• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need advices for a beginner

leoSep

When looking for a host to use with osCommerce make sure they allow PHP and the package includes databases (may say sql or mysql). Other than that it is up to you. Do you need a secure server? If so do they include a certificate? Is it a shared certificate or your own?

As for ftp tools or editing tools there are a ton of free ones out there. You do not need anything special for the ftp program, editing programs should be able to open PHP files and read the code correctly. If you do a search for free php editors you should find a bunch.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Well i can`t tell you what is best but could tell you what i use .:

-web host : ipowerweb.com ......Good hosting company,Offer a shared ssl key and to have or use your own is $99.00 a year extra.

they do not install oscommerce in the root folder, but i still with help from the forum managed to acomplish.

other than that they are a good company.

-ftp program : i personally use Flashfxp and you can download for free with a 30 days full trial but like previous post said there are tons wich you can get for free.

Editing tools : I use Dreamweaver mainly because i already own it but is not really needed as any editor might do the work so no need for fancy editors.

There my 2 cents. :thumbsup:

Archived