• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP!!! NEWBIE

nicolacross

Hi,

I have recenlty been set up with a website (www.naughty-n-nice.biz) and need help updating and adding images to the home page.

I have designed a home page using the software Corel Draw and need to transfer it to the website- can anybody give me advice on how this is done? I tried to copy and paste it but has lots of error messages and appears as lots of little red crosses.

Also is there a way to change / edit the welcome email that is sent when a customer opens an account?

Another thing! When using other software to design templates etc how do you transfer it to HTML code?

Any help / advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Not being funny, but I think you've got a learning curve ahead of you. osCommerce is a dynamic website package written in PHP and HTML. To amend the look, you need good HTML skills and at least basic PHP skills (so you can understand the page structure).

To amend files, you need a FTP program - download the file, amend it, upload it again. Images are included in webpages with the standard HTML commands. If you haven't worked with HTML before, best to get a book (Dummy / Idiot's guides are quite good) or do a Google search for tutorials.

To amend the welcome email you need to amend the text in /includes/languages/english(or whateve language you are using)/create_account.php.

all the best, Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Not being funny, but I think you've got a learning curve ahead of you. osCommerce is a dynamic website package written in PHP and HTML. To amend the look, you need good HTML skills and at least basic PHP skills (so you can understand the page structure).

To amend files, you need a FTP program - download the file, amend it, upload it again. Images are included in webpages with the standard HTML commands. If you haven't worked with HTML before, best to get a book (Dummy / Idiot's guides are quite good) or do a Google search for tutorials.

To amend the welcome email you need to amend the text in /includes/languages/english(or whateve language you are using)/create_account.php.

all the best, Terra

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I appreciate that I have a lot to learn - i am completly new to this side of things and didnt realise it was as difficult as it is. Have had major regrets about starting but now I have I am eager to learn and make a success of things.

Nicola

With that attitude, I think you'll do fine :D

I didn't know anything about PHP when I started working w/osC. I had fiddled w/ html but always disliked it and still do. PHP is kind of interesting, though :blink:

I think you may have some success w/ your pre-designed layout if you take a look at STS (simple template system)...it's in the "contribution" section here. Personally, I don't use it...but in your situation I think it may help. You'll need to slice your design up into 'sections' to incorporate it, I think.

Just read, read, read....and when you're done reading...read some more. You'll get it.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I appreciate that I have a lot to learn - i am completly new to this side of things and didnt realise it was as difficult as it is. Have had major regrets about starting but now I have I am eager to learn and make a success of things.

Nicola

Archived