• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Inserting Video

starcad

Not sure if anyone else has tried this but I wanted to have video of some of the model airplanes I offer on Catalog. Google offers free hosting for your videos and also offers a way to share your vids by embedding them in your product discription page. The code will look like this.

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-3761323232759624536" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" quality="best" bgcolor="#ffffff" scale="noScale" salign="TL"  FlashVars="playerMode=embedded"> </embed>

This is kind of neat if your trying to sell products that could use a little animation like model airplanes. Just another way of dimenstrating your products.

Have fun

Thanks for posting that -- will have to have a look into this for my client

:-)

You're a star -- I owe you one!!

I am Tim? and Tim? is me!

Starcad,

I understand that your shop isn't quite ready to go active but I just wanted to point out that you've repeated the 'Product Notification' box and the 'Tell a friend' box on the right hand side. Seems like this is the same for all products.

Each box is repeated twice.

Also, I don't know why but that video doesn't actually play.

Pressing the play button just does nothing.

?

I am Tim? and Tim? is me!

?

Plays fine for me,

When u click play do you get a message saying buffering in top left corner of screen.

if so wait for that to finnish loading the video

Starcad,

I understand that your shop isn't quite ready to go active but I just wanted to point out that you've repeated the 'Product Notification' box and the 'Tell a friend' box on the right hand side. Seems like this is the same for all products.

Each box is repeated twice.

?

Wow! Thanks for pointing that out Tim as I did not notice it before. Humm! Time to dig into the code and find out where I duplicated things.

Yup! and very well. Actually better than I expected it to.

My shop in not quite ready to go active yet but for demo here is a link to the video product page.

http://www.rcxjets.com/catalog/product_inf...?products_id=29

Hello, this is very interesting, thanks for posting it. It's obvious that you have been working on your site - the link is not working.

Also sesion id's are showing up in the url, you should set 'Force Cookie Usage' to 'True' - Read This

If anyone else has implimented this and has it working then a link would be very much appreciated.

Also sesion id's are showing up in the url, you should set 'Force Cookie Usage' to 'True' - Read This

If the session appears it means the configure.php for the cookie paths is incorrect. And forcing cookies does nothing other than making your cart unusable.

Archived