• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Oldie with a newie Question-ie

Tim?

Under the aforementioned area (ADMINISTRATION > CONFIGURE > STOCK) there are two options that I'd like to question.

Allow Checkout

I presume it would be suggested to have this turned to False?

What does everyone else have this set to?

Mark product out of stock

Currently this has just *** in it and no text or nothing. If a product becomes out of stock then I presume that this text would be displayed somewhere? If so then where does this text show up?

Hope someone can answer these easy questions...purlease!

Note: It's late here in London, I'm tired and not thinking straight so I can't answer myself :P

I am Tim? and Tim? is me!

Allow Checkout

I presume it would be suggested to have this turned to False?

What does everyone else have this set to?

I have mine set to false, because the majority of my items are unique, so I can't let people try to buy more than I have available :huh: I would guess if you carry certain items regularly and rarely run out of them, it would be appropriate to set it to true...so you could always have them "available".

Mark product out of stock

Currently this has just *** in it and no text or nothing. If a product becomes out of stock then I presume that this text would be displayed somewhere? If so then where does this text show up?

This shows up in red text, above the continue shopping button ...on shopping_cart.php when you've added an out of stock item to your cart. Or if you increase the quantity in the cart, exceeding the number that are available.

It looks like this

Products marked with *** dont exist in desired quantity in our stock.

Please alter the quantity of products marked with (***), Thank you

Archived