• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Having a bit of an issue with editing the stylesheet

Stealth1

So i took on the task of editing my stylesheet for the color scheme of my company and things were going a little slow but once i found the info on what each part meant it started to go smoothly. Now I have ran into an issue that i cant seem to resolve after going through everything atleast twice. Basically the Text on the upper section of the main page is black except for a few words, the copyright part at the bottom is half black and half yellow and other parts like the descriptions of the products and parts of the my account section are black where i want them yellow. I have tried changing and adding things but nothing has changed them and i cant figure out what the issue is. The main part was fine and then all of a sudden it changed and now i cant figure out how to get it back and ive checked all the "color:" parts and there all the code for the yellow i want.

If anyone has run into this issue please help, also if need be i can post up my stylesheet for people to take a look at.

The basic setup is background of the site is grey, borders and bars are black and almost all text is meant to be yellowish gold.

A link would be good so someone could look at it for you.

However, if part of the copyright text is a link, it is conceivable it would be a different colour. You would need to edit the rule for links (A or A.something) in your stylesheet.

Generally, to find which rule is controlling any part of your page. Open it in a browser, right-click and view source, find the part you wish to change and see which class is being called for.

i.e.

<td class="pageHeading">What's New Here?</td>

Then you know to edit the pageHeading rule in the stylesheet. That would be a global change, if you wanted local changes, you would need to create a new rule, then go into that individual page and change as neccesary.

A link would be good so someone could look at it for you.

However, if part of the copyright text is a link, it is conceivable it would be a different colour. You would need to edit the rule for links (A or A.something) in your stylesheet.

Generally, to find which rule is controlling any part of your page. Open it in a browser, right-click and view source, find the part you wish to change and see which class is being called for.

i.e.

<td class="pageHeading">What's New Here?</td>

Then you know to edit the pageHeading rule in the stylesheet. That would be a global change, if you wanted local changes, you would need to create a new rule, then go into that individual page and change as neccesary.

This contrib and I might add you may not want to use it, but it explains which part of the style sheet belongs to each section. It is worth looking at.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...obaltStylesheet

Archived