• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin doesn't request username/password

jonlai9

I just recently installed OSCommerce. Because of the register globals problem, I had to install the patch, located here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...egister+globals

I don't know if it's related to the applying of the patch, but now, when I go into admin (domain/catalog/admin), it doesn't request a username and password. I have defiantely inputted an admin username and password on installation. This is my first time installing OSCommerce, although I have installed it before thru Fantasisco and it was fine.

Is there anytihng I need to activate?

Thanks.

There is nowhere to input a User Name and Password on a standard osCommerce installation. I don't use Fantastico so can't say if they add this feature.

To password protect admin you need to use the Directory or Password Protection link in your web hosting control panel.

Vger

There is nowhere to input a User Name and Password on a standard osCommerce installation. I don't use Fantastico so can't say if they add this feature.

To password protect admin you need to use the Directory or Password Protection link in your web hosting control panel.

Vger

So that means anyone can have access to admin? How's that possible?!

For now that is the case. What you need to do is to password protect the admin folder. Ususally this is done through your webhosting control panel.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Archived