the left and right columns. But I still need help with the removal of the "Let's See What We Have Here" that appears at the top of the body section when I click on a category.

Thanks,

Anna

go to Documentation Page and download the documentation. your answers are in there.

cheers,

rj

Thanks,

Anna

ok, anna, i'll throw you a bone: go to includes/languages/english/index.php and near the bottom find

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Let\'s See What We Have Here');

and change it to what you want inside the single quotes. note the use of the escape character ( \' ) so that the apostrophe in "Let's" doesn't close the thingy prematurely.

while you're there, i'm sure you can find some other text you might like to change.

cheers,

rj

Archived