• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Review Approval System

d4funky1

Hi,

I have just added the little bit of code for receiving email notifications to this contribution with no joy?

I have tested it with a couple of products but no email has been sent??

The email account has been set up with my host and within outlook so i wonderd if anyone could take a quick look at the code below just to confirm that i have followed the instructions correctly???

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION . " (reviews_id, languages_id, reviews_text) values ('" . (int)$insert_id . "', '" . (int)$languages_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($review) . "')");
//notify store owner of new review to approve => added by Brian Christensen on 03-16-06
$subject = 'Product Review';
$message = 'There is a new product review awaiting approval';
$from_name = 'Product Reviews';
$from_email = '[email protected]'; //change YOURDOMAIN.com to your store's domain
tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, $subject, $message, $from_name, $from_email);
//end notify store owner
  tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action'))));

This amendment has been made to my catalog/product_reviews_write.php file.

If anyone could just confirm that this is present and correct and maybe if you know what the issue may be????

Many Thanks

D4

• 8 months later...
Hi,

I have just added the little bit of code for receiving email notifications to this contribution with no joy?

I have tested it with a couple of products but no email has been sent??

The email account has been set up with my host and within outlook so i wonderd if anyone could take a quick look at the code below just to confirm that i have followed the instructions correctly???

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION . " (reviews_id, languages_id, reviews_text) values ('" . (int)$insert_id . "', '" . (int)$languages_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($review) . "')");
//notify store owner of new review to approve => added by Brian Christensen on 03-16-06
$subject = 'Product Review';
$message = 'There is a new product review awaiting approval';
$from_name = 'Product Reviews';
$from_email = '[email protected]'; //change YOURDOMAIN.com to your store's domain
tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, $subject, $message, $from_name, $from_email);
//end notify store owner
  tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action'))));

This amendment has been made to my catalog/product_reviews_write.php file.

If anyone could just confirm that this is present and correct and maybe if you know what the issue may be????

Many Thanks

D4

Hi, I was having the same problem. For some reason I couldn't figure out to get "$from_name" and "$from_email" to work on tep_mail so I just went and changed this:

To this:

tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, $subject, $message, REVIEWS, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

After I did that, it worked. I hope it works for you too.

aegrnberg