• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Articles and guides, best way to show on site?

shiftlocked

Hi there,

Im working on a few reviews and guides for my OSC site at the moment and just wondered if anyone here has intergrated anything like that into their shop.

How have you done it, ie what contrib, what format are they posted in (html or forum type code) etc

Things still to do before going "live" in no real order...

Change "buy now buttons" css styles

Change "lets see what we have here" into something meaningfull

Main logo of the website

Sort out currency to make site UK only (at present)

Remove "xx requests since" stuff

Update mainpage :D

Move shopping cart status into header

Add in stock status to product listing page

Define styles for product listing standardisation

Change CSS background for Headings

Increase Category size headings

Used mods so far:- basic_design_pack1mk7 | Google XML sitemap w admin | Paypal IPN v 1.2 | Feedmachine | pricematch_1_3_1 | Dynamic Sitemap 1.6 | Whos online Enhancement | Easypopulate 2.72

Each one that I solve I;ll be putting a post on the forum in a "completed shop" thread that Im writing up

If they are pages that you create you can always just add new pages. I added a lot of pages on my site with information/articles. I have had fairly good success puting them in sub-directories also as it gave me another keyword search that I normally would not have had the opportunity to get "mr coffee". Adding pages is easy and is in the knowledge base. Adding pages to a subdirectory needs some tweeking but how to do it is available in the "tips and tricks" section. I found this way easy to optimize the pages, just takes a bit of organisation.

There is also a forum contribution for osC where others can post responses to your articles/guides. And also FAQ contributions that might work also.

HTH

Peter

Archived