• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing database name

TheTrueHero

Hey,

I had a store for a little while but then without warning, my host indefinetly went down. Anyways, long story short I have a new host completely, and with the new hosting service, I had to get a new database name. The problem is when I upload my backup I made before my host went down, it doesn't work AT ALL because of just one file, I assume.

What I'm wondering is, what file do I have to change in order to set a new database name and password.

Note: I don't think it's in the admin/includes/functions/database.php or the includes/functions/database.php files because I tried editing both of those on line 19 but nothing happened.

Thanks a lot. :)

I would be possible that it could be you configuration in (catalog)/includes/configure.php and (catalog)/admin/includes/configure.php

Wade Morris

Amarillo, Texas

Before you do any changes on your site you need to do BACKUP! BACKUP!

I would be possible that it could be you configuration in (catalog)/includes/configure.php and (catalog)/admin/includes/configure.php

right on... I just had to do it myself... you have to change in those 2 files the database name, user and password... both files...

Archived