• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Urgent help needed...site is down. All links from front page pull up

For some reason my website has stopped working. All the links from the main page are taking the customers to my error page. I don't know what could have caused this or what to look for in how to fix it. Can anyone help me please.

Workin' now.

Server reboot?

I'm still getting the error page........says the page can not be found (the error page looks like the rest of my site).

Oops, sorry I wasn't looking closely. Have you done anything to the shop? Anyone else? Did you change anything in the admin side?

Oops, sorry I wasn't looking closely. Have you done anything to the shop? Anyone else? Did you change anything in the admin side?

The only one with access to any part of my site is me or my host. And the only thing that has been done to this particular site in the last week was that my host copied my database to install onto two other websites. The items are all there in my database (over 12,000 of them) and are showing up in the catagories/content section of my admin. The other website that has this database attached that is a semi-working website is Your Bead Store.com. The site isn't active yet but is online.

Could someone somehow have messed up the database when they copied it to the other two sites? If so, what could they have possibly touched? The database was copied in full, customers, products and everything. And the database still looks the same to me when I view it in phpmyadmin.

Thanks for helping me.

I just noticed, but my database is also working for another folder on that same domain. www.better-beads.com/template

So that must narrow it down to a file. But what file would I edit that calls up all the links onto the first page. I don't know how to ask that very well. I guess maybe.....what file is the first page? index.php? index.html? header.php? any idea?

I don't quite understand this part

I just noticed, but my database is also working for another folder on that same domain. www.better-beads.com/template

Maybe I haven't had enough coffee, but how did you arrive at that conclusion?

I took a look, and like you said...everything is working except for the links from your category box, is that correct?

I would take a close look at anything having to do with the SEO urls and/or any caching features that you have added or enabled.

Try resetting the SEO url cache, if you can.

Also reset your category box cache...if you're using that, which it looks like you are.

It's beside the point right now, but you have a parse error on your shipping/returns page...but everything else seems to work (except for the category box links!) :huh:

I don't quite understand this part

Maybe I haven't had enough coffee, but how did you arrive at that conclusion?

I took a look, and like you said...everything is working except for the links from your category box, is that correct?

I would take a close look at anything having to do with the SEO urls and/or any caching features that you have added or enabled.

Try resetting the SEO url cache, if you can.

Also reset your category box cache...if you're using that, which it looks like you are.

It's beside the point right now, but you have a parse error on your shipping/returns page...but everything else seems to work (except for the category box links!) :huh:

I came to this conclusion because everything seems to be just fine in the database. All the products are still there and the database is working just fine on the other site that is using the same one.

Can you tell me how to reset caching anything? I'm not sure what to do.

What is the category box cache?

I'm sorry I'm so dumb when it comes to this stuff and it looks like now I am going to be losing a lot of sales since this is a holiday weekend and weekends bring more sales anyways. I'm willing to pay whoever can fix this!

My host had a tech take a look at my site and they have said that the pages that the links in my category box link to are not on the site. how does OS create the links when you add a new category? Where are those links placed at and how can I add them back?

Thanks.

Archived