• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

moving web site from one hosting service to another

mone_willo

Hi

I'm in the process of moving my Oscommerce Website from one hosting service to another. Will this process only involve copying over the files or are there other issues/installation to be considered.

Awaiting your helpful response. Thank yOu.

You need to download all folders/files and upload to the new host. You need to download a backup of your database, create a new one with the new host and use phpMyAdmin to import the backup into the new (blank) database.

Both configure.php files need to be edited with the correct paths for the new hosts.

Vger

Thanks I've done this however i have one small problem/issue:-

On the checkout_payment.php page no payment methods is been displayed, this problem only occurs with existing customer. I've checked and this problem doesn't occur with new customer that sign up after the site was transfered.

Please help??!!

You need to download all folders/files and upload to the new host. You need to download a backup of your database, create a new one with the new host and use phpMyAdmin to import the backup into the new (blank) database.

Both configure.php files need to be edited with the correct paths for the new hosts.

Vger

Thanks I've done this however i have one small problem/issue:-

On the checkout_payment.php page no payment methods is been displayed, this problem only occurs with existing customer. I've checked and this problem doesn't occur with new customer that sign up after the site was transfered.

Please help??!!

I am experiencing a similar problem. I have had a hell of a time getting my site from one server to the other, it's nearly finished but there are a few problems I can't figure out.

First, is the one with the modules in the admin. There are no options when listing Shipping, Payment and Order Total modules. It just lists the path where the modules would be. I check the files on the FTP, and they are all there the same from the transfer, but not showing up.

ANY ideas on this? I'm pretty stumped.

I am experiencing a similar problem. I have had a hell of a time getting my site from one server to the other, it's nearly finished but there are a few problems I can't figure out.

First, is the one with the modules in the admin. There are no options when listing Shipping, Payment and Order Total modules. It just lists the path where the modules would be. I check the files on the FTP, and they are all there the same from the transfer, but not showing up.

ANY ideas on this? I'm pretty stumped.

If they are not showing up then you need to check your paths in your admin configure.php file as there is most likely a problem with them.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

If they are not showing up then you need to check your paths in your admin configure.php file as there is most likely a problem with them.

Here's the config file. I've done my best to get all my paths correct, but I am guessing there is something I don't know about here, probably with a leading/trailing slash or a directory not being where it should be. Does this look like there are any places where something is added or missing?

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.mindskillsinstitute.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.mindskillsinstitute.com');
 define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');
 define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module
 define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/webs/eflowers/themindskillsinstitute_com/catalog/'); // where the pages are located on the server
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/webs/eflowers/themindskillsinstitute_com/catalog/admin/'); // absolute pate required
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/webs/eflowers/themindskillsinstitute_com/catalog/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
 define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

Hello...I've still not resolved my problem...I've checked the configuration files, however, on the checkout_payment.php page no payment methods is been displayed, this problem only occurs with existing customer. I've checked and this problem doesn't occur with new customer that sign up after the site was transfered.

Please help!

Your config looks OK However I have the same problem with modules. Are you hosting on Unix or Win?

The original install was on unix and worked 100%. This is on windows and I'm having alot more problems. Not only with the modules not showing up, but also things like category images in the admin. I am at a loss here. The paths are all okay as far as I can tell, the path it displays in the modules admin is exaclty where they are located, I have no idea why they aren't showing up.

You must make sure the absolute filesystem paths are correct.

This:

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/webs/eflowers/themindskillsinstitute_com/catalog/admin/');

for example, needs to be the correct, full path to your admin directory. If this was the path from your old server, well, that's why you're having some problems.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Archived