• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Moving to new host

Shalivar

Hi

I am a total newbie to all this, paid someone online to set up my store and know nothing about programming.

My problem is that I want to move my store from my current host to another. I can't do this because the domain or registry is locked. My questions are:

1. What is the purpose of this lock?

2. How do I unlock it to get it moved?

go to your registar's control panel to unlock it. your registar is whatever company you brought the domain from.

if your host is your registar, unless they're somebody like godaddy or whomever.. may not let you take the domain off their servers, as these type of things - (most of the time) the host would own it.

go to your registar's control panel to unlock it. your registar is whatever company you brought the domain from.

if your host is your registar, unless they're somebody like godaddy or whomever.. may not let you take the domain off their servers, as these type of things - (most of the time) the host would own it.

Thanks for your reply!

But how can they own it? I'm glad you revealed this. I origanlly got the domain name with Go Daddy, but the people who set up the store put it on another host. I want to transfer my store to Go Daddy and get everything I need in one place! Live and Learn. :'(

Archived