• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Limit links per page

vkg

I applied dynamic sitemap and all products contributions to my site. Per google guidelines, I think that it is preferrable to limit the number of links on a page to about 100. Currently I have 100's of links on sitemap and all products pages. Can someone suggest me changes that I need to make to limit links to 100 and display balance on next page?

Thanks,

Use the splitPageResults class just pass the query for products pretty much like the new products or specials pages do. You could also duplicate the class to use it for the sitemap.

I applied dynamic sitemap and all products contributions to my site. Per google guidelines, I think that it is preferrable to limit the number of links on a page to about 100. Currently I have 100's of links on sitemap and all products pages. Can someone suggest me changes that I need to make to limit links to 100 and display balance on next page?

Thanks,

For the sitemap, can you really have that many. A large site might have 50 legitimate pages. Do you have hundreds of categories? I'm just trying to imagine the site. You can exclude many of the pages listed since they are not necessary, like checkout_success.php. If you still have several hundreds, then you may want use the split page option as mentioned but I doubt that it is necessary. As for the all products, install All Products with Images. It handles the splitting for you, for this very reason.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, I have hundreds of categories. I will try to use splitPageResults class as suggested by Mark and I will check All products with images for products. Thanks for the help.

Archived